Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Vaping story, Batteries question

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by Lemot, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Lemot

Lemot New Member

Hi All, since I started vaping 6 month ago (Evod and EGO battery) and lots of $$$ later my vaping gear is growing and at the same time is getting more advanced and sophisticated

With my basic kit I was vaping unflavoured NIC for 4 months and I have to admit I wasn't impressed be.comse it didn't make me stop smoking.

About 2 months ago I ordered flavours from VE, Steamers and iStick with Silo tank and the inevitable happened. I did not have a single cigarette since and that's permanent (smoker for 40 years)

As I stopped smoking I went shopping crazy, I was buying shinies everyday on the basis : buy first - learn later . Does anyone do this or it's just me?

Thanks to this wonderful forum and it's members for what happend to me in just 6 months. As a noob I have questions and will have in the future.

Mod batteries, does anyone keep them half charged in the fridge when not in use for a longer time ?

Built in batteries, I have few EGO's as a backup, 3 iSticks, 3 MVP2, 3 eGrips. How to prolong life of these batteries? If rotation is the answer, no problem with the EGO's, iSticks and MVP's, just changing tanks.

I love my eGrips, suit my work, pocket friendly, intend to buy more for rainy days. How to take care of those ? Batteries in mind.

The built in tanks make rotation difficult for me when changing juice from menthol to non-menthol and I don't want to use all eGrips at once. Can I keep them new in the box, if so for how long?

It supposed to be a short thread. SORRY

Thanks Everyone. Love to read your threads.

Greco

2. Randy F

Randy F New Member

First of all Greco congratulations on getting off the darts you`ve done well mate.
    Dont worry about the shineyitis its a good thing. It just means vaping is becoming a hobby and your less likely to relapse as you become more involved.
    I keep my batteries fully charged and either in my work bag or in battery boxes in front of me and never have a problem Im in the process of changing some of my batteries out at the moment that are getting a bit long in the tooth but they are all around two years old and a bit knocked around.
    EGO`s MVP`s I cant help you with as I dont have any but Im sure someone will be along to help out there. The isticks have only just come out recently so its a bit hard to tell how they will stand up but the two I have are going fine living in my shirt pocket at work.

3. dukorider

dukorider New Member

Thanks miner, thinking I'm in for good,

appreciate your input

4. Raspe

Raspe New Member

Yes welcome Greco and congratulations from me too.

Yes it is completely normal to buy your shinies and learn later. How else are you going to learn if you don't try?

I too usually keep my batteries fully charged and on rotation although the rotation is not always evenly spread. When I buy new batteries I label them with the purchase date and after about 18 months I look at replacing them or earlier if they develop battery sag.

5. siviniumma

siviniumma New Member

Thanks Hellfire,

I think that regular mod batteries will always be available and cheaper to replace than the built in, like iSticks, eGrips and cost more to replace if not cared properly.

6. Mimiideap

Mimiideap New Member

Hi Greco and welcome ,i too have been a smoker for around 40 years i havent quite kicked them yet but certainly cut down masavley , i have been on a cig like thing now for a while but have recently gone to an e pipe which i find is great , its a basic and easy to fill and use no electricery involved havent got into this buying thing yet but i am sure i will ,have recently purchased some gear from overseas and will be waiting for it to get here ,bought some vanilla carts the other day and never again ,the guy i go to here has got some good gear mech mods ect but ill wait for a while i enjoy my pipe at the moment .