Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Vaporesso Ccell Ceramic Coils safety shit storm....

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by ConekomopaDC, Oct 20, 2015.

1. hotchic_foxy101

hotchic_foxy101 New Member

I'm getting that way I probably need a return address tattooed somewhere in case I wander off.

"Other end up" on the soles of my feet might be handy too.....

2. azam d

azam d New Member

The worse I can think of with MgO sintered matrix is that if for some reason (expansion of heated wire/juice vapour pressure whilst inside the ceramic) force is placed upon the ceramic wick during normal operation. Fair large particles can be inhaled.

Say it's a direct draw as opposed to m2l, pieces of a very hard, inert ceramic lodged in the airways could be a problem. The data inc. shows the wicking ceramic is not hazardous to our biochemistry but needs more SI data on forces it can be subjected to without fracturing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Raven

Raven New Member

Agreed but I would think you would need to be sucking on your device like you are trying suck start a Harley to get a piece of any size in your airways. I dont even dislodge pocket fluff from my diptip unless it protruding. :)

4. Reroslerseria

Reroslerseria New Member

I nominate this for "Post of the Thread" :)

5. b0ypoor001

b0ypoor001 New Member

It's done a complete 180, when I got mine you were "different" for having a meaningful (or not) tattoo, now your different for NOT having one.

6. Cogsscoorge

Cogsscoorge New Member

Maybe in the states (or not)... let's not assume the internet is normal.

The minority is growing, but it's still a vast minority to be inked. (having an ohm symbol or yinyang an your ankle does not count as tattooed)

7. junkyarddogfan

junkyarddogfan New Member

So finally an update on this.

Grimm Green has posted a follow up video ( only 6 mins 54 secs) in which he says the vendor who raised the 'concerns' about the Vaporesso Ceramic coils was VaporShark.

Long story short - testing confirms they are safe to use. (well as safe as any other type of coil that you use to inhale ejuice into your lungs with if you really want to get technical about it I suppose....)

[video=youtube;yOMmStRdqNE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOMmStRdqNE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

8. mediasurfer

mediasurfer New Member

Lucky I stocked up when people thought they were dangerous LOL now they will be even harder to source.

Just on this. Out of all the new tanks that have hit the market, this is the one for Mr XX, as a DTL Vaper they just work for him. One of the tanks is using coils (.9 kanthal 20-23W) that were loaded up on the 14/12/15 and still going strong. According to him........No drop off in flavour or vapour. Granted he is using clear non coil gunking liquids but still, it's impressive.

Thumbs up.

9. Ethiopian ruler

Ethiopian ruler New Member

Grimm Green should have kept quiet until something definitive was discovered. This would have hurt the manufacturer short term. Having said that now I'm looking at getting the set up when I wasn't before.

10. Pam Beasley

Pam Beasley New Member

Yup agree. When I went looking it seemed that everyone held off on selling them. Even HG who were the original promoters of the kit had them in preorder since the launch. The only place I found in stock was Fasttech (dec) and now with Chinese New Year there will be an even longer wait. I have seen them around locally but not the kanthal ones.

11. ashli1394

ashli1394 New Member

I am in no way promoting 'the sky is falling' mentality but I must admit that one thing does strike me as, well.......odd.

Grimm says in his update video that the independent testing conducted did 25 puffs at 30 second intervals on some doo dad machine. Ok, but I'm assuming that would have been on a new coil yeah?

And they're testing apparently for ceramic particulates coming off the coil onto a filter and they found none. Cool, great.

But wouldn't you think for it to be conclusive, and perhaps 'realistic', that they would have tested the coil for maybe 1000 puffs or 2,000 puffs or even more. I'm fairly confident that no one will be changing their coil after 25 puffs. If the original concern they raised across the Vaping world was that the cermaic in these coils could break down then wouldn't the older the ceramic in the coil gets from use would be when there would be a higher probability of any ceramic particulates being found on their filters?

Again, the disclaimer I put on my comments and that I want to stress, is that I don't have a problem with these coils and I'll continue to use them, but testing them for 25 puffs only on an assumingly new coil to provide an 'all's good' test result so that Grimm and VaporShark can now do a quick back flip from their irresponsible scaremongering.......yeah right.

Here's a link to the test results document

https://www.docdroid.net/hftSRNe/1215-592.pdf.html

12. HeyRay

HeyRay New Member

25 puffs only is NOT enough.

Especially with vapers who are on a tight budget and try to get a month out of one coil.

I'd like to see all coils tested tbh.

13. Pauline

Pauline New Member

Hmmm,

PBusardo has posted an email he got from VaporShark about this which is interesting to say the least. I'll leave you all to make up your own minds and your own interpretations of it.

It's the second post down in this link: http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/wordpress/

14. neo9693

neo9693 New Member

What I make of it , is the interwebs very rarely gets it right ;) but just enough to make you think it is :)

15. OliverKel

OliverKel New Member

Tl:DR

STILL BETTER THAN SMOKING