Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Women don't vape.

Discussion in 'New Vapers Forum' started by Stopcigarettes, Mar 18, 2016.

1. cig93

cig93 Member

Device:
    various
    Juice:
    apollo
    I have seen women vape in public before. The demographic is mostly 40+ women or maybe just in my town. Are there any younger vapers out there? It is interesting to see how these things change, I am positive about that many women would like vaping once trying it out.

2. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    That's the thing, I do see women smoking all the time, but I still haven't seen one single women vaping. I know that there are women that vape and the female members on this forum have said that they smoke in public but were I live I haven't seen on single one.

pwarbi likes this.
  3. arvis

arvis New Member

Device:
    X6
    Juice:
    Banana Chocolate
    Vaping has no annoying smell like from cigarettes so I'd say it's way more attractive than smoking.
    Also healthier, at least as far as I know.

4. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    This is true but because there has been a very strong anti-tobacco campaign in resent years, when ever people see smoke that automatically think that its tobacco smoke. So people will without thinking try to block their noses.

5. vibe

vibe New Member

Device:
    None
    Juice:
    None
    I know a lot of women who vape. They vape in public, but they don't make a big deal out of it. I thought that women didn't vape either, until my friends that do started pointing them out to me.

6. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    One of my female friends recently mentioned that girls are more prone to staying away from things because of social criticism, while men revel in it much more, and guys don't really understand that about them. In other words, there are some girls smoking that -WOULD- vape, but they're more sensitive to the stigma and don't want to be ostracized or labelled, so they keep smoking.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I do think that one of the main reasons vaping isn't as widely used by women is because of the stigma attached to it, and if anything they'd rather still be seen smoking than vaping.

As it gets more and more popular though like it is doing, I can only see the number of women vaping in public will increase.

8. nergaahl

nergaahl New Member

Device:
    eGo
    Juice:
    Kiwi juice
    I have never met a woman owning a vaper. Maybe it's because they are not as attracted to technology and innovations as men. They, however, seem to enjoy vaping and will never refuse a puff if offered. They just choose to spend money on things which are more... "practical", such as clothes, make-up, or other women things.

9. arvis

arvis New Member

Device:
    X6
    Juice:
    Banana Chocolate
    Yeah, but in most cases you can clearly see it's not a cigarette but a vaporizer.
    Perhaps some people just aren't educated enough about the topic, so they make false assumptions.

10. Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands Member

Device:
    e-cig
    Juice:
    Strawberry
    I am a woman, and I will admit that I too had noticed that not many women choose to vape in public. In fact, I think there is only one other woman apart from myself that I know in "real life" who vapes in public. But having said that, I don't know a great deal of smokers either, so I suppose my group of friends just mustn't be big on it in general! I think that more women should be encouraged to vape, as it really can help to cut down on the smoking, and that means that they would be able to have a much healthier future in comparison to what they otherwise would have been able to have.

11. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    True that but I don't think people look at what you are using they just see the vapor and think it's smoke. People at large just don't know what it is to vape.

12. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    If people walk past a group of smokers they won't notice is they're smoking or vaping, that's true as they just still assume they're smoking cigarettes.

As vaping gets more and more popular in the future that might change but for now people see smoking and vaping as the same thing, and continue to judge accordingly unfortunately.

13. rajesh

rajesh Member

Device:
    MODs
    Juice:
    Gorilla Juice
    Honestly,I have seen many women vaping in public. Yesterday, I went to a store and after buying some items, I told the worker to calculate the bill of some grocery items that I bought. You know what I saw? Many women workers in the store were vaping! I have seen many scenes like this in my life. Therefore, I don't believe that women don't vape.

14. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    People aren't saying that women don't vape, I think what most people are saying is that women just don't vape in public as much as men do.

That of course differs from one country to the next, but that's certainly the case over here in the UK anyway from what I've seen.

Stopcigarettes likes this.
  15. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    Exactly, just on this forum alone we have women that vape in public but vaping isn't as common as smoking, both in men and women. I just find it odd that I haven't seen any women vaping, I could walk down the block and I could see I don't know how many women smoking but none vaping.

16. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    I rarely see them vaping. Unfortunately. I'm all in for that. I generally hate the smoke smell that comes out of their mouth, especially if it's a very cute girl. However, vaping does quite the opposite and make them smell awesome.

17. dblanch

dblanch Member

Device:
    Eiffel T1
    Juice:
    Eros
    I certainly haven't encountered many women who vape, but that kind of blanket statement is hardly applicable.

18. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    I don't know what you're talking about, in fact I think that I've seen far more women vaping than I've seen men doing this, at least that's how the thing goes in my country. I believe the proportions along the whole world to be about 50-50 when you compare the numbers of women vaping to the number of men vaping.

19. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    I think it's a regional thing there are certain places that women have embraced it more then other places. I wouldn't say the percentage is that high on a global scale, but I think there is a slightly lower percentage of women that vape.

20. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    You can state the number of women you've seen vaping in your own country and think it's roughly around 50/50 worldwide, but without any exact statistics it's just that, an opinion.

I've said what I think it is and that's just my opinion on what I've seen in the north west of the UK. To start a post off with "I don't know what your talking about" is a little harsh when all everyone as done on the thread uptime now as give their opinions and nothing more.