Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Vision Spinner II & Charging Issues

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by jaysetsfire, Nov 10, 2015.

1. jaysetsfire

jaysetsfire New Member

Hey AVF,
    So I purchased a bunch of Vision Spinner II's for myself, friends & family. Had a great experience right up until I had to charge it. It seems like it just isn't holding charge?

I thought it might just me (chain vaper, lol) but my partner and her friend also said that their battery life for a 1600mah battery doesn't seem to last as long as they think it should.

Bit of background:
    * I charge mine overnight every night (had it for about 2 weeks now)
    * My tanks an Aspire ET BDC, 1.8 Ohm set to no more than 4.3V
    * Partner also says after a full charge, her spinner 2 goes blue (

2. velesytexxday8618

velesytexxday8618 New Member

I don't know if it will help, but from elsewhere in this forum:

I've never used a spinner 2 so didn't even know they made 1600mAh versions (mines an old 1300mAh purchased from an.com vendor and never had any problems and it lasts for a couple of days at least.)

Where did you buy it from? If somewhere like fasttech then it's probably a fake like their ego twists are anyway.

3. Steffen Kummer

Steffen Kummer New Member

i cant really help, but, i suggest you dont let them charge overnight, its not all that safe.

4. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

Vision spinner has good reputation among users
    I agree with that it's most probably a fake one

5. Skid187

Skid187 New Member

Nah brah she's cool ;P It's got a protected PCB board to keep it in check, plus 1600mah takes 5-6 hours to charge anyway. side note; The Kanger USB charger also checks voltage whilst charging (The green flash while charging every second).

I would have agreed and been like "yup! bloody fakes!" but I source everything directly from the manufacturer. I don't use fasttech for that exact reason :) She's a 100% genuine unit. Just found it odd it didn't seem to last as long as I though it may have :/

6. SantinaMadden

SantinaMadden New Member

ALAS!!! My charging issues appear to be cured!
    Weirest bit, its not the USB adapter :/ I was the wall adapter all along!

Heres the profile;

Switching Power Adapter
    Model Number.:WRP06U-050050U
    Input: 100-240V ~ 50/60hz 0.2A max
    Output: 5V 0.5A

*Wall Adapter has a EU/US Plug, used a.com adapter mabob to use an canuk wall socket*

BONUS is that I still RETAINED AND USED my genuine Kangertech USB adapter, profile below;

CHARGER
    Model EVOD USB charger
    Input: DC 5V
    Output DC 4.2V 400mA

Ive used it to fully charge twice now, looks promising. Charges all the way through the coloured LED's without having to unplug the Spinner and re-plug it in multiple times. Charge seems to hold for MUCH longer (White all day long, 2nd day goes blue, haven't hit orange yet!)

The down side: I don't know a shop that stocks these wall adapters tho, I got mine of a Vision Distib. I'm sure it will be easy to find using the above details however. If theres enough EOI I'll buy a heap of them and post them to people (co-op I suppose?)

7. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

and FOCharlie totally agree, not happy about the paint already peeling off the firing button.. grrr..

8. M N

M N New Member

You can use iphone or samsung, lg wall charger they have 1amp rating so you should be able to charge no problems.

vapeon

9. ///

/// New Member

Most people including myself have been using these for ages with all eGo batteries no problem. But it seems that the new vision spinner 2 has issues. Charging stops and the battery needs to be reconnected.

I have yet to test with a 0.5A wall adapter (I do have one though) as rindey has but will post results as soon as I do.

10. Cooller

Cooller New Member

Just a word of .comtion peeps, I'm no expert on this matter BUT please only use chargers that are designed to support the required output (amps/volts, all that jazz aka apple chargers, I'm looking at you!)

I can only assume - an Apple chargers with a 1 amp output, and a battery with a .5 amp input can equal a catastrophe! Charging too fast on lithium batteries can be dangerous!

Stay safe ya'll

11. Mantlegen

Mantlegen New Member

I bought a genuine wall adapter with the genuine EgoT starter kit from VB back in March, is this the kind of adapter your talking about as the one that seems to work?

Haven't yet bought a spinner or fatboy and after this will wait further but would be nice to know if my 420mah ego charger can be used for other batt's too.

12. BiokDoots

BiokDoots New Member

13. snowboarding1236

snowboarding1236 New Member

The 420mah usb adapter is not the problem here I think. It's the wall adapter. It should be a 500mah (0.5A) charger, not an iPhone or Samsung one which are more powerful.

Not sure how this solves the problem. The Vision Spinner 2 uses an ego charger. His will this connect to it?

14. Johnnny

Johnnny New Member

I'll post a photo up tonight. Seems like theres enough interest I might order 20 of the bad boys and peeps can just PayPal me or Pick Up in the Berwick Area. PM me if interested!

15. piranha

piranha New Member

You are correct in that these charger adaptors are not 100% efficient so you will need a wall adaptor capable of supplying greater than 480mA. An 85% efficient charger would require at least 565mA from the wall adaptor.

However you are incorrect when you state that more powerful wall adaptors should not be used. Any wall adapter capable of supplying the minimum current required (at a well regulated 5V) will do. In fact the more powerful wall adaptors may even be better as they will only be operating at a fraction of their allowed load and will not heat up or suffer regulation problems.

Having a more powerful wall adaptor than required will not change the maximum current drawn by these types of chargers.

Source: I am an electronics technician.

16. I love him <3

I love him <3 New Member

Not true. No one connects the wall adaptor directly to a battery. The Apple charger with 1A output (from your example) supplies a charging circuit that will only draw what is required to safely charge the battery.

The only specifications required are a correct regulated DC output voltage (5V for the USB tyes) capable of supplying at least 500mA. A 1Amp or 2Amp 5V plug pack would be fine.

17. Atmey

Atmey New Member

I've been using 1A and 2A chargers for ages on ego batteries and phones that don't require that much power. Never had any problem. I also understand that a more powerful charger will not make it charge quicker, as the adapters or phones circuitry will not allow that.

The issue here is that the Vision Spinner 2 is having problems when charging, and it shows as full long before it's fully charged. So we are trying to troubleshoot the problem. Supposedly using a 0.5A charger would fix this problem.

I tried a 0.5A charger the other day but still it didn't charge all the way and I had to reconnect it. So this solution wasn't valid and the wall adapter itself isn't the issue.

18. Expressyourself

Expressyourself New Member

Would have to agree with everyone on the battery life being disappointing. Where I used to get a full days use out of my ego c twists, I am using both my spinner II's in the same day.

19. qczbbnpsdfmx

qczbbnpsdfmx New Member

For when im out and about i use kanger 1300mah twists, I charge them with s standard kanger usb charger *input: DC 5V, Output: DC 4.2----400mA As to the wall adaptor I just use an apple charger.

I have had no problems at all. Kanger usb charger turns red when i put it on charge and then turns Green when full charged. I guess i dont use the vision spinner 2 so i cant chime in on the charging problems, However the Kanger 1300Mah twist still lasts quite a while, same as the 1300mah vision fatboys.

So are these charging problems due to the really high mah ratting on the spinner 2's? and they new PCB in them e.t.c?

Just skimmed through this thread and saw a couple people saying apple iphone charges are no good for a standard kanger USB changer?? Is this true or is it just purely having problems with the spinner 2's?

20. anedgids

anedgids New Member

using apple or samsung charger with more amps will not damage your batteries as the ego charger would have a voltage regulator built in it.