Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Variable mod assistance

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by prioboms, Nov 25, 2015.

1. prioboms

prioboms New Member

Newbie assistance please :)

Looking at moving to a VV mod and looking at the Wildfire.

I like the idea that I can run it in a shorter mode running only 1 X 18350 battery.

However doing all the reading I'm getting a bit confused

A single 18350 will only put out around 3.7v , so the unit will only go under 3.7v in this config ?

A single 18650 will also only put out 3.7V, so the unti will only go under 3.7v in this config?

2 X 18350 will give 7.4v, so output will go higher and give more flexibility than a single 18650 ?

What resistance carto/clearo/tanks are recommended at the lowest setting and the highest settings ?

Or am I completely missing the point and should just put in an order and stop over analysing ?? :p

2. dickymint

dickymint New Member

No, the wildfire unit goes from 3v to 6v in 0.1v increments.
    A circuit in the electronics boosts the voltage higher than the battery voltage, when you use higher volts.

2x 18350's can not be used in the wildfire. 1.5ohm to 3ohm will work fine on it.

3. pingrainbow

pingrainbow New Member

what Noe said.
    however its ok to take your time and think before pressing the "order now" button.

Simon

4. Doviemo

Doviemo New Member

I'm not 100% sure but I think stacking batteries is more for mechanical mods.
    I use a vv pv and I really like being able to adjust it, specially on my rebuildables becuase it give me a title more room to adjust be.comse my coiling technique is really the best.

5. daleradar

daleradar New Member

My mech mod actually hits harder with a genny on it, using a single 18650, than my LT does. Coil at 2ohms & that first vape in the morning is giving me a lung hit not just a throat hit LOL

6. .:*:.[=TigraBoo =].:*:.

.:*:.[=TigraBoo =].:*:. New Member

ARGHHHHH!! So much to learn !! :)

7. schmanto

schmanto New Member

Stacking batteries is just to give you an 8.4V input source :)
    Mechanical mods can hit "Harder " than other mods , be.comse the voltage is not regulated , you get whatever the battery state is , minus any volt drop across the device ,if there is minimal volt drop across the device you get the full current the coil will allow , not what the PWM or dc-dc converter in an electrical mod allows you with its setting .

8. nersespurses

nersespurses New Member

the common thing with these mods is to either boost to a constant voltage like 6v internally and then turn the output on and off with PWM to regulate. this is simpler than a full switch mode output as less filtering is needed, cheaper dedicated chips,less feedback chippies, slightly more brains but cheaper in parts than the alternative.

i am not sure if this device does that or just boosts to the required output voltage like a provari..i expect the former.