Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Wеirdеst еxpеriеnсе in а vаpе shоp?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by Jack Benoit, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Member

Device:
    iTaste MVP 2.0 iClear 30
    Juice:
    Snake oil from Seduce Juice, pear/coconut/cream
    Wеirdеst еxpеriеnсе in а vаpе shоp?
    Just оut оf сuriоsity. I rесеntly wеnt intо оnе аnd wаs prеsеntеd with thе оptiоn оf purсhаsing а tiе-dyе piесе in thе shаpе оf а (mаlе аnаtоmiсаl pаrt). Thе sаlеsmаn sееmеd vеry insistеnt оn thе 'bеnеfits'.

2. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    Wow, they will do anything for a sale. What next, a product that will give back your youth and there won't be a girl that will resist you. Not only that but the clouds will part and it will start raining money, but only notes after all you would get bruised if it was coins.

3. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    Totally agree. They are offering tons of unnecessary stuff If I buy tons of another right then and there. I usually refuse.

4. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    I've never really had any "weird" experiences, but I've had experiences where I walked out of a place and felt like I was robbed. I felt like I got duped into buying a timeshare or something. I try to make my visits short and to the point. I get in and out as quick as possible.

5. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    Well, once there was an elder in front of me in the line, he insisted that the merchant brings him tobacco, he argued that this can't be called a shop that sells smoking related stuff if it doesn't own any tobacco, the guy who was working there said that the magazine was exclusive for electronic devices and asked him if he wanted to test them out, the elder left swearing through his teeth.

6. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    There is a smoke shop nearby that advertises their vape stuff with a cigarette mascot sign spinner? Like bro...conflict of interests?

7. djvape

djvape New Member

Device:
    iStick
    Juice:
    Vegie Glyc
    Well, the only really weird experience that I had was when I walked into this shop and they offered me like a Washington apple flavor but when I tried it, it was more like rotten apples. I don't know. I didn't say anything to that guy about the flavor and just said,"Thanks", and walked out.

8. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    My weirdest experience in a vape shop would have to be when I walked into a local vape shop and the sales people are watching a movie that is very vulgar. I mean, straight on vulgar and not to be shown for kids at all. I mean, I know kids won't walk into vape shops by themselves but hello, I don't even watch those kinds of videos so why are they even playing it there?

I'm just glad that not all vape shops that I visit do that. It's just that particular one so I tried to avoid it for the longest time now. I wonder if they're still playing those videos or maybe the management has gotten to them. I'm just to chicken to even see for myself, lol.

I would also like to add one time that this sales person was forcing me to buy this one flavour. He said that it's a best seller and so I tried some of it. But yuck! I wonder why is that a best seller? Or maybe it just isn't selling very well and he's trying to get rid of stocks. Lol.

9. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    Fortunately they aren't that aggressive when it comes to sale were I buy my stuff. They already have a steady clientele and they know that if they start to pressure the people too much they will go somewhere else.

10. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Device:
    Laptop
    Juice:
    Apple
    Well I can thankfully say that I have not had too many, but there is one particular situation that comes to mind that was a little bit strange. I was in there looking for something and was in hurry waiting behind this guy who was asking some questions and you could tell he was frustrated, and then all of the sudden he kicks his boot into the little stand and it knocked over a bunch of stuff and he ended up apologizing and looking like a you know what. It was pretty funny, but definitely strange.

11. knitmehere

knitmehere Member

Device:
    Vaped Nano
    Juice:
    Unicorn Milk
    I haven't had really weird experiences, but I do feel as though most of the people working in them are just there for the money. I understand it's a job, but that's the type of job you should only have if you're really interested in it and not just trying to force unnecessary products on people.

12. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Device:
    Joyetech Ego One
    Juice:
    Atmos watermelon
    I remember one time I went to buy a new tank for my mod and the salesman was acting very strange. He was saying some weird stuff about demons and a lot about world peace, like something hippies would say back in the 1970s... That probably would explain it as he had a huge peace sign hanging from the roof haha!

13. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    There are people that vape marijuana, so it does sound like he had a little bit more then just nicotine in his juice. hahaha

14. GamerLady

GamerLady Member

Device:
    Kanger Subox Mini, Tesla Two Submod
    Juice:
    Before we got married, I managed to get my husband interested in vaping. Wanting to give him the opportunity to try different ejuices from different stores, I took him to a vape shop that a co-worker recommended. I knew that I was in trouble when I walked into the store and the clerk started talking to my husband instead of me; even after my husband told the clerk that I was the one who knew more about vaping.

We got to talking about equipment because we wanted to get my husband a new tank. I asked if they carried the Aerotank, and the clerk said that he didn't have them in. I asked him if he carried any Kanger tanks. The guy looked me in the eye (this was the first, and only time that he addressed me directly) and said, "You know that Kanger is a brand, right?" I was like, "Really? You don't say? Of course I do, but my Aspire Nautilus has been such a pain that I am a fan of Kanger products; hence the question." He was kind of butt-hurt by my response; I guess he thought it odd that a woman would have any knowledge about "manly stuff."

My husband was pretty ticked about the guy being a jerk. We bought some juice, but it sucked, so we never went back.

15. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    I don't think that they are aggressive when it comes to this. Annoying I'd say instead. Sure, they persuade and persist. However, it gets way too try-hard sometimes. I don't wanna be part of any "loyalty program" that requires buying a shittone of stuff every month.

16. djvape

djvape New Member

Device:
    iStick
    Juice:
    Vegie Glyc
    I second that. I don't want to be a part of that either. The best loyalty programs are the ones where I get rewarded for my purchases and get exclusive discounts offered in a non-intrusive way.

17. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel
    Juice:
    Pineapple
    It was when I went to my local vape shop, it was my first time and I was staring at everything without knowing nothing or what to do next so I approached the lady on charge and I asked what I should buy for a first time and she straight up pointed at this looking ass dildo kind of vape and I was like ah hell no, I couldn't stop my laughter for long and I had to go out for a little bit and laugh but I got back inside really quick and she showed me the flavors for the vape and I was like okay I'm interested in some of the citric/sweet flavors and she made me try this disgusting rose flavor. I never came back to that place.

18. rajesh

rajesh Member

Device:
    MODs
    Juice:
    Gorilla Juice
    Wow! funny story. A similar story happened with me. I asked for a new flavour. The shopkeeper gave me 'hyme' flavour. I tasted it and it was like a rotten cucumber! LOL! :mad: This was the funniest experienced for me.

19. Okaviator

Okaviator Member

Device:
    Joyetech
    Juice:
    Lemon
    I always used to go to this e-cig shop in New York. And every time I bought a juice the owner would always advertise discounts to me. It was the funniest sight ever.

20. tskier01123

tskier01123 Member

Device:
    iTaste MVP with Nautilus Mini Tank
    Juice:
    Vaporleaf - Fire & Ice (Cinnamon / Menthol)
    I think I was at a shop that was about to get robbed but then the robber became curious about the store and decided not to rob the place. It's a weird story, it was when ecigs were just blowing up in like 2012 and the shop I went to would have these huge long lines. Anyway these two guys behind me were talking, none too quietly, about their plans. When I pieced it all together I kind of freaked out but by then they were talking about whatever was going on. Saw people vaping, etc. Anyway, they waited in line patiently talked to a guy bought some stuff and walked out. I don't know if I'm sure that's what was about to go down, like I said it was a weird crowded situtation, but I think that was what was going to happen. Other than that my visits to the vape shop are pretty mundane more often than not.