Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

WTF? Nicotine addition is like heroin addition

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by Smeabplap, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Member

Device:
    Vape Master
    Juice:
    Mango Lassi
    You are absolutely right, people (including myself) are quick to ignore people who say idiotic things, or who are ignorant.
    Be patient, hand them a pamphlet and let them educate themselves. If they are stubborn let it be.
    Anyways, I am surprised to hear nicotine is as addictive as heroin, that is crazy. I do not believe it though, heroin seems way more extreme than nicotine withdrawal.

2. Healey

Healey New Member

Device:
    E-Go
    Juice:
    Banana Flavored local brand
    While nicotine is very, very addictive- the main difference is the withdrawal effects. While moodiness and some physical effects can be expected from quitting smoking, a heroin addict can barely control his bowels, ends up in cold sweats, can barely move, and often end up in the hospital from a multitude of illnesses. There's a reason they have drugs in ERs for people withdrawing heavily from heroin use.

3. Mike Hannigan

Mike Hannigan Member

Device:
    T3S
    Juice:
    ViPS Mint Ice Tea
    He probably read that in some really controversial anti-smoking book written by a "respectable expert in the field", people that don't know the subject you're talking about are worse than the know-it-alls.

4. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    I've heard that nicotine is even more dangerous than marijuana if consumed daily. Has anyone felt the same?

5. Healey

Healey New Member

Device:
    E-Go
    Juice:
    Banana Flavored local brand
    I believe, yes, that nicotine is much more addictive than marijuana for addictive properties. It has a tougher curbing of addiction in my opinion.

But in the way it makes a user operate- this is a case-by-case basis. For people coping with anxiety, marijuana can make you more active socially and acceptable. For others, it will make you walled-off and completely useless- socially speaking, of course.

6. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    All addictions are rooted in the same concept: you don't need it to be healthy, it has adverse effects, and you suffer from a lack of it if you get used to it. There's so many things that qualify as an "addiction" to mild degrees - food, drinks, behaviors, games, etc. If you open up that can of worms, you can throw all kinds of things in there. Doesn't make it right.

Healey likes this.
  7. karmelyn

karmelyn New Member

Device:
    hp 17 touchscreen laptop
    Juice:
    don't have one yet
    First thing I do when I wake up in the morning, is have a cigarette. The last thing I do before bed is have a cigarette. I love them, however I hate them at the same time. It is a horrible addiction!!!

8. jennyyili

jennyyili New Member

Device:
    HelloCig Megatron E-Cigarette
    Juice:
    passion fruit
  9. Hedonologist

Hedonologist Member

Device:
    PC
    Juice:
    n/a
    It depends, nicotine may well give you less of a high, and have less severe withdrawals, but it depends on your ability to control yourself. Smokers have a relapse rate on par with heroin addicts.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    The nicotine addiction itself is probably the same as most other addictions but the damage it does won't be as severe. That isn't to suggest that smoking is a habit that is worth taking up, as it obviously isn't but of all the addictions then even though there can be severe effects, there is worse things out there that people can take.

11. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    Sounds very familiar. Are you trying to battle the addiction? I know, you have probably been doing that for so long. But what about now?

12. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I'm exactly the same aswell and I think that with most people who still smoke, that's going to be a familiar story.

There's no doubt that nicotine is probably one of the hardest addictions to manage, and of course what makes it even worse is that it's legal, so even if your trying to quit you know that cigarettes are available whenever you want them.