Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

What is your preference, tube or box?

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by Tino, Jun 23, 2015.

1. kostass

kostass New Member

I only have one tube mod and no box mods but for my vaping style I like 18350 and 18490's in my Provari. I only have interest in "mini" versions of everything as I like the small form factor as far as pocket friendliness and I only vape 2-3mils a day. Four on a bad day, or a good day if I just love the juice. I do have interest in getting a box mod but I believe my Provari will always be my favorite. So TUBE MOD.

2. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

Those are cool looking but, I left cartos behind some time ago. So not for me.

Nice but, I gotta have me some VV at least. 18650 battery preferred. I can't tell what battery that uses but, it doesn't appear to be VV.

3. nami183x

nami183x New Member

Never had a box mod, but I don't really want one either. I like my tubes... and my pipes.

4. Intalluts

Intalluts New Member

I'd say Tube for the mire consealability factor

5. qylzlmzemf

qylzlmzemf New Member

I have 3 tube mods and no box mods but i think i wouldnt like box mods

6. OliverKel

OliverKel New Member

I think tubes really sell - love my bottom feeder for a lot of stuff but the look and comfort of a tube are always going to be more popular.

7. Nahdiappy

Nahdiappy New Member

That is simply incorrect. And who said it has to be "7 amp continuous discharge"? Do you simply turn it on and vape it dry?

When we look at the DNA specs we see this.

- Input Current 1.5 Amps (Min) 4.0 Amps (Typical) 7 Amps (Max).

The high drain Panasonic is rated at 10A continuous does that mean it just stops then? Hardly. It can easily provide much more than that in bursts... but it obviously doesn't need to. So assuming we have a 20W vaper (that certainly ain't me) who needs maximum thrust the Panasonic will be just cruising, not even breaking a sweat, at only 70% of it's rating. Any electrical engineer would consider that quite acceptable and very conservative. Not only is going to a higher C LiPo battery unneeded, it's also foolish and unsafe. The biggest market for high drain batteries is in the cordless tool market where you'll never see LiPos being used due to safety concerns.

If you feel the Panasonic isn't enough you could go with a the 1600mAh AW 18650 true IMR, it's max discharge rating is at least 2X that of the Panasonic and at high discharge rates does quite well.

Here's one of SuperT's (BTW a vendor who tests and truly understands his products) 5A tests. 5A is a pretty good figure as the bulk of the vapers out there will be probably not even need that (~15W).

[​IMG]

You'll note that at a 3.3V cut-off the AW lasts longer, the Panasonic edges out a tad if drained to 3.2V. Most vapers will bail out before the 3.2V mark.

Going to some oddball battery in bag makes no sense, LiPos can be and are considerably more dangerous and volatile.

Our good old Li-Ions are tough (wrapped in a steel shell, not a glorified baggie), easy to mount (for modders there are plenty of available holders) and easy to charge on our existing chargers. And are priced right.

Here's a great cell (don't know if I posted it). Made by Samsung who has a major presence in the high end tool market.

HID Battery Samsung 20A 18650 20R INR18650 20R 2000mAh 3 6V Li ion Rechargeable | eBay

Great price too. And in tests it will achieve it's stated 2000mAh at a full 15A continuous drain.

Sweet. :)

8. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

The big question is does it have anything to keep it from blowing up in my face? Chemistry maybe? It doesn't appear to be protected. I haven't been able to find any info on that. Need to look at the death-ray flashlight forums I guess. One other caution is that there are reputed have some cases of counterfeit batteries on ebay. I'd look for a reputable dealer.

9. superstar dj

superstar dj New Member

Box. There are just so many more options for form factor and functionality once you get away from pure tube. Though I still love my Vamo.

10. lovelove11

lovelove11 New Member

Same here with the Vamo but I'd like a 18650 box with the Vamo buttons FTW!

11. denence

denence New Member

I prefer box mods...

but have got a few gg clones and starting to like these lil tubes tho..lol

12. purplem00n

purplem00n New Member

depends on my mood. I like box and tube mods equally but DNA 20 would be great on either.

13. aksinyan

aksinyan New Member

I like both but lately more for the tubes.

14. Pam Beasley

Pam Beasley New Member

Tube,Box,tin, whatever I grab. Lol

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

15. stomatrachtima

stomatrachtima New Member

I'm gonna say box just because I'm tired of my vamo falling over constantly.

16. mikanau8z

mikanau8z New Member

I prefer tubes, but I need a box mod to carry in my pocket from time to time. I just don't like the way the boxes fit in my hand.

17. carmelbro

carmelbro New Member

In on tubes

:laugh:

18. space monkey

space monkey New Member

This isn'tan east question for me. Maybe if cigarettes weren't tubes I'd feel differently but until I got my DocDave, MVP and Billetbox,I really had no preference for boxex Now its a tossup but pretty sure my goto will remain a tube.

19. soothisse

soothisse New Member

20. cedan2

cedan2 New Member

I prefer the tube and hate the look of the box mod.