Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Vaping as an ex-smoker

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by Chris_A, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Chris_A

Chris_A Member

Device:
    Aspyre
    Juice:
    Custom
    What were you first experiences when starting vaping as an ex-smoker? Did you adjust to vaping fast? Did it take you a lot of time? Did you find vaping to be totally different from smoking?

2. Iconoclast85

Iconoclast85 New Member

Device:
    MVP
    Juice:
    Lemon
    I adapted immediately. No issues at all. Didn't crave tobacco whatsoever - nicotine is nicotine, and the taste was preferable, so I don't understand why people still want to smoke cigarettes after switching.

3. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Device:
    Joyetech Ego One
    Juice:
    Atmos watermelon
    Really easy as well. Loved the nicotine in the tanks and I was vaping happily as I knew that it would be a lot safer than smoking due to all the risks and diseases that smoking contains and can lead to.

4. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Device:
    Laptop
    Juice:
    Apple
    I did not adapt to it that fast, and I kind of went on a bit of a roller coaster ride when it came to my feelings about it and my use. It all ended up good though, so that is all that matters I guess. I am glad for everyone that has made that switch to and went to more healthier choice, that is certainly good for everyone. It just takes some time, like most things.

5. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    It's definitely easier to adjust to vaping than to quit smoking. It took me about 3-4 days to fully adjust to it, after that the only thing I missed was the smell of my matches being lighten (I always lighted by cigarettes with matches sticks). However, if you find the right device, you'll almost feel no difference, just pay a lot of time when choosing the device and the resistance.

6. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    i have found the same thing but I still do have the odd cigarette, but by no means as often as I did when I started. I plan on stopping smoking completely very soon.

7. knitmehere

knitmehere Member

Device:
    Vaped Nano
    Juice:
    Unicorn Milk
    It took my sister awhile to adjust to it. She wasn't use to having something pulled into her lungs that way, and it actually made her sick for awhile.

8. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    As far as I'm concerned, I've become an ex-smoker almost right after I gave vaping a try. It was super cool, so I completely forgot about the first thing. And damn, I'm so glad things happened this particular way.

9. rajesh

rajesh Member

Device:
    MODs
    Juice:
    Gorilla Juice
    I used to smoke a lot. Once, my friend told me about vaping. I gave it a try and when I started vaping, the beautiful sensation was as strong as smoking. So, I thought that the effect of vaping in our was same as that of smoking. I did a lot of research and found that vaping is actually safer than smoking. I was impressed by this fact and after that I left cigar.

10. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    It was a very smooth transition. I would say it took me a few weeks to get used to it, but after that, it was the easiest, most comfortable approach to getting off the sticks I can think of

11. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    Just take it step by step, I guess that for some a gradual change may work as well, just try to exchange one cigarette for the e-cigarette every day, if you started with 10 cigarettes in the first day, second day smoke 9 and when it is time for the 10th just vape.

Stopcigarettes likes this.
  12. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    I haven't done that, I reduced quit a bit when I started but will have a cigarette only when I'm with friends. I don't smoke everyday so it is a plus, all I have to do is stop smoking when I'm with friends.

13. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    Then just do it, replace it with vaping, it'll be hard today and it'll still be hard after a month or year, so you could as well do it today. Decide you're never going to put your mouth on a cigarette again. It's easy as that, all you have to do is decide as then stick to that decision you've made.

Stopcigarettes likes this.
  14. dblanch

dblanch Member

Device:
    Eiffel T1
    Juice:
    Eros
    I was able to quit smoking almost immediately after switching over. Perhaps I'm just fortunate, or maybe I just wasn't smoking for the same reasons that other people do it.

15. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    Your right people to often put things of because of a little initial discomfort but end up gaining in the long run. I think if you keep your eye on the final result it will be much easier.

16. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    Yes, keeping your eyes on the prize, that's pretty much how is done, a temporal discomfort for a continuous comfort somewhere in the future, that's the definition of a temporal sacrifice which is what a smoker does. However, sadly, nowadays they don't see it that way and most of them just say "nah, enjoy life, it's short" without realizing they would enjoy it more without them cigarettes.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  17. Chris_A

Chris_A Member

Device:
    Aspyre
    Juice:
    Custom
    Cool to see that most people here did not really have any issues switching over to vaping. Maybe in the future, many more people will give vaping a shot and give up smoking.

18. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    I have heard this comment many times before but I would prefer to enjoy a long life instead of a short one because you want to smoke. It doesn't make sense when you have vaping that won't be as bad for you and does the same thing.

19. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    I adjusted pretty quickly to vaping. I really didn't miss the cigarettes, especially the cigarette odors and bad taste in my mouth. As long as I got the nicotine, I was alright.

20. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    To add to all of this, I have never met anyone that has had a significant problem with switching over outside of the first couple of weeks. With that said, I have yet to meet someone that had a problem with slowly cutting down smoking and increasing the amount of time that they vape, for whatever that is worth.