Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Recycled Zipo

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by scroobieha, Oct 25, 2015.

1. iopi

iopi New Member

Good to hear. :)
    I'm still .comghing.

2. acapppa

acapppa New Member

wouldn't the top be all floppy or have you managed to keep the insert as well..

c'mon, show us the insides, i promise I won't .comgh, one thing i ain't is a purist.

how cool would it be if you popped the top open and that hid the atty and turned it on !

3. annabilan

annabilan New Member

Believe me I gave it a lot of thought, but there is no way to keep even a cut down insert. The height of the batteries prohibit jt. I have to make a catch to keep the lid tightly closed but need to figure out a way to mount the latch. Main issue is lack of space. Stainless steel is a bastard to solder to without the correct gear. No pictures of the inside until its tidied up. I do have some pride. (Not much)

4. cta-music.com

cta-music.com New Member

One question Stoney

Have you ever pulled one of the new lithium 9 volt rechargeable batteries apart?? Are they the same construction as the old alkaline with aaaa size cells inside??

5. urgelsCer

urgelsCer New Member

not even seen a rechargeable 9v lithium, not looked either.. but I will now.
    the old 9v batterys needed 6 cells to get the 9v, not all had 6 cylindrical either, some where 6 rectangular and stacked.
    its probable the new ones maybe 3 x 3.2v Cells, no idea what shape though.
    I do have some flat 9v lithium primary cells here left over from a job last week, i will rip one to bits and take a peek.

6. Flanilar

Flanilar New Member

14250 would be the cell size, 3 cylindrical cells laying across each other bottom to top.
    measured with calipers .. 14mm dia and 25mm long
    View attachment 1934

7. skisrurse

skisrurse New Member

Thanks for that Stoney

I might look around for a phone battery that will slip into the case and leave some room for the rest of the stuff.

8. Bernie R

Bernie R New Member

These are the batteries, but dont know anything about them, discharge rate etc??

9. pnshrdd

pnshrdd New Member

looks like they're pretty light on from a few data sheets I can find
    http://www.google.com.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=cp9v&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gmbattery.com%2FDatasheet%2FCP%2FCP9V.pdf&ei=sDZ-T-acBYOdiAfZ-qWTDg&usg=AFQjCNG9G04V7FPbMgTuhTCqg_XTTHGxOw

Max. pulse current (mA) 800

could be something here worth looking at as they're often used for RC cars/planes etc (maybe check some RC hobby shops for some 7.2v packs)
    Lithium Polymer Batteries,polymer batteries,LIPo batteries,battery packs

nice idea ;)

10. hotslk

hotslk New Member

D1git, thanks for that. Certainly food for thought. Need to find a supplier that will do a couple at a time. MOQ from the manufacturer is rather high!!!

11. contac

contac New Member

Who's gonna be the first to make a BIC mod? I think I've got about 15 sitting around ha!

12. Sheena25W

Sheena25W New Member

13. thedude

thedude New Member

14. portuga

portuga New Member

Thanks D1git

Certainly lots to look at on that link. I have just realised that the answer is closer to home. Just removed the battery on my Skype Phone and its almost there!!! Cant use this one as Its my land line replacement, but it points in the direction to look.

15. LowerIndor

LowerIndor New Member

cool,
    just be careful to check the specs
    volts and mah are important, but max pulse current or peak discharge will help prevent melting things or major battery failure.
    remember you're likely to want to pull a couple of Amps and purely electronic devices seldom need that kind of grunt but batteries that drive motors are designed for this kind of output

16. lhlhzdlbbi

lhlhzdlbbi New Member

17. prokerbin

prokerbin New Member

Hi johnpencraig

Hey thanks for that. No never came across it. Actually mine is in the things to finish box. Sorta moved on to other thing. One of my less redeeming features is that I have the attention span of a squashed frog!!!

I will certainly have a browse, as mine didn't actually get a lot of thought. Just a proof of concept more than anything. Maybe worth another look.