Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Rebuildable Tank Atomizers (FRTA,Squiggle)

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by Pink Floyd Fun, Oct 20, 2015.

1. answer man

answer man New Member

no, it has to be oxidised, or the heater will short out wherever it contacts the mesh.
    I did notice that the PG oxidising I did was nowhere near as dark as the first canola oil job, still darker than merts pics tho .. interesting point unless its just taken under very good light.
    you can have one short to the mesh, you will not see anything different, but 2 shorts and the area of wire between them will not have any current through it. also not really an issue if the 2 shorts are close together as most of the wire is still forced to be used.
    one other thing I learnt is not to wind the heater too close to the top of the mesh.

2. Ice_Nova

Ice_Nova New Member

Hey Stoney,

Do you find the draw far too airy? I closed up the hole with tape and poked a small needle through the tape to tighten it's draw.

3. Insiny16

Insiny16 New Member

i rekon it needs a second vent/hole in the white filler,mine wont wick.if i prime it first i get two good flavoursome hits and the third is burnt.agree mb its airy.

4. hatayizmir

hatayizmir New Member

I got mine today and whipped up a wick and coil.

It is nowhere near the build of the Line as you would expect.

Copper posts a bit disconcerting.
    Draw is really airy, something that I am not really liking so may use some tape or maybe it is something that you get used to.
    The wick hole is a bit small I think.
    But no fill hole is f-ing stupid and a big fail.

But I have gotten good flavour and heaps of vapour. I partially occluded the hole with my finger and it was a better hit.

The no fill hole is the real deficit on this. But for the price it is a good intro to Genisis tank atties.

If you like the vape on this, I really think you will love the Line.

RC

5. Accucky

Accucky New Member

Got mine running at 3 ohms approx. at first it was a bit off putting being airy but now I have gotten the wick nice and wet it's not as good as an i06 but it will satisfy me while driving and other times when not wanting to drip. Flavor is coming through nicely now. Better than an ego t lol

6. riddick3580

riddick3580 New Member

i dont actually mind the draw, what I found is that I am going through 3 times my normal amount of juice when I use it, its a bit too cold for me actually.

7. GassarceWag

GassarceWag New Member

The draw on mine was way too airy, basically i was inhaling fresh air and then the vapour was seeping out through the hole when i was done.

The wick hole on mine was tiny, had to cut my wick in half basically to get it through. As I said I only tried it for 5 minutes, in that time the flavour had yet to come through on mine at all. I forgot it at work so I cant revisit it till Monday.

8. gaskLoork

gaskLoork New Member

Yep, Mad.
    The thing needs work.
    Pretty cheap and a nuisance, but it is ok

The Line has been worked on and tested by the maker and discerning users and it works b.comtifully and is made that way as well.

Well I think so, but will keep on using this for awhile. I am glad I got it even for just the experience.

RC

9. Amy O

Amy O New Member

man i wish there was away to get my hands on "The Line" lol

10. ilresidiverte

ilresidiverte New Member

The Line is a culmination of work by a guy called Van who lives in Croatia. He has made Genisis mods for awhile, this, the Line is his best so far.

It will be available again, you just have to wait and possibly pay more. It is a great atty but it is Genisis and you have to be able to handle the fact that it is different from what has come before.

It is worth the paradigm shift in my opinion as I now am in charge of the quality of my atties, but it is not for everyone I would imagine.
    RC

11. xwewrgg0b

xwewrgg0b New Member

My draw seems better now after 5 fills in 12 hours. Shit that is a bit of juice as I am also using my Line and 2 other atties and filling those as well is putting a lot of liquid a day through them all.

On about 10 to 12 ml today, maybe more but I don't want to think about it, yet.

RC

12. bullit1977

bullit1977 New Member

How about the Squiggle? The Line is well engineered and tested and "straight". This one is a bit wonky.

13. tanotheal

tanotheal New Member

I think I have a squiggle coming soon. I'm glad that everyone will have the kinks worked out when I get mine so I will have a good user base to solve all my vaping woes when I start using it.

-s

14. floatsam

floatsam New Member

Draw airy again today, must have been a bit of gunk in the hole last night. I will try some tape next.

RC

15. thatwasme

thatwasme New Member

i rekon the drip tip lets in air as well as the air hole.if you stove pipe it,the draws quite good.tried a couple of different tips but still airy.i reamed out the wick hole with a 2.5mm bit and its wicking well,also lets you use an 18 .comge needle to fill .comse the wick can be that bit bigger.

16. cutiee:)

cutiee:) New Member

I was thinking about reaming the wick hole.
    I put a piece of metalic tape with a smaller hole and it is much better.

I put a huge SS Ming DT on also, that thing couldn't leak I don't think.

RC

17. ??ShiningStar??

??ShiningStar?? New Member

*Observes the guinea pigs*

*Makes note*

18. rUpCfZkGbX

rUpCfZkGbX New Member

19. Swtf

Swtf New Member

Well my third coil is going strong. Happily vaping away with minimal issues and quite enjoying the taste. In the words of James Maynard Keenan, I have found some kind of temporary sanity

20. maxni81

maxni81 New Member

I'm not convinced yet, going to try a mix of mesh and wick next, I think I want a little thermal insulation from the mesh to allow the heater a bit more freedom. I suspect it will make it vape just like a normal carto then. That sort of eliminates it as a useful device though.