Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Vision Spinner II & Charging Issues

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by jaysetsfire, Nov 10, 2015.

1. hoseluv

hoseluv New Member

I've been recharging mine with the 510 USB charger and battery is working fine and lasting 2 days.

2. addopinto

addopinto New Member

I think it's a spinner 2 problem. I use the fat boy spinners everyday for work and charge them on multi USB plug and they last me a day and a half. Never had a problem with the fatboy. There's been a few complaints concerning v2 and I think as you mentioned, it's to do with the pcb. Not the battery itself.

3. h2forever

h2forever New Member

Yer 1300mah fatboys and 1300mah kanger twists 3.7-4.8V must use a a different PCB. I have 2 1300mah kanger VV's (newer ones) and have been charging them with a standard kanger USB 400mah cable and iPhone 4 wall adaptor. There is no waiting for different colours to charge. i think that is one of the major upgraded PCB implements on the spinner 2's and not to mention its whopping 1600mah battery which could also .comse slower charging problems.

4. Seelialok

Seelialok New Member

Hey Yasmin. Where did you buy yours from?

Jas the problem with the VS2 is not that it charges slowly but instead charging stops before the battery is fully charged. It needs to be reconnected once or even more times for charging to compete.

Sometimes I connect it when it's basically at 20%. 10 minutes later the ego charger turns Green. Have to remove and reconnect it again. Tried all types of chargers and wall adapters but the problem persists.

5. feniounD

feniounD New Member

Sammy..... I got mine from JuiceWhore

6. Carolina Flyboy

Carolina Flyboy New Member

Ok, well what I thought was a 0.5A wall charger turned out to be 1A. So now testing again with a real 0.5A wall charger. Will report back.

7. pleceKall

pleceKall New Member

Vision still states that they are releasing a new charger for Spinner II be.comse the ones we have up to now cannot charge them all the way through at once.

Don't know what to think. What charger did they use when they first made them?

Anyway, they are sending me their "new" chargers by someday next week to solve me the problems. This is what they said. I have 20 spinners sitting there and i am not selling them be.comse of the problems.

We were expecting them for so long and at the end i am very disappointed with them. Except the charging problem, the paint seems to go off very easily.
    I believe, i will discontinue them almost before i even start selling them.

The released new Spinner II with capacity at 850mah. I am not risking it with them for now.

8. yewknowit

yewknowit New Member

Tried the 0.5A charger and it still doesn't seem to charge all the way.

I believe the fasttech ones are not original vision's. Interesting to find out if they have the same problem.

I buy alot if spinners for family and friends. Won't be buying anymore though. From the bad batches I got of the original spinner and now the problems with the 2, I'll be buying elsewhere in future. Vision have shot themselves in the foot.

9. ntouchspa

ntouchspa New Member

So you are saying a 5.2V 1 AMP wall wart is NOT ideal BUT a 5V 1 AMP wall wart is ok? (you pretty much need to keep the Voltage at 5 but the amperage doesn't matter?) Trying to understand this more as I started vaping 3-4 weeks ago and now converted my family and want to prevent any fires! :p I also heard the charging OUTPUT cannot exceed the batteries capacity? Is this true? For instance - 5v 2 amp wall wart charging a 650 mah battery is baddd news as it'd heat up the battery like crazy. A bit confused on this but it kinda sounds right

I know this thread is semi old but I was googling and found this post. Hope It can help those in the future who don't understand electricity as myself! Love from the US

10. kagasi

kagasi New Member

Does anyone know if they've released the charger yet? from Vision... I am impatiently waiting for one!..........

11. mairtinphaddy

mairtinphaddy New Member

I'm not sure. I got a vision spinner 2 off fast tech and am charging it VIA the ego USB charger and it went from orange/red to blue just now with no issues. I think the issues with the vision spinner 2 batteries and the charging was due to the deeper connection. Meaning, you'd need a ego USB charger that has the middle part coming out a bit like in this album imgur: the simple image sharer hope that helps you!

12. Sikorsky S76

Sikorsky S76 New Member

Correct. The charger will only draw what it needs in the way of current, nothing more. There will be a minimum current that is required but no maximum.

You are confusing the power supply with the charging circuit. Do not connect a wall wart directly to a lithium battery. However you are basically correct. The battery will have a "C rate" for charging and discharging. As an example your 650mAh (0.65Ah) battery may be capable of 5C discharge but only 2C charge. This means you should never put a load that will draw more than 5*0.65 = 3.2Amps on the battery. Similarly the charger should be chosen so that it never supplies more than 2*0.65 = 1.3Amps. However the wall wart supplying the charging circuit can have a much higher current rating than this. The charger will limit what is drawn from the wall wart and put into the battery.

13. agelasfrances1952

agelasfrances1952 New Member

Back on topic. A friend bought two 1300mAh Vision spinners and both of them refused to charge. They have been in storage in a discharged state for a few months. I advised him to dispose of them. The battery's self discharge has likely discharged these batteries below a voltage where it is safe to charge them again even if a charger is released for these larger batteries. I gave him a couple of 900mAh Vision Spinner batteries, they work fine on his charger.

14. mlwsnzsyku

mlwsnzsyku New Member

I thought li-ions weren't supposed to self discharge at any great rate?
    I've bought many new 18xxx batteries fine no probs. Left ego type batteries unused and can pick them up and use them fine. Many drills and cordless drivers untouched for a long time and they still work.
    My main PC is a laptop connected to mains power with battery removed, if i insert the battery after months of not using it, it still has a charge at about where I left it at.

I love eneloops and their clones and Li-ion for this reason.
    NiCad and MiH on the other hand self discharge like crazy.

E: yep, just checked my spinner 1300mAh and egos, all still working, not even needing a recharge, let alone dead and failed...

15. royallx

royallx New Member