Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Rebuildable Tank Atomizers (FRTA,Squiggle)

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by Pink Floyd Fun, Oct 20, 2015.

1. katsura kotonoha

katsura kotonoha New Member

2. ruston

ruston New Member

FWIW it's not "copper is a good conductor" that is the issue here. Silver isn't used for it's conductive abilities but for it's anti-corrosive/oxidation properties making it considerably safer than copper. Copper is just a poor choice for electrodes in this application. Copper, heat, electricity and eliquid is a bad combo when you are inhaling the vapor produced. I guess you could scrub them and clean them everyday Copper wire is dirt cheap though, silver wire sure isn't.

3. pasyaervzf

pasyaervzf New Member

They are looking good Otream :0)
    I'm looking forward to having a crack on them.
    I've ordered so much stuff last week. I ordered a krimson Kustoms 18650 vv box mod ($94.comD) cos the rava tube dies in power quality to quickly, I've ordered a black vv ego passthrough for the mrs (only cost $22.comD postage included) from the health cabin and the repairable atomizer.
    These two weeks coming are going to be like x-mas.

4. Ari

Ari New Member

Been stuck on "Received and ready for processing MNL CMEC EMS" for a couple of days now. I was hoping to have it by the weekend to have a fiddle. Next week hopefully.

5. doris s

doris s New Member

philo post must be building the plane to fly it over *joke*

6. yvej2rjerrq

yvej2rjerrq New Member

Ok I've got it and have played around with it for a couple of days. It works quite well and flavour is really good. My vv mods don't like it but the silver bullet and the lava tube work quite well. I will be interested in trying it with my Krimson Kustoms varicool mod rated at 10 amps when he finally decides to build and ship my mod (been waiting two weeks now). All in all I think that it's worth the price and it does the job. It likes to eat juice but I don't really care too much about that. I have gone back to dripping as that is what I enjoy doing.I will update when I get my new vv mod that can handle a LR type atty. Maybe I just need some tougher wire but I can't be bothered messing around finding the best prices on wire etc. Good to have a play with and learn. I'm almosst inspired enough to have a crack at building my own dripping atty... then again.

7. JalpsoffLop

JalpsoffLop New Member

Ok last review on the FRTA was a bit lazy as I was pissed on tequila last night. At first I was disappointed with it as it didn't work how I wanted it to. I have had a fiddle around with it today and now I am loving it.

Here are my tips on how to get the FRTA cranking.

1. THE MESH: Roll the mesh up super tight and oxidise whole thing with a blue flame. Do it three times dunking in water each time. Do the same process with a red flame. Cut on a 45 degree angle on the bottom. Try to shove it in the hole, trim it back a bit if necessary. You want the wick to be on even par with the top post or a tiny bit taller. The wick should be about ¾ down in the tank allowing the syringe to go down through the wick and to touch the bottom.
    2. THE COIL: From the very bottom of the small post tie off wire. Rap it around the coil about nine or ten times, keeping the coil fairly close. Fill your tank and prime the crap out of your wick. At this stage I was going to give up as my vv box mod from mad vapes was going stupid be.comse I forgot to prime the wick.
    3. BLUE FOAM: Yes after a while the wick got dry the coil would go red and give me the a shitty taste. Remember when it was super trendy to have blue foam in your carts as dripping is so evil >:) Well I had some in the old odds and ends draw that I had bought from ecigs-sa. The pre cut squares were the perfect size. After some trial and error I worked out something awesome. I hooked each side to each silver wire post making sure it was touching the wick and wire. So now I have blue foam on the wick on one side. The side with the air hole I left alone as it allowed air flow direct to the wick. Prime the wick and the foam. Crank up to 4.5v and it works like a charm. Well give a little time to work the flavour into the wick and foam.

I hope this helps some people out who don't want to get or could not justify buying a line.

8. DavidKoch3

DavidKoch3 New Member

Does anyone have a spare they would like to sell?

9. emeboacle

emeboacle New Member

I'll see if I can find mine and get back to you

Sent from my personal mind control implant.

10. hgcpoker

hgcpoker New Member

Sorry to ressurect an old thread.

I'm just curious about how long it took everyone to receive their Merto Atty's when they came direct from the man himself in the Phillipines?
    I've read the whole thread and look at peoples posting dates, and as far as I can tell they arrived in 10-12 days.
    I've been waiting about 17 days now for mine to arrive to Perth.
    I'm just hoping mine isn't lost, was this an usual expectancy time for some?

11. JUSMI

JUSMI New Member

Well I got mine Friday and I've been playing with it a bit. It's a real bitch to fill as the juice just come back up out of the wick. I tried piercing through the silicon with a syringe and filling that way but I still had the same problem. Tried multiple needles to allow air to escape but still no luck.

Apart from that, I've got it working great now. It's a real juice guzzler but I run 6/7 turns making a 2.8 Ohm (at the moment coil) and run it at 4.8V. Very good vapour production but not so great flavour.

I noticed a lot of people had trouble with airflow. He seems to have fixed that now and just uses a small hole. I actually had to widen it out with a metal grinder tip on my dremel. I think my initial disappointment with it was be.comse the hole was so small it was giving optimal airflow for better air production.

The manufacturing of it isn't the best, wobbles around a bit, isn't centered and doesn't look so great but it does vape really well. :)

12. BlackMex13

BlackMex13 New Member

i would suggest that..why not some canuk make some rebuildable atty... from there, instead of buying os why not buy canuk MADE. i would buy it if someone will build it...

13. lydia

lydia New Member

I'll buy one too.

14. toadit

toadit New Member

I've been thinking the same thing.
    I have a couple of rough ideas, the thing is, although I can get by with a few tools, I don't really own many. Even if I did have the right tools, I wouldn't be able to machine it anywhere near to the quality and finish I would like. Afterall, I'm not a boiler maker or a metal worker.
    So, I'll just have to leave it to someone else. :)
    I agree though, I wish an canadan would make one. There's got to be someone out there who is more than capable of making a rebuildable!

15. banglasjnr9397

banglasjnr9397 New Member

My old man used to run a foundry until he recently shut it down due to lack of trade. I went to the.comction for moral support. I arrived just after the smallest lathe (perfect for a home workshop) went under the hammer :( It went pretty cheap too as it wasn't CNC.

16. XYZ

XYZ New Member

17. trsdgv

trsdgv New Member

Yeah I've watched that video. :) Naturally, the homemade is never as good as one that was built for the sole purpose of being a rebuildable. The FRTA seems to use the giantomizer, a more solid tank and a bit of silver wire. That's about it really.