Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

The Myth of "The Best Mod" [draft]

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by Peargohag, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Peargohag

Peargohag New Member

One of the most frequently asked questions, generating lots of threads on vaping forums is "What is the best mod and attie?"

Up until very recently, these threads would always yield 2 main viewpoints: those being the mechanical reo, and the variable voltage provari.

The truth is there is no right or wrong answer. As with anything it largely comes down to personal taste. That being said, in terms of longevity, both the provari and reo are time proven performers.

More recently, with the advent of the DNA30 board, variable wattage mods such as the hana modz get thrown in the works.

The best advice anyone can give, is to decide for yourself the qualities you want in your vape, and look for the most appropriate mod and topper to achieve that.

Some recommended questions to ask yourself before investing in a high calibre mod:

-Do you sub ohm, or intend to?
    -Do you prefer box style, or tube style mods?
    -Do you like to drip?
    -Do you like the flavour and vapour of dripping, but not the process?
    -Are you into rebuilding, or are you looking to get the most out of a trusty carto tank/clearo?
    -Do you have a firm grasp on ohms, volts, watts, and amps?
    -How much maintenance are you willing to do on your mod?

Once you have these questions answered for yourself, you will be much better equipped to make the call between one of the major players, or maybe a unique/handcrafted mod.

In terms of toppers, again it is preference. Some of the same questions apply:

-Do you sub ohm, or intend to?
    -Do you like to drip?
    -Do you prefer the convenience of a tank?
    -Do you want dual coils for a warmer, fuller vape?
    -Do you use either very high VG or very high PG juice?
    -Do you like a tight, or loose, airy draw?

It is worth noting that the most expensive mod is not always the best. Something like a Vamo or Innokin MVP keep many vapers perfectly satisfied. Some of the mechanical clones perform just as well as the original, and sometimes the best questions to ask yourself for a mechanical device are about materials and the trade off between conductivity and maintenance levels [as metals like copper are high conductivity but high maintenance, stainless is low maintenance but may have voltage drop]

2. Stan

Stan New Member

this is to attempt to help [MENTION=12093]Sawlight[/MENTION] with the noob section, but i can't start threads in there

can people suggest edits? [or just tell me it's crap and not to bother]

3. Royaloutt

Royaloutt New Member

I think it's great for new folks, and definitely helps keep the provari/reo debate to a minimum

4. bubblegum36291

bubblegum36291 New Member

It's looking great so far Dan! Thanks for the help. Let me know when you are ready and we will move it for you.

5. best005

best005 New Member

I think you need to add in mods such as the Vamo, and perhaps some of the cheaper mech mods, because people that are starting to vape will not always have the money for the more expensive mods, such as the provari or reo. I know there are hundreds of mods around and to include all of them is unrealistic, but I also think that for newbies on a budget, something like the Vamo is a great way to start. I still love my Vamos, and have little interest in moving on from them.

6. norScooky

norScooky New Member

it had occurred to me, i'll try to work it in later when i wake up more

7. 90210

90210 New Member

updated [added a self reflective question of maintenance levels and the bottom para about vamo/mvp/clone mechs