Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Would you permit your children to vape?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by Hedonologist, Feb 29, 2016.

1. rajesh

rajesh Member

Device:
    MODs
    Juice:
    Gorilla Juice
    My son is actually interested in vaping. He is 16 years old. I have not allowed him to vape because I think it is not a good decision to allow children to vape until they turn 18. Therefore, I will allow my son to vape after he turns 18. Vaping is much safer than real cigars. Therefore, I 'can' allow him to vape when he reaches the age group of 16-17.;)

2. divinemaredi

divinemaredi Member

Device:
    eGo-type
    Juice:
    PG
    Certainly not, but in all honesty, it's their own decision.
    But I will make sure that my child is well advised and adequately informed to make rational decisions.

But I do believe that it is certainly safer compared to smoking. But age is also an important
    factor to consider.

3. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1 Member

Device:
    sr-elit
    Juice:
    tobacco
    Yes, I would permit my children to vape without doubts. We live in a world full of mean people. Sometimes we have to find a way to deal with mean people. Some people try being nice to them. But, I prefer giving them what they deserve. I am a nice guy but I have my limits when insults are made. Children have to deal with insults too. Vaping is a way to deal with mean people. So, I wouldn’t mind if my future children wanted to vape.

4. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    Tricky question, but this all depends on the age. I mean, if they are too young of course not, but from 18 on they are adults and free to do as they wish, so I will respect their decisions.

5. arvis

arvis New Member

Device:
    X6
    Juice:
    Banana Chocolate
    Highly depends on the age. If they are still young, they could likely develop nicotine addiction and most of liquids contain that. On the other hand if they are old enough, I'd rather have them using vaporizer than smoking.

6. Cory Smith

Cory Smith Guest

I'm not a parent yet, but i do vape and quite honestly find nothing wrong with it. I feel like age would play a big roll in this, as well as health conditions. I'd say at about 14 or 15 years old vaping is fine.. considering I started smoking at the age of 12.

7. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    To the people that would stop them regardless of their age, you do realize that parents telling them -not- to do something blindly because its "their house, their rules" tends to make them more likely to do it, right? It's a common phenomenon, tattoos, alcohol, etc. You have to reason with them and hit them on their level or theyll just wanna do it more.

8. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    It's nothing wrong with it when comparing to smoking, it's way better no question, but vaping doesn't benefit our health. A healthy juice could be a great invention though!

9. Okaviator

Okaviator Member

Device:
    Joyetech
    Juice:
    Lemon
    I would never condone my child to vape. However if he is older than 17 and is addicted to smoking, I would recommend vaping.

10. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    Well, you are in a pretty delicate situation, because he will for sure start smoking before he turns 18 if you keep forbidding him to vape, also it's not good to let him vape at any age, so there's no right thing to do. I believe that you must have very serious discussion with him, tell him the stories of why you think he shouldn't ever start smoking, tell him your experiences, so you might reach him.

11. epaultspm

epaultspm Member

Device:
    Aspire K3
    Juice:
    Green Apple
    I would never approve of a child smoking anything, but if you're talking about a teenager then it's different. I would sit my child (teen) down, and make sure they know all the pros and cons of smoking (vaping). This way they can make an informed decision, because you know if they really wanted to they would just sneak behind your back and do it anyway. At least that's what I would have done, but I was not a good teenager:p.

12. Gombafej

Gombafej New Member

Device:
    PC
    Juice:
    Orange
    Definitely not. It's not healthy enough for them I think. Most of my acquaintances do it for fun, and honestly there are a lot better ways of having fun for children than vaping, lol.

13. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel
    Juice:
    Pineapple
    Well, I personally think that if I saw my dad vaping then why wouldnt I do it as well? it is all about how you educate your children, when it comes to vaping I would never do it when they are around, would be a bad daddy if I did so.

14. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    That makes sense, no need to force someone into vaping, but providing an healthier alternative to smoking is something we should do.

15. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury New Member

Device:
    None
    Juice:
    None
    Absolutely not. It is still considered cigarette smoking, even though it doesn't have much of the health concerns. Cigarette smoking still requires legal age, so the same rule applies to vaping.

16. mauricioq

mauricioq New Member

Device:
    Pen Style
    Juice:
    Apple
    Probably not, but after they're 18, you can't really control it, if they want to smoke they'll find a way to do it. All you can do is advise and alert them for the dangers.

17. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    You can't really control it even when they're younger, I started smoking at 16 without my parents knowledge, I have a lot of friends who did, and continue to do it up to this day. The real concern comes when you realize he or she might try real cigarettes, would you rather have you children vape with your consent than the possibility of him or her smoking without your consent and knowledge?