Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Tube mod build questions

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by astyrrian, May 25, 2015.

1. Kenneth!

Kenneth! Guest

No not looking for a button. The washer im looking for is not part of the mechanical switch design. Its more just for the tube aesthetics. If you try to put a flat washer on a curved tube the ends of the washer doesnt conform to the tube . I need a washer that the female shape of the tube curve. Think of laying a rod perpendicular to the tube. Im thinking a may be able to make one with a large diameter ball nose endmill or contour bit.

I found this picture. This is basically what im looking for . See the beveled washer under the plunger. That one the guy grinded out by hand but i know iv seen actual washers made like that.
    [​IMG]

2. Jez

Jez Guest

3. LexiL

LexiL Guest

I am a bit late, but decided to put in my 2 cents.
    I would prefer a side button, and a regulated mod.
    Now make it so it is a telescope mod PERFECT.
    I also have adapters for 901 and 801 so a 510 top would suffice.

4. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

5. threewishes

threewishes Guest

here is what I am thinking,

How about you start a mod line that is full custom to the user.

It all starts with your tube, by the way that looks sharp but i would like to see a MM or two more thickness to make it easier to grip and twist the caps.

Then they go down the line All mechanical or elctronic

then they pick the button mechnical - GG or BB - I would love the see a GG top mounted button as well, pinky is nice but let get creative here

then if mechanical then you have a selection of buttons.

Then maybe a drop in regulator/booster for those that want it

finish it up with s 510/901/801 cap and then you could go hybrid with a genesis on right then in the line or come back later.

After a version change or two then you could incorporate some of that bad ass powder coating you shown in you ruckus thread.

then you could be known as Str8s Juice bar and buffet!

6. Cloudeater

Cloudeater Guest

I like dejuf's brass switch on his copper too! Wow those washers you found sure are pretty and pretty spendy too. Like the tube you got going there! Using your new lathe? Look forward to seeing what you do!

7. rgsx

rgsx Guest

STR8 I made these switches which I really like on some of my mods

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. lstout

lstout Guest

Oh yeah I just remembered you will find more result and cheaper prices if you google Saddle Washer.

9. KILLACAL

KILLACAL Guest

In other words, make a quality, USA made, GG-style that's not gona cost a house payment and the vaping world will throw money at you forever. :D

j/k, sorta.

Cus I'd like one.

10. cmspotts

cmspotts Guest

Good ideas . I am going to keep this one all mechanical though. I do have plans for another tube mod that will be electronic and possibly a DNA2.0 tube mod when its released.

I would like to do a mechanical switch similar to the GG at the top portion of the tube ( sorta like the provari button location) I will have to keep the button isolated if i do this though to keep it from being a positive polarized body.

11. thanks bud .Thats what i was looking for. I may just make them myself though. It shouldnt be too hard to mill them.

12. SoggySoap.

SoggySoap. Guest

actually I have a design that you could keep small 3 piece switch and intergrate into a center pin and positive post terminal.

13. no

no Guest

So ya going share that with us?:)

14. i would need to draw it up but i think i will wait to see if str8 wants to lathe one out.

15. SVT

SVT Guest

Hey Papa let me know and I will make it too

16. brittmullins

brittmullins Guest

OK gimme a day or two to draw it up, I said three piece but it is more of a three section switch, can you turn plastic/delryn?

17. ghaunted

ghaunted Guest

Yup I can turn it. Sounds great I will be checking here in a couple days.
    Thanks Papa!!!

18. Nautilus

Nautilus Guest

Yup im interested . I can turn and mill delrin and already have some delrin stock on hand. I think you may be thinking of what i had in mind. My idea was the insulated switch going into a delrin inner tube piece . The delrin inner tube piece make connection from connector to battery and switch makes contact in between. Hard to explain/

19. Ammy

Ammy Guest

That's what I was thinkin

20. chitti

chitti Guest

Yep you got me.

I was also thinking that this piece could be the center post in the atty connector and then secured on the opposite end (positive battery terminal) in a delrin disc that is secured to the tube for rigidity.

I will try to draw this up with my rudimentary drawing skills this weekend.