Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Where would you vape but not smoke?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by chip53, Oct 24, 2015.

1. knitmehere

knitmehere Member

Device:
    Vaped Nano
    Juice:
    Unicorn Milk
    My own home is the only place that I vape that I wouldn't smoke. Anywhere else I still feel as though it's impolite, but in my own home I'm away from other people and still avoiding the nasty smell that cigarettes would leave.

2. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Device:
    Joyetech Ego One
    Juice:
    Atmos watermelon
    I would probably vape inside the car, and inside my house. If I smoked cigarettes, I would never smoke in my car or in my house. It would make the value of both decline very fast!

3. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    That's perfectly ok vaping in the room, first of all because you are not bothering anyone, secondly it doesn't leave a smell like smoking does, so there is a huge difference.

4. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    That's no good. Not only in terms of vaping but generally. In my opinion, schools shouldn't be some kind of farms where "ideal" people are grown. It never worked, actually.

5. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Member

Device:
    iTaste MVP 2.0 iClear 30
    Juice:
    Snake oil from Seduce Juice, pear/coconut/cream
    Оn аеrоplаnеs оr in аirpоrts?

Nо, аlthоugh tесhniсаlly yоu'd оnly bе brеаking соmpаny pоliсy, rаthеr thаn thе lаw (nоt thаt wе еnсоurаgе this оf соursе). Е-сigаrеttеs аrе striсtly fоrbiddеn оnbоаrd аll Еаsyjеt, British Аirwаys, Virgin Аirlinеs, Ryаn Аir аnd KLM flights. Thе issuеs асrоss thе bоаrd is thаt pаssеngеrs will mistаkе thеm fоr аuthеntiс сigаrеttеs аnd fееl it's ассеptаblе tо light up.

Sаmе drill fоr аirpоrts. Yоu саn vаpе in dеsignаtеd smоking аrеаs but thе likеs оf Stаnstеd, Glаsgоw аnd Bristоl аrе оn rigid е-сigаrеttе lосkdоwn.

6. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    Neither did I. i really disliked the smell of stale cigarette smoke so never smoked indoors. I haven't dropped the habit completely but when the weather is favorable I will vape inside.

7. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    I would vape anywhere, a restaurant for example or even in my house. As for smoking no way because I would be harming others by doing it, but not with vaping.

8. arvis

arvis New Member

Device:
    X6
    Juice:
    Banana Chocolate
    I both smoke and vape in my car, but I wouldn't smoke a cigarette with windows closed, I would vape though. Unfortunately in my country - Latvia they have banned smoking AND vaping in a car, even if you are standing in a parking lot. I find this new law very idiotic.

9. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    I have never smoked inside the car that I have now, but have vaped inside it a handful of times. I still don't do it often though, old habits die hard.

10. dblanch

dblanch Member

Device:
    Eiffel T1
    Juice:
    Eros
    I've never been in the situation before, but I know people who will not smoke in the presence of children but will instead vape. I can see the logic as it's much less harmful to them, but I think I would avoid doing it even then.

11. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    Yeah that is a very good principle, to protect kids. I wish my father did it as he smoke all the way through my childhood even if I have allergy issues and was taken to the hospital a few times.

12. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    I don't, first i don't want to set a bad example and secondly better safe then sorry. Most people that there aren't any secondary effects form second hand vape, but why would you risk it.

13. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    Those are good arguments because vaping seems to be harmless, but eventually it's not. Also, giving the example is something important and we should all do it.

14. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    Pretty much anywhere that has a lot of non-smokers is a place I'll vape and not smoke. Obviously any indoor place is also a no go for cigarettes. This isn't an issue for me anyway now that I have been off cigarettes for a while now.

15. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    That is one of the big advantages of vaping, the water vapor is harmless, so unless there is a rule about it we can vape anywhere!

16. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    ^I think just as long as you don't make others feel uncomfortable and invade their space you could pretty much vape anywhere. There are always going to be those that think that you are smoking and will try to confront you.

17. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I think here in the UK, it's got to a point now we're people don't vape anywhere they don't smoke, simply because they're afraid of the repercussions.

While vaping is widely acknowledged to be safer even though it'd not been proven, a lot of places still put cigarettes and vaping under the same banner and vaping these days is being more and more looked upon as just the same as smoking unfortunately.

18. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    Yes, the tobacco industry made that campaign trying to level vaping and smoking, but I feel it's unfair because vaping is no hurting anyone, so they should not be compared.

19. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    They shouldn't really be compared, and like I said before, if more research was done and the findings published so that everyone could see, then that trend would subside.

People see somebody putting something in their mouth and think it's just the same as smoking, when we all of us that do vape, know that it isn't.

20. Duckbrador

Duckbrador New Member

Device:
    Aspire
    Juice:
    Crystal eliquid - RY4
    When I smoked, it was always outside. It didn't matter if I was at home, at work, at the bar or anywhere else. I would always go outside to smoke. Now that I vape, one of those has changed. At the bar, and at work, I still go outside; mostly because it's required by law or will be soon, so I figure that I might as well already be in the habit. At home is another story; I vape in my house all the time. Since the by-product of vaping is really water vapor, I don't worry about it staining my house and having to clean the walls regularly because it doesn't leave anything behind. Vaping also does not leave behind a smell the way that cigarettes do. When I go into a smokers house, when they smoke in the house, all I can smell is cigarettes because that smell seems to overpower everything else. I find that the majority of people cannot smell the vapor so they don't notice it at all.

The one issue I have found with vaping in my house is that I do it constantly. When I smoked, I would be outside for 5 minutes and back in. When the cigarette was done, it was done. When I put my e-cig down, I can go right back to it within a few minutes. I find I have to put it in another room when I don't intend to be using it. Otherwise it is almost always in my hand.