Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Sort of newbie here, confused and overwhelmed! Cloud Chaser!

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by IsonoPaW, Dec 31, 2015.

1. IsonoPaW

IsonoPaW New Member

Hey all, great to be here!

I've been vaping for the better part of last year, but since my vape broke I've resorted back to the analogs. And since I've been away from the vape so much has changed! Now I'm completely overwhelmed and confused!

So bit of a back story, I had the Vapor Zeus from Vapor4Life, and was mixing my own juices (80%VG/20% distilled water), and it didn't go down so well with the Zeus. I really don't like PG based liquids be.comse I hate that tightness feeling in my chest that it gives me. I'm also not a huge fan of the flavours, mainly be.comse I think i get sick of the flavour smoking it every day. Maybe it's be.comse I haven't found any good flavours either (If anyone wants to link me to some good canuk 100% VG liquids that would be great!) I don't mind spending the extra money for a decent quality juice. I really didn't like the 'smileomizer' the Vapor Zeus uses and I guess it put me off the whole thing. The battery ended up falling out and the wires snapped and all sorts of problems, so I'm definitely staying away from the Zeus now!

I'm looking into the Aspire Platinum Kit with Atlantis SubOhm Tank and CF SubOhm Battery (Aspire Platinum Kit - Vape Street canada). Needless to say I love big clouds. Now this whole SubOhm thing has me a bit confused. Can I still smoke mouth to throat, or is it more aimed at direct lung inhales? Will I be able to smoke 100% VG (or close to) juices with this? Upon looking into the Atlantis SubOhm, I read the holes are big in the cartomizer which will be good for the thicker juices yeah?

If anyone could recommend a similar vape in terms of price and quality that gives big clouds, that would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Dommy

2. Melilya

Melilya New Member

If you can build I'd go for the Lemo2, Goblin or ... the vape is better than the premade coils and will take high VG better
    I like VW mods with Yihi chips
    With Juice I mix my own and have found dropping the percentages down make them a bit easier to tank or drip
    And if your changing flavours premade coils dont like it and you often have to change coils every time you change
    Sorry no links Google is what I use

3. delux3

delux3 New Member

Hey Dommy, if you are in Perth I'd be happy to let you try my Atlantis subby? It's not a bad peice of kit, but I have trouble with MTL on it, I think it's designed for more direct draws, but if you almost completely cover the air hole, it should be sound.
    Thats the only Sub Ohmer I've used and the clouds are pretty big, flavour is good, works well on the istick 50 @ around 35w.

4. hotchic_foxy101

hotchic_foxy101 New Member

Thanks for the info Aschzzz, I'll check them out.

Sombra thanks for the offer mate, but I live up in the Far North. So this setup is no good for MTL hey?
    I'm pretty sure I read that the Zeus is for direct draws too, but I always used it MTL.

5. vkbbhuliwhzs

vkbbhuliwhzs New Member

I'm heading home for lunch (the b.comty of your office being around 5 minutes from home) so I'll throw the atlantis on my istick and give it a go, see what the MTL is like. I'm pretty sure ive only direct to lung'ed it so far, thats how I normally vape.
    I'll get back to you after 1pm (WST)

EDIT: I'll also use the .comtilus Mini as I've got them loaded with the same juice (Jameson's Amelia 6mg) and compare, as I get awesome clouds out of the NMini at between 12w and 15w and be.comse of the reduced airflow, it goes really well MTL.
    Results to follow

6. wmai0zzmyuf

wmai0zzmyuf New Member

As promised, just got back from lunch and was tooting away on both the Mini and the Atlantis.
    The mini is definitely better for MTL, even on the widest airflow setting, and it's my recommendation based on my fairly limited experience, simply be.comse it gives you the freedom to MTL or direct draw, while maintaining a good flavour and cloud level.
    The Atlantis gives off a bit more vapour, but to me it seems less dense than the Mini, but that may be my technique rather than the equipment itself. Slightly more concentrated flavour too. You can indeed MTL it, by going to the smallest airhole and even moreso by using a narrower drip tip than the stock one, which is fairly wide bore, and it performs quite well, but is still a fairly open draw. I even tried half covering the smallest airhole and using a narrow tip and that would be the closest to the mini, just with a bit more flavour, but at that level, you may as well go with the .comtilus tbh.
    Hope this helps a bit, YMMV but thats my findings. Worst case, you buy one, try it out, dont like it, sell it on the classifieds and try a different one, there's heaps of sub ohm tanks out there now, the Atlantis just happens to be the only one I've tried thus far.
    Good luck on your search buddy.