Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Would you ever smoke again?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by Hedonologist, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    I think you made an association between the two, so when ever you went out drinking you thought that you needed to smoke. The cool thing is that you can take nicotine free juice and still have the same amount of fun as you did before.

Ladyferoz likes this.
  2. divinemaredi

divinemaredi Member

Device:
    eGo-type
    Juice:
    PG
    Certainly not. I vape solely for the reason that I wish to leave my bad habit of smoking, so in all honesty, I do not wish to go back there...

3. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Member

Device:
    Vape Master
    Juice:
    Mango Lassi
    You are right. I realized it is easy to get addicted because once you make those associations, it is easier to get addicted to nicotine. I started craving it whenever I was stressed or irritated.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    You're right when you say that stress can be a huge factor that makes people start smoking again, and I know that fact only too well.

A good friend of mine stopped smoking cold turkey many years ago now but his wife sadly passed away last year. After not smoking in nearly 10 years, the first thing he did was ask for a cigarette when he heard the news. Its easy to say that the person he asked shouldn't have give him one, but in a situation like that it's very hard not to do what they ask, and I know that because it was me that gave him the cigarette.

Looking back I shouldn't have, but at the time if your friend as just been told his wife had been killed, you do anything and everything they ask of you.

5. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    In a situation like that anyone would do the same thing you did. After all I don't doubt that you weren't in shock yourself. It's easy to look back with a cool head and say that you shouldn't have giving him the cigarette, but like you said, a good friend would have done anything he ask.

6. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    So, in other words you've chosen the lesser of two evils. Right?

7. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    I have made that mistake once and it cost me 2 years of smoking so no, I would never smoke again, that is something I can say with a lot of certainty.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    There's many reasons why people do start smoking again and me giving my friends a cigarette in his time of need was just one example.

I know people who have stopped for 20 years who one day just thought fu*k it and started smoking again. I've asked them why and they've just said that every day is a struggle and they would rather smoke than not smoke. After that's after 20 years of being stopped!

9. divinemaredi

divinemaredi Member

Device:
    eGo-type
    Juice:
    PG
    Wow...But that is actually motivating, thanks a lot for forewarning the consequences to us, I do not think anyone would want to experience that

oportosanto likes this.
  10. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Great reminder of how powerful an addiction can be. I'd recommend having a support circle, me and my friends make it impossible for any of us to start smoking again because we'd be so damned ashamed of each other if we went back after how far we've all come

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    Having people around you that support you will certainly help if you're ever tempted to start smoking again but at the same time that can also make things worse I've found in the past.

Sometimes the more people say don't do something, the more you want to do it and that just increases the cravings even more.

12. joshposh

joshposh New Member

Device:
    pipe
    Juice:
    none
    I would if was totally out of juice and was under a lot of stress. Then and only then would I actually smoke a cigarette. I've converted over to green pastures. Can't go back willingly.

13. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    No problem, my pleasure. Many times we might think it's just a cigarette, but before we know it we are hooked again.

14. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    The forbidden fruit is the most sort after, I think as long as people don't try to pressure you the easier it will be to get over the cravings. They might be doing it for your own good but talking about it doesn't really help.

pwarbi likes this.
  15. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    That's exactly what it is, a form of stubbornness aswell I guess. When I was a 20 a day smoker who was trying to give up, I could go all day without a cigarette and even though it was hard I coped.

Then I'd go to someone's house who did smoke, they'd get up to go outside to have a cigarette and they'd say "I'll be back in a minute, you'll have to stay there because you're not allowed one"...and that would make me more determined to have one. If they hadn't have said anything or tried to tell me what to do I wouldn't have had one. The fact they did made me show them that I won't be bossed about.

16. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    I believe they see that as a part of their life they don't want to give up. Fine, if they want to hurt themselves they should go ahead, but they forget they hurt everyone around them.

17. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    When you're addicted to something though, and that's what smoking is, an addiction, you don't see it as you're hurtingbother people around you or even yourself that matter.

The only thoughts you have are about when you're going to have a cigarette, or if your stopping, your thoughts tend to drift to why you're stopping because especially at the beginning, you feel like your life is worse rather than better now that you've stopped.

18. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    That's the issue, people don't even face the problem and the possibility to solve it because if they could they would make it and vaping can definitely be a great help in this process.

19. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel
    Juice:
    Pineapple
    No because once you go over that hurt you so much in the past is just suicidal, pretty much because you did all you could to leave it like that with all your sweat and willingess. It's like betraying yourself over some really bad habit that noone should ever have, if you don't smoke, dont ever do it, you will feel blessed trust me.

20. Okaviator

Okaviator Member

Device:
    Joyetech
    Juice:
    Lemon
    I will never go back to smoking ever again. Vaping has helped me with my addiction and so far I've been clean for two months. :smile: