Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

The Smoktech VMax

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by RiddleLover, May 14, 2015.

1. GunDream

GunDream Guest

With variable wattage ,, voltage become irrelevant, because you set the wattage with a 1.7 carto,,,unscrew the carto slap a 4 ohm carto on the vape be the same, the problem was when I told smoketech how to develop this was the dual coil threw a wrench it to the mix, so we had menu option 7 switch from wattage to voltage, menu system just like the vmax,,, yes BTW I was the one that named it ZMAX, since Z last letter of alphabet be last mod you'll ever need.

2. Except that the vape won't be the same, because of many different characteristics of the different cartos other than just resistance. So the user is going to wanna fine tune the wattage for each carto. That's the same as adjusting the voltage for each carto.

It is a nice concept. I hope it comes out to be an accurate and consistent implementation. :)

3. gohankyo

gohankyo Guest

So if it is VW, then why would you need the VV? My understanding is as you explained, but confused where the VV comes into play if it is irrelevant!! If you change the voltage it would also change the wattage, wouldn't it?

4. Oohbaby

Oohbaby Guest

keep me up on this if you decide to do a coop or just let me know where it will be available for retail I am looking for a VW mod that goes higher than the kick at its 10 watt limit

5. Howdy Neighbor! Corpus Christi in the house!

6. ClemensI

ClemensI Guest

Okay I have 3 Vmaxs but none with a shiny blue light, so that should justify my buying the Zmax

7. cheerxleader

cheerxleader Guest

Any pics of the ZMax?? Or will it look the same, just do different things??

8. ElMagnificoS

ElMagnificoS Guest

I would like to see a photo as well. :)

9. shadowman

shadowman Guest

Ya more info and pictures please

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

10. timc

timc Guest

Have been using an ego 1000 mah with 1.5 DC Mega cartos for about a month. Just got a Vmax today with boge style xl carto in a 6ml tank. Feels like I have just tasted my juice for the first time today. Spent lots of time reading forums, watching reviews etc..., but actually using one just blows the other stuff away.

As I've said before I don't post much, but I'm always around keeping up on what's going on.

Thanks to everyone here for all the great information that's available.

11. [MENTION=7281]BlueSnake[/MENTION] thanks so much for posting your first impression of the VMax. It's always fun hearing what other vapers think of a product, you may have just helped out the person sitting on the fence over a VMax purchase. :)

12. leigh

leigh Guest

I am waiting for the Vmax V3 to hit the US and then I am all over it !

13. Aubry

Aubry Guest

Where the heck is Freddie?????:alien: u can't just come in here and dangle a piece of steak in front of a bunch of hungry tigers then just vanish.....lol :)

My apologies Freddie, just saw the thread about your daughter after I posted this. The thread can wait for your return. Always family first :)

14. VelvetRose

VelvetRose Guest

He has a very sick daughter that has been taking all of his time.

15. wizkid

wizkid Guest

ZMAX WILL BE AVAILABLE AUGUST 22ND ACCORDING TO MY SMOKETECH REP. So expect to see them around the first of the month, I'll be get one of the prototypes in the next day or 2, but here's some pics he sent me:

View attachment 4444 View attachment 4445

16. Any idea on pricing?

17. SandyF

SandyF Guest

A price would be nice... but what are going to be the feature differences between the ZMAX and the VMAX? Is it just simply cosmetic differences or will it actually improve upon the VMAX?

18. kkasrt

kkasrt Guest

Earlier it was said that the new ZMAX will do Variable Wattage as well as VV. I hope that's true, not sure what other differences there are.

19. AprilH

AprilH Guest

From Freddie's post ^^^^ it looks like it will be variable watts and variable volts.

20. Unencumbered by any actual knowledge...

SYS1.RUMORLIB (and Freddie) says: Single 18650, PW step down regulator, with primary control being setting of Watts (like Darwin) but with a back up mode of setting by voltage (Provari). So likely requires an IMR / CGR type battery.

This would make it quite a bit different from a electronics view.

PS: Personally, I doubt you'll see 5A out of a step-down regulator in a tube of this size but who knows.