Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Stepping down Nic Levels

Discussion in 'New Vapers Forum' started by TheMadMan, Sep 15, 2015.

1. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I think your probably right to be honest and people will rather just cut down on the amount of actual vaping they do than start to mess with their levels.

I've only been vaping for a couple of months myself and the first starter kit I got you couldn't regulate it yourself, so I too wasn't aware you even could on other models up until a few weeks ago.

2. GamerLady

GamerLady Member

Device:
    Kanger Subox Mini, Tesla Two Submod
    Juice:
    I think that this discussion is overlooking the psychological addiction to smoking. It's not just about the nicotine for everyone. Some of you may view vaping solely as nicotine replacement; however, others (like me) vape for the nicotine and to replace the oral fixation aspect of smoking, to have something to do with their hands, to relieve stress, to help them focus, as a tool to socialize, etc...

That's why some people decrease their nicotine levels, rather than decrease how often they vape. I own that my addiction is pretty complex; after 30 years of smoking on and off, it's not surprising.

By the way, it is more common in my area for vapors to cut back on the levels of nicotine in their ejuice than to consciously reduce how often they vape. Given that most people in my area first lit up when they were 8, the habit is pretty ingrained.

3. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    Yes, it isn't exactly the same as smoking, the fact that you don't have a end when you vape like in cigarettes, also creates confusion. So people will take small puffs from their vape more often. I found myself doing this. So you don't really know if you are cutting down or in the same place as you were before.

pwarbi likes this.
  4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    That's also something that I found extremely difficult to come to terms with aswell when I first started vaping, you don't actually have an end!

For the first couple of days at least it was if it was constantly in my mouth, and instead of vaping at the usual times I would have a cigarette, I was vaping practically morning, noon and night until I started to slowly get used to the fact that it wasn't burning down!

Stopcigarettes likes this.
  5. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    I was aware that there would be a period of adaptation, but it's one thing reading about it, it's another thing going through it. It's not that it's bad or that you feel bad it just creates a bit of confusion.

pwarbi likes this.
  6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I also knew it would take a bit of getting used to but I think that's why a lot of people might give up on their first couple of try's.

With a bit...ok, for me it was a lot of perseverance then eventually you get used to it and you'll be glad you did.

7. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    Always step back if it is a possibility for you in this domain, however I've found over the time that every time I tried to step back on nicotine levels I would've only ended up smoking more, so do not fall into that trap as I did. However, I've seen lots of smokers who smokes very lightly cigarettes after years and years of smoking, I'm thinking that their lungs simply won't allow the more.

8. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Yeah, I know some people go cold turkey but that just was not for me. I had too much to do and WAY too many detox/withdrawal symptoms. I went cold turkey after a certain point, but now it's not an addiction and more of recreation so I just have nicotine here and there since I'm in control of it. I could go a week without it no problem, no symptoms, already have on a small trip.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    Even if you don't manage to cut back on the nicotine levels right away when you start vaping, your not harming yourself as much as you would be if you carried on smoking cigarettes anyway, so that's one way to look at it.

Different people will find cutting back easier than others, that's just the way of the world and certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

10. divinemaredi

divinemaredi Member

Device:
    eGo-type
    Juice:
    PG
    Yeah, I suppose as time moves along, your body will know what's the ideal thing to do...But a majority of vapers love that nicotine hit and helps them to keep vaping