Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Stainless steel wicks for beginners: help needed

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by tester1974, Dec 24, 2015.

1. fedia

fedia New Member

Stove works fine for me.

2. DonssaibGaiff

DonssaibGaiff New Member

Something like this would probably suffice though not everyone even uses gas torches:
    REFILLABLE BUTANE JET LIGHTER HIGH QUALITY BIG TANK SAFETY CAP.comTO | eBay

Check out the cheap shops as they usually have them.

The only thing is you would have to keep the flame moving evenly so you don't weaken spots on the mesh.

Creme Brulee chef torches are being used too by some as they have a wider flame, which essentially is what you want rather than a jet.Still just another thing to get good at though, waving the flame evenly.
    Practice,practice,practice :)

This is where I'm lucky I still have my gear from work as the Turbo Torch is designed to wrap the flame around pipes.I have heads for my unit for soldering 5/16th" copper up to 2 1/18th".

3. Rosalie

Rosalie New Member

I think your better off using the gas stove be.comse using a blow torch you run the risk of over heating your wick which will make it brittle and also release bad chemicals.
    remember your only heating it to oxidize it you don't meet to heat it too much.

4. kurto74

kurto74 New Member

Not only that, a brulee torch can go up to 1050 C degrees or so.

Big difference in them. Any chinese shop sells them for about $16 - they come with a bottle of butane too.

These ones are true flame throwers.

[​IMG]

Makes a great molotov aswell :)

5. b52

b52 New Member

Aye but it's all about technique ;-)

Honestly if I didn't have the experience with what I use or have one, I'd have gone for the gas stove or just juice burn as many swear by it with no probs....but I'd do it like 6 times lol

6. coolcoolguy

coolcoolguy New Member

Another scotch mate? LOL

Fish?...meet to heat?

7. Rixqueese

Rixqueese New Member

This guy seemed to insist on getting it red hot and quenching it.... 3 times.

[video=youtube;8BOfsyqnpjM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BOfsyqnpjM[/video]

So that is not necessary? Sorry about the incessant questions but I really appreciate the feedback I get here.

8. Mountain Man

Mountain Man New Member

Haha, sorry Mushy but no scotch for me it was.comto complete :)
    At least I know you read what I wrote.

9. Smart girl

Smart girl New Member

10. okbec

okbec New Member

The mind skips over mis-spelt words (sort of like a mental.comto-correct). I had a paragraph somewhere where all the words were chronically mis-spelt, but it was still easily readable.

11. injekly

injekly New Member

That's the standard. I dip once immediately, second heat I let it cool a little then dip, third time I let it cool naturally.

12. Keymnhepe

Keymnhepe New Member

Yep that would be good,was just looking at a starter that Dalmas might be able to pick up cheap locally.It would be doable with one of those small ones so long as you wave the flame like spray-painting.

13. Bungalow Bill

Bungalow Bill New Member

14. ArletteMorton

ArletteMorton New Member

I picked up a small, butane refillable torch from Mitre10 ... brand name "Red Devil" for $10

15. JWR

JWR New Member

I've seen those at Bunnings. I'll grab one some time this week when I get the chance to try this again. Got too much on at the moment to try this out again in the next couple of days.

16. Tracer

Tracer New Member

I like the fact that one wrong word and I'm an instant drunk :)
    I will have to check everything I write from now on so that people think I am sober :)

17. Nikki C

Nikki C New Member

Ive got a big blue plumbers burner thingy. Cheap and big bottle has lasted me 4 months already. I found I was using too much butane in the little ones.
    I quickly heat the open mesh, both sides, Roll it. Glow the top half a little and the very bottom where I cut it and do about 6 juice burns. I then pulse the coil a bit and then have a look with a longer burn. I seem to get hot spots when it is too loose at the top nut.
    I am probably wrong, but any coil will short if you give it enough power for the resistance. Keep the power as low as possible to give a good vape.

Most of the coils are pretty easy, but every now and again the vape god punishes me and I give up screaming and go to the Penny or Ody. I hate those days (not the ceramic wick and wire, the Gennys)

18. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Member

Device:
    iTaste MVP 2.0 iClear 30
    Juice:
    Snake oil from Seduce Juice, pear/coconut/cream
    I'vе hеаrd pеоplе rаving аbоut it bесаusе it puts mоrе surfасе аrеа оf thе wirе аgаinst thе wiсk, prоduсing mоrе vаpоr. I'vе gоt sоmеоn оrdеr, gоnnа sее fоr mysеlf!