Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Vaping In Hospitals?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by OhioTom76, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    There should be a section for smokers, my local hospital is also a smoke free zone and you can really see the difference it has made. The entrance is cleaner and you don't have to walk through a big cloud of smoke in order to walk in, but you can see that smokers are a lot more edge then they used to be and will walk out of the hospital premises in order to satisfy their craving.
    Pity they don't vape, they could just go to an are that wouldn't draw to much attention to them selves and vape instead.

2. divinemaredi

divinemaredi Member

Device:
    eGo-type
    Juice:
    PG
    :tearsofjoy: That is hilarious! Wow, I suppose the room mate is a strong vaping fan!...I reckon she probably knew that it is not allowed, so the audacity of still whipping out a Vaping stick surely comes from the fact that she loves vaping way too much!

But really though, can you crave vaping so much so that you'd want to do it in a hospital? It is either that, or that person just wanted to get his/her mind off something
    #Talk About Problems

:smile::sweatsmile: Thanks for the gag!

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    While most hospitals do have smoke free and no smoking policies, outside of the actual buildings themselves they can't be enforced.

Inside it's illegal to smoke, outside its down to that company or health institutions policy and not written in law.

4. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    OMG, that's really crazy and so goddamn wrong. I guess they could have been expelled from the facility or fined for smoking in public places. Do you have fines such like these?

5. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    Were I come from they can but there is something that work far worse, and that is social pressure. It's impossible to have a cop everywhere there is a no smoking zone but if the general public doesn't accept someone smoking, it can have a much stronger impact then if there was a cop there. Funnily enough I don't know of anyone that has ever been find for smoking in a non-smoking area.

6. ShawnG

ShawnG New Member

Device:
    iTaste SVD 2.0
    Juice:
    G-Men
    I've done security in hospitals before. The policy was always that employees including security personnel could not use anything related to smoking, vaping included. However, I've seen patients permitted to vape, even in the ICU area. The reasoning was mainly because the patient was a smoker and would attempt to leave the facility to have a cigarette and the medical personnel obviously didn't want that so they allows electronic cigarette use in the facility. It blew my mind, especially in the ICU area. But I'd rather see them vaping there than trying to walk outside and away from the property while they are in pain and weak.

7. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    That's why I'm a big defender of smoking and rooms. If people want to smoke they will try anything including walking out of the hospital just to scratch the itch.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    It's hard to expel them from the area when sometimes they was the actual patients! As for the fines, there wasn't any in place because the no smoking policy was just the hospitals which was owned by a private trust. There wasn't an actual law to say they couldn't smoke there.

If you light a cigarette in a restaurant then if you refuse to put it out, it's against the law so the police could be called to deal with you, with the hospital though that wasn't the case. It wasn't an actual criminal offence to smoke there, so people ignored the signs and did anyway because they know they can't be forced to stop.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    Smoking areas are something what I agree with aswell. Like I mentioned before, I also used to work in an hospital, and when it was made completely no smoking, we'd find patients smoking in toilets, in stairwells, all over the place.

Sometimes we'd even have to send out a nurse or health care assistant to go outside with the patient because they was adamant they was having a cigarette, but it was too risky for them to go out alone.

10. knitmehere

knitmehere Member

Device:
    Vaped Nano
    Juice:
    Unicorn Milk
    That is a funny story, but I'm glad that vaping is not allowed in hospitals. Any extra type of fumes can set off different reactions in patients. Hospitals have to be extra clean, especially in terms of the air quality.

11. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    yeah, it's definitely irresponsible to vape around sick people in hospitals. There may be people with compromised immune systems and others that are extremely sensitive to any type of smoke. She must of really needed a puff to try that in a hospital.

12. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I always found that it was the older generation should we call them, that were the worst. Ask a person not to smoke or vape that was in their teens, all the way up to say their late 50's and more often than not they would stop.

It's the pensioners and the older people that usually refused and carried on. It was as if they wouldn't be told what to do and when by somebody thats younger than them, and once I even got told I should show more respect to my elders and not try to order them around!

I just responded with that they should show some respect to the sick people, and they ought to know better at their age.

13. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    Yeah, they are the toughest ones to deal with. They, unfortunately, tend to use their age as an excuse or an argument. That's annoying.

pwarbi likes this.
  14. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    I think that if people are in this sort of situation they should be aloud to smoke. It's no use putting patents under more stress then what they already are. This is also a perfect time to give them extra information on how to quit smoking.

15. tskier01123

tskier01123 Member

Device:
    iTaste MVP with Nautilus Mini Tank
    Juice:
    Vaporleaf - Fire & Ice (Cinnamon / Menthol)
    Obnoxious Vaper's are the worst. I try to be real low key about it but, the battery I'm using now is HUGE. With the tank it looks like a comically sized c4 detonator. To be honest, I'm embarrassed to be seen in public with it. I feel like people are looking at me being like, "Oh look at him, doesn't he think he's so cool!"

I want to be like, "Nope, not cool! Just trying not to kill myself with my addiction is all!"

Anyway, I try to be polite about it and don't vape in public places even though generally I can. But a hospital? Sheesh!

16. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    In an hospital though, there's plenty patients, staff and visitors that don't smoke though, so we have to take them into consideration aswell.

I was a member of staff and I was also a smoker. I knew that when my shift was over I could go home and have a cigarette, the patients couldn't do that, that's why I was in favour of the smoking rooms. If people wanted to smoke, then at least they had a place to go.

17. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    In the particular case of hospitals I don't agree that vaping is allowed. I mean, seems harmless, but sick people are very sensitive and we should not risk anything.

18. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    I agree that's why there should be a sealed room ( when I talk about sealed rooms I mean with automatic glass doors) and adequate ventilation to cater for smokers but protect non-smokers from second hand smoke.

19. Okaviator

Okaviator Member

Device:
    Joyetech
    Juice:
    Lemon
    This is so sad, I see this happen almost every time I go past a hospital. It just shows how addictive cigarettes can be.

20. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    This is the society we live in nowadays, however those mothers won't be so affected by just walking through a cloud of smoke, also lots of pregnant women never cease to smoke, and the kids still turn out to be healthy (I am a case myself). If the state would ban that strictly from hospitals and give out fees (at least make special chambers, ventilated) maybe people would also behave better.

pwarbi likes this.