Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Why am I coughing?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by FuryHUH, Oct 7, 2015.

1. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    @pwarbi Yes, that's my sentiment as well. Anyway as @Gemma Rowlands said, it might be because of the flavourings as well. Maybe @FuryHUH can try changing the flavouring or the juices as well. Although I'm quite glad that I haven't experienced any allergic reaction to flavours or juices until now.

At this point, we're really just guessing since it hasn't really happened to us. I just hope that whatever it is, it is not that serious or anything.

pwarbi likes this.
  2. ciaran071198

ciaran071198 New Member

Device:
    Nicorettes
    Juice:
    Tobacco Cartomiser
    I find I cough or at least get a very harsh throat hit at times. It all depends on how deeply I drag however so try inhaling more frequently for shorter periods of time.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    How people smoke or vape will have an impact on throat dryness and coughing, your right, and I think that often gets overlooked.

People think that people inhale in the same ways but they didn't when smoking, so that's definitely going to be the case when it comes to vaping aswell I would have thought.

4. SCSullivan

SCSullivan New Member

Device:
    kik
    Juice:
    coconut
    Like others, I totally agree that you should see a doctor to rule out any medical condition, as it may not be related to actual vaping. However, if it happens mainly in the morning, it could be your sinuses. Today, we tend to live in well insulated homes, and during the Winter have the heating on hight with little fresh air in circulation. This can often dry out the mucous membranes, cause sinus problems which can lead to a cough, mainly on waking. Hope you get it sorted out, and lots of good advice others have already given.

missvape likes this.
  5. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    Yep, if it's something that it's not going away quickly, I mean a few days, a doctor has to be consulted because it means the body doesn't has the capacity to heal itself and needs a helping hand from our side.

6. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    You gave some good advice as well. In the mornings, I always try to open the windows at our room just to let some fresh air in. And I also open the windows in the living room since it can be quite stuffy in there as well. However, in our bedroom, we always use air condition so it's essential that we let some fresh air in or else all viruses and dirt will be trapped in there.

I truly hope that OP's coughing is not vaping related though. We've already given lots of possible scenarios that might be causing the coughing.