Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Thinking of buying Apolla VTube Stainless steel as first mod, good idea?

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by AsH!, May 6, 2015.

1. Actually UNIQ also makes them as well!

2. Torean

Torean Guest

I have head 2 SS Vtubes now and they have all been solid SS as far as I can tell. Maybe they were talking about the chrome? I don't know but Apollo says they are solid SS not chrome plated like most of the others out there claiming to be SS. They said they are the only place in the world that sells the solid SS. How true that is I am not sure but I believe mine are solid SS. The only think plastic on them is the up/down voltage and power button. Even the fire button is SS on the standard. For some reason the mini I had the fire button was painted plastic though. i WOULD LOVE TO READ THE THREAD YOU WERE REFERRING TOO. mAYBE THEY ARE MAKING THEM PLASTIC NOW OR SOMETHING?Sorry caps locks on. I thought some Lavatubes were made by Unique or something like that and Young jung or something like that. LOL Can't remember the names exactly and don't feel like looking it up but I thought I read there were various manufacturers? I don't know, but I really like my SS Vtube and for the price you really can't go wrong. Even the plastic capped black ones I had were great and for only $52.50 for an entire kit including 2 batteries, charger, zippered case,and everything else I was very happy with them. If you can't afford a Provari they are a great cheap alternative.

EDIT: Just saw Freddie's post, That was it, Uniq.

3. Uniq makes them and were the ones that had the most issues.

4. krazek

krazek Guest

I have the regular and mini from apollo in stainless and the body is all stainless but the top and bottom caps may or may not be. I took a picture with the flash on and the top caps have a darkish look to them and I was told that is what can tell you that it is not stainless. not sure if it is true but that is what I was told.

5. BLOB

BLOB Guest

I did not know that. I will have to take a closer look. Did it take a while for it to start looking darker or was it from the day you got it?

6. sngularity

sngularity Guest

the color change is only in the picture taken with flash.

7. SandiC

SandiC Guest

Thats what i was referring to that a bunch of people said on the other forum. Just want to make sure he gets the one with real SS caps.

8. hotmale

hotmale Guest

Anyone knows what battery's are best and recommended for this device?

9. shadowprime

shadowprime Guest

Unclear which size you bought and how hard it is to get things over there.
    I think there is a new law about shipping batts overseas that might make things harder for you.
    This is the best and what I and many others are using for our full size tube.
    CGR18650CH Panasonic 18650 Li-Mn-Li-ion CGR18650CH High Drain 10A Rechargeable IMR Hybrid Battery Cell
    Panasonic CGR18650CH-2250mah IMR High Drains. You want the flat top version for your VTube.
    http://vape.to/forum/battery-tests-reviews/8826-panasonic-cgr18650ch-high-drains.html
    http://vape.to/forum/battery-tests-reviews/8378-anyone-ever-tried-panasonic-18650s.html

If they are unavailable to you in your area then a flat top 18650 AW IMR will work fine. That is what will come in your kit. I think they are 1600mah from Apollo.

If you bought the mini version then no Panasonic is available in the 18350 size yet, so you may as well stick with what Apollo sells.
    18350 Rechargeable Battery

Regardless of what size tube you ordered keep this in mind.
    Button tops will not fit well(if at all) in your mod. Always get the flat tops.

10. BertH

BertH Guest

11. sdouble

sdouble Guest

YES it is and ABSOLUTELY the BEST CHOICE in battery for your VTube! The PANASONIC CGR186650CH IMR Hybrids are the BEST in the 18650 class HANDS DOWN PERIOD!

12. Are those even better than the AW's? I always hear everyone always talking about AW's like they are the best but I really don't know. To be honest I can't tell the difference between my Aw's and the batteries that came from Apollo. The ones they sent with my Vtube work great and seem to last just as long as my AW's.

13. lilvamp

lilvamp Guest

YES they are HANDS DOWN the BEST and the CREAM OF THE CROP! :D

14. GeekGirl

GeekGirl Guest

Don't think they ship to my country => "We currently ship to USA,CANADA, & FRANCE"

I'm in Belgium

15. Jeje!

Jeje! Guest

OH! I am so SORRY! By ALL means purchase it then! :D

16. JudyW

JudyW Guest

I recently purchased a Apollo VV tube. I am happy with it so far. I think the plastic caps are cheap. However, I plan to use a shorty 510/510 connector to save the threads. I have used dual coils 1.5 and it seems to work great. However, I prefer other cartos such as the ce3 and I love the IKV cannon 2.5. I am getting 2 days of vaping use out of the batteries. (Stock batts)

So far I am pleased with it for the price. However, I am leary of long term usage.

17. Alansrevenge

Alansrevenge Guest

You cant go wrong with AW or Panasonics. They are very equal in there own way.It would be nitpicking to really say any are better then the other
    .These are the only two cells i would use

[​IMG]

18. Jess:

Jess: Guest

Are these battery's unprotected, isn't that dangerous in a lavatube?

19. norcaljohnny

norcaljohnny Guest

Both the Panasonics and the AWs are IMRs. They aren't protected in the sense that they actually have a protection circuit. They are safe chemistry and will not explode. So, they are fine.