Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Vtr into a DNA30?

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by Beckie, Jul 6, 2015.

1. redfoxknight

redfoxknight New Member

Aw skorne, why did you have to go and do that?! Now I'm gonna be all nervous and what if it doesn't work?! What if I screw it up?!

Lol it's all good. :) glad your along for the ride, might be somewhat bumpy, but I fried the original board in it today, so I have nowhere to go but up! Hahaha!

2. dslava

dslava New Member

So how did you end up frying the bored in it today?

3. renamon

renamon New Member

Well I removed the battery tube to follow the 510 lead, and well... I replaced tube, didn't move the lead, hard shorted the board against the enclosure. Lol. It was a stupid mistake but hopefully I'll be able to have it done tomorrow. :)

4. Loveable

Loveable New Member

After its done any chance of making a short video displaying the mod and the thew found menu functions?

5. cleznoy4a

cleznoy4a New Member

I can sure try lol. I can't guarantee it but I'll give it a shot. :) provided it works when I'm done. Hahah. :)

6. Fraurce

Fraurce New Member

I take it that things are not going so well?

7. plod

plod New Member

Well I'm running into an issue with the board size, and the location of useable space with board connections. If I use the original button I don't have anywhere to run the wires through to the board, if I by pass the switch, I have to mount it and the board In a space that's just not ideal. And I'm trying to not modify the body too much because then I just defeat the purpose of the vtr. I know one of my issues is my knock off Dremel just doesn't have the balls it should, and I may make a trip to the walmart to grab a real Dremel and see if I can grind down some of the unused portions that held the board in and allow me to mount it that way, in the top like I originally had planned.

8. jacovicky

jacovicky New Member

Well it's not lookin good. I may have to scrap the idea of a DNA30. The board itself is just too long to mount anywhere viable, so unless I can figure out how to remove some unused stock by the battery tube to make a channel for the wires, I'm gonna be at a standstill. It's too much to do with a Dremel, and I don't know what other method I could use. It's actually on the interior of the body, so it would have to be able to go into the body and almost fully clear the mod.

9. migeElite

migeElite New Member

Anyone a machinist? Or work with metal stock? I have a question and/or may need your services for a small project. :)

10. kobrakahn

kobrakahn New Member

I was a machinist.

11. lucozade

lucozade New Member

Can you still navigate some metal working equipment? I need to remove some stock inside this vtr and I just have no way/idea on how to do it efficiently without spending days on end with a grinding stone and a Dremel. I'm hoping there is an easier method then that. Lol.

12. yahoo-userx

yahoo-userx New Member

13. tarkanal

tarkanal New Member

Ah well I thought about that, but my problem is, there's quite a bit of space, do they make an extension? Like to make the bit longer? If so I could easily do it with a die grinder. I have 3-4 laying around lol.

14. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

15. merytiet

merytiet New Member

We have an old Bridgeport milling machine at work with a maintenance guy that owes me one (I bought him his starter kit). He's pretty good with it. Pm me if interested. I'm interested in seeing your project work out.

16. ZveroBoY1

ZveroBoY1 New Member

Saw light your the man! Lol. I'm gonna try a diamond bit to drill it out at work, if it fails I'll grab one of those, if that fails, I'll send it to den and see if his maintenance guy can mill it out. Would love to see these come to fruition, but I am also realizing quickly, this isn't gonna be a mod for just anyone who doesn't have the time/ability/machine available. Was hoping it would be a quick swap and play but it's not gonna be, and I have to figure out how to make a new plate for the button as it's a board, so I will be replacing it with a different button. Lol.

17. Tanysha

Tanysha New Member

Yeah, sorry I can't help out more, but I've already got enough irons in the fire that I'm not getting to as it is!

18. BiokDoots

BiokDoots New Member

I feel ya! I have this project, some mod holders, and 2 more DNA mods to build as well as save for a wedding hahaha!

19. hellowhat

hellowhat New Member

One more update, I'm gonna have to fab a button cover as well so I can get the needed clearance for the wires/button housing/ screws to work... Man this just get to be a harder and harder project. I'll persevere though, and maybe someone wi have a better idea on how to do this down the road, or I'll have the only vtr modded for a dna30 board lol!

20. Araedhel

Araedhel New Member

[​IMG]

Just playing with the idea of mounting a plate on the front and housing everything in there. Just a thought, but would be much quicker if I fabricate just one piece then the whole housing and a button switch.

Here's one more idea I have, what do you guys think?

[​IMG]

Any concerns or questions or critiques are welcome. You all are just as creative as I am at this point so I'm open to suggestions! :)