Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

To all Sigelei Mod Owners ( What is the best # MOD SIGELEI makes)or made?

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by kAsiaHodgesw, Jun 27, 2015.

1. kAsiaHodgesw

kAsiaHodgesw New Member

I am considering purchasing a Sigelei Mech Mod.
    And I was wondering what the owners.
    Of the Sigelei Mech Mods thought was the best sigelei made ?
    Thanks
    Term

2. RibWense

RibWense New Member

I like the zmax and the tmax. Both use the same chip. I also have a telescoping sigelei bottom button and its OK but the vv/vw z and T max are badass and work great. It just depends on your preferences really.

3. Uttelmhet

Uttelmhet New Member

Thank you for your reply.

4. Gregg

Gregg New Member

You don't say if you are looking for a mechanical or not.
    I use mechanical mods almost exclusively and have recently purchased 2 Sigelei mechanical mods.
    I can recommend the #8 it works & looks very good.
    I do NOT recommend the #20 as although it looks very nice the switch on mine is faulty due to the switch design. I will not use this mod without a ShortStop or another fuse and plan to mod the switch.

5. josehuy

josehuy New Member

Yes I am looking for mech sigelei you say #8 whats a fair price for it .

Thanks
    Term

6. June Dafina May

June Dafina May New Member

Care to elaborate Doggin? I've had my eye on one, realize the original hot spring was bad, wasn't aware of a bad switch though. Can it be modded?

7. trumthudam

trumthudam New Member

I'm not sure what the going price is. I purchased my Sigelei Mod #8 for $33.99 but this was a special pre-order price.

8. RickSJSW

RickSJSW New Member

Do you know of any others vapors who own siegili mech mods?
    And what they think of them?

9. IHOR

IHOR New Member

I actually tested the voltage drop on my #20 with the original spring and a Silver Bullet spring and the voltage drop was identical.

The #20 is a "clone" of the Roller. I happen to also own a Roller and the switch on the #20 does not come anywhere close to the quality and functionality of the Roller's switch.

The button on the #20 rotates freely and does not lock into position correctly. You can have it set to on and when you try to fire it the button has rotated to an off position.

There have been a few reports of hard failures of the #20 as well.

I don't trust the #20 switch and hope anyone that uses one does so with a Shortstop or another fuse in the mod.

My plan is to replace the switch with a spare roller switch which I have on hand, I believe but am not 100% certain that it will fit and work.

10. SoSeiru

SoSeiru New Member

I have the #8 , #13 , and #19 . My favorite is the #8 . It doesn't telescope, but works well out of the box. The only things I had to do was tighten the firing pin onto the firing button and I put a small washer on the firing pin to decrease the throw. #13 a is the same as the #8 , but telescopes. Do not get a #13 b with the plastic switch housing. Originally designed so you can put the button on top or at the bottom, the switch and negative post design is terrible. #13 a has the same switch as the #8 . #19 along with the #8 are my everyday PV's. For the #19 , I put an oring under the spring to decrease the throw. I like all 3 very much, enough so that I still have them and haven't sold them in the classifieds.

11. mulder0

mulder0 New Member

i am with you on the z max and t max just got the t max yesterday its real heavy if you ask me needs a rougher finish on it the finish is slick but could use a textured finish or a wrap to make it less slippery...

12. nestar

nestar New Member

What do you think about the Smoketech Natural?
    And what do you think about the Sigelei #8 ?
    Which one is better?

13. millypeed my choccie Lab

millypeed my choccie Lab New Member

Like just about everything vaping related mod preferences can vary among vapers. I used my Natural for a very brief time and sold it knowing I would use it very little. The Natural is a nice mod just not one I enjoyed using.

I have a Sigelei #8 which I like and use on a daily basis.

14. darl

darl New Member

I'll preface this entire post by saying I'm only about two months into my mech usage (well over a year of vaping though) so my expertise level in terms of device options is limited. I own their #8 and #20 .

I do like the #8 as a well built device for the $35 it costs. I haven't done much modding on it except for using a steel bore brush for a 12ga shotgun on the top tube. It comes powder coated so my kick wasn't getting a good ground. Yes, I know... kicks in a mech are defeating the purpose. But when I use commercial stuff like carto tanks, ProTank, or Vivi (before I rebuild them) I'll kick them. But I digress... the switch does have a long throw, so I'll probably fix that soon. I did tighten the pin on the switch to avoid the problems I had with the CCTS falling apart.

I'm actually a bit disappointed seeing the comments here about how poorly reviewed the #20 is. I actually really like this one. It could hit a bit harder, but I've not had any problems with it working yet. I'd love to have a regular Roller, but aside from purchasing it from Atmizoo directly I'm not sure where to get one. I got it off a co-op about two weeks ago and it's been my standard carry vape since.

15. Reba

Reba New Member

[MENTION=9716]PbW[/MENTION] a lot of mechanical mod owners use a Kick in them. I use a Kick in my CCTS most of the time. The Kick gives mechanical mod users a way to adjust the volts and amps to deliver the user set watts level so that mechanical mod users get the same vaping experience from the first vape through the point that the battery needs to be changed. I would probably use the Kick in more of my mods if I could use an 18650 battery rather than an 18500. If it weren't for mechanical mods there would be no purpose for the Kick.

I am very happy to hear you are enjoying your Sigelei 20. I really think it is a nice looking mod.

16. ciipckz3l

ciipckz3l New Member

Never really considered using it in my rebuilds... chasing clouds and all that nonsense. I'll have to try that and see if it does give that start to finish consistent vape.

I wish more manufacturers (and it may just be these clone shops instead of the "original" designs) would take kicks into account. The CCTS I got from SteamMonkey had threading in the extension tube I had to use to kick it. Needed to solder-fill the threads to get a ground. And these Sigelei mods all seem to be powder coated. It's not hard to bore them out, but just a hassle.

17. saleem

saleem New Member

When the CCTS was first released the extension for a Kick was not available so maybe Sigelei will produce some extensions for their mods in the future. I was able to use the Kick in my CCTS with no modifications by adjusting the tube so that the spring from the Kick contacted the unthreaded area of the extension.

18. ------ -

I bought the # 20 and it scared me I was putting it into the drawer of shame when a member here said he would buy it and mod it so that's what I did and Bought a Purple Kamry 101.

19. NobodyRoxas

NobodyRoxas New Member

I know [MENTION=2082]Doggin[/MENTION] prefers the switch on the Segelei. I have a Natural and it's okay. The switch is pretty big and the spring on it is stiff. If you want to use a kick with it, you have to get 18490 batteries. You'll get about 2 hours before you have to change them.

20. |anonymous|

|anonymous| New Member

To use a kick in the Sigelei 8 you would need to use the 18490 batteries as well.