Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Unflavoured E-juice & Nicotine Strength & Mixing?

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by EgorKa, Dec 12, 2015.

1. EgorKa

EgorKa New Member

Hey all,

I'm brand new to vaping and am about to make an order from healthcabin, I want to buy some premixed juices and while I'm at it am going to buy some nic juice so that I can potentially add it to any flavours I get locally (when i mix my own).

The thing is there's so many variables. Like nicotine strength, VG/PG mix etc. Could anyone recommend a good 'general' starting point? I was looking at the 30ml one here. But what PG/VG mix should i start with? Is 50/50 a good place to start? (I did buy some VG from the chemist yesterday - so should I get a PG heavy mix so I can balance it out?) and also what nicotine strength?

I am a very light smoker, I only ever smoke on weekends when I go out & drink (and i'll smoke a fair bit then). But I don't have a single cigarette through the week days.

I was looking at getting a 30ml vial for starters here - 30ml HC Unflavored E-liquid [Z8 HC Unflavored 30ml] - $6.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

2. Shinkack

Shinkack New Member

Sounds like a good plan to get PG juice to mix with your VG. For example if you go 36mg plain PG juice and mix up some 12mg ejuice you would use 3ml of 36mg PG and 7 mls of VG plus flavour to give you a mix of 10 mls of 12mg juice with an approx ratio of 70%VG to 30PG. That is the sort of ratio I personally like but if you find it too muted you can substitute some plain PG (Vapeking good supplier) for the VG. For example add 3.5 mls of PG and 3.5 mls of VG to the base nicotine 3mls PG will get you approx 33%VG to 67% PG. Slightly less vapour but more flavour. I say approx be.comse you will also be adding a small percentage of flavour to the PG/VG mix which will probably be PG based.

If you buy premixes I would not get much higher than 12mg and you can always cut the mg down with some plain VG or PG. You will lose some flavour but not a lot.

If you find 12mg too strong as you are such a light smoker you can half the base nicotine in the above receipe to 1.5mls and add extra VG and/or PG plus flavour to make up the 10 mls. This will give you 6mg juice.

Looking at how much you smoke and are smoke free in the week, I think you might be better sticking with nic free VG and PG and eventually give up smoking and vaping.

3. stiloso

stiloso New Member

Since you are a light smoker, I'd say get the 100% PG base 36mg nic.
    Also while you are at HC get some pure PG, in the DIY section & some 30ml mixing bottles.
    Then check out their Flavor concentrates & with the VG you already have you will have all you need to mix your own flavors & juice.
    80/20 PG/VG is going to give you enough vapor & with what you will be ordering you could go as high as 50/50 PG/VG easily if you wanted to, anything over that amount of VG is going to create more fog but start killing the flavor a lot too.
    Some like more VG but most like flavor :)

Alternatively, instead of just getting pg based 36mg nic, grab 1 x 30 ml 36mg 100% PG base & 1 x 30 ml 36mg 100% VG base nic juices That way you are covered if you feel you want to go higher on the VG & can mix the PG & VG nic to get any ratio up to 90% VG.

4. bluemoonmemory

bluemoonmemory New Member

Get your nico juice as close to 70/30 pg/vg as you can, then get your doublers 70/30 too, then when you mix you will end up with 70/30 juice, thats a good place to start :)

5. MSK Qmz

MSK Qmz New Member

Hi I'm also new to the vaping, but I can tell you what I know :)

I'm keeping things simple since I'm still new.

VapingMad have juices that are 80% PG or VG. For a sweeter mix, mix 80% VG doubler with 100% PG unflavoured nicotine from healthcabin using a 1:1 ratio.
    So to make 10ml, mix 5ml VG doubler with 5ml PG unflavoured nicotine. You will end up with 60% PG and 40% VG.

For a less sweeter mix but more vapor, mix 80% PG doubler instead of VG with 100% VG unflavoured nicotine instead of PG using the same ratio. You will end up more 40% PG and 60% VG.

That's all I know :D

6. Milly

Milly New Member

Good start, it usually takes people several goes at it (or they use an on-line calculator) to get that far :)