Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

RCR123A Dead?

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by kaitlyn[hollywood], Apr 4, 2015.

1. Ok this is wierd, got my chuck yesterday. I vaped lightly on two 900mah RCR123A 3.0Vs for about 8 hrs. I took them out and put them on the charger, while taking a new set and vaped on those heavy for about 4 hours. Each time the batteries were on the charger for about 3 hrs or untll they turned green. I repeated this cycle and now tonight I have one of those 4 that is not working at all. With swaping them 2 at a time, how did just one of them stop working? They are all brand new Tenergy 900mAh RCR123A 3.0V

2. luvinBstar

luvinBstar Guest

Hmmm, do I have something similar with my SD. One battery went dead, and won't charge. Then is started leadking. My SD only takes on batery. I rotate the batteries every 2 or 3 hours, recharging the ones I take out. I bought 6 batteries 2 weeks ago and one is already dead and leaking. And these are suppoesed to the be protected ones. Hmmm Anyone have any Ideas?

3. misswaygoodu

misswaygoodu Guest

what atty are you using? except the leaking from the second poster the other batteries might still be good. Im having some issues with mine also and found out it is not the batteries but the 510 attys. did you try any other type of atty on the so called "dead" batteries?

4. robbie_civic

robbie_civic Guest

It's strange, got it working again. Charged it by itself, no idea why it wouldn't charge before.

5. CoaCoa

CoaCoa Guest

If you aren't already, unplug the charger, put the batteries in the charger, plug the charger back in. I've noticed strange things happen if I just slap the batteries into the charger when it's already plugged in. Either the lights on the charger start flashing or the lights just stay green and it doesn't charge at all. If I unplug it first and then put the batteries in, it works every time.

6. dkx

dkx Guest

That is true. If you read the operating instructions for the synergy RCR123ALiFePO4 batteries + charger, it tells you to: (1) "insert the battery(s) into the battery compartment(s) with correct direction of polarity"; and (2) connect the adapter to the charger and switch on the power". Since there is no power switch on the charger, I assume that to mean that you have to insert the batteries into the charger, then plug in the power supply. There has to be some sort of practical reason for those instructions. That is, if you reverse the procedure, it may damage the batteries. At least, that is what I gleaned from the instructions.