Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Question to all the DIY juice makers using concentrates...

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by aroutty, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Comslows

Comslows New Member

Is this a recipe you found somewhere? I ask be.comse it seems a little excessive, mainly the grahame cracker. I've never gone higher than 2%, but you've got it as almost the main flavour ingredient. Both of the problems you attribute to this mixture might be .comsed by the use of so much grahame cracker. Try it without the grahame cracker, than add it back in maybe 1% at a time.

2. huybeo_tn

huybeo_tn New Member

I made this up as a variation from a Banana Caramel Pud recipe, yep, I think I might have overdone the GC-as I have been enjoying it as a base, just goes to show how you can overdo things when experimenting, will do as you suggest
    Cheers

3. Just Curious

Just Curious New Member

i really appreciate your notes saxien, and your input fabricator. i've a lot to learn from the both of you.

not jumping in as much as you guys have....i might break out my single mixes tonight and tweak their flavours. A few of them need to be upped to 20% flavour. 15% wasn't doing it for me with 3 of them. but they've been steeping for a week now so i'll drip them and see how they go....then up them if necessary...then in a few days i'm gonna mix them as i've said earlier.

still keenly watching and learning what you guys are all doing. thanks again.

4. DavidKoch3

DavidKoch3 New Member

guys i posted this in lozza's thread but i'd love to ask for some opinions here also.

i've got some single mixes i've tasted tonight...and besides a few tweaks i wanted to ask what you guys think i should mix them with (i.e. single mix a with single mix b or c? etc)

so the flavours to choose from are:

capella@15%: vanilla custard (good as is), double chocolate (ok as mixer, could be sweetened), cappuccino (barely recognizable, more creamy), new york cheesecake (needs sweetener)

flavour art@9%: irish cream (gonna up to 12%, could be sweeter)

flavour apprentice@10%: ripe banana (bit strong, next time 9% but add sweetener), Dulce de leche (ok as mixer)

these are the flavours i think will go well together in some form or mix. I was thinking :

vanilla custard with ripe banana (maybe dulce de leche or irish cream as well for a triple blend), or left on their own for a double blend.
    double chocolate with cappuccino (maybe dulce de leche??)
    new york cheesecake with irish cream

what do you guys think?

5. Abonuyai

Abonuyai New Member

I think flavours are subjective. You have an interesting approach though - dilute the flavours to working solutions first, then mix those. Provided you don't run out of bottles it's a very versatile way of doing things, that could lead to trying a lot of flavours in a short space of time. Keep good notes be.comse it's a safe bet you won't remember exactly what you did the next day.

At some point you've got to mix 10 ml and vape the whole thing to decide how good a flavour really is. Some things are 'vape once', while others are the ADV.

Generally, it's about flavour balance. If a flavour is too much of something you can't vape it for any length of time.

6. Sami

Sami New Member

thanks. Yeah keyboardmama suggested i try it like this and i liked the idea for it's versatility. also a good way to really learn what goes with what. and yeah i've got a whole bunch of bottles lol these bottles aren't even including the doubler mixes i've got steeping in 30ml bottles.

got a document saved with all my notes. tasted them with my dripper at 4days and at 10days, took notes each time, i'm thinking they are about right now to cross-mix though...i'd like to be more patient...maybe i'll leave them till they reach 14days and taste them again before cross mixing. I think even if i wait till 14days i'll be right to tweak them now though. some of them seem to need more flavour or sweetener.

i've also got a watermelon which i love just as is. that's staying in it's 10ml bottle and gonna be a nice subtle adv.

yeah i appreciate your thoughts and recipes. been going the dessert vapes to try and kill two birds with one stone lol might help with the weight loss goals.

i've also noticed vaping goes really well with hiphop...could just be in my head.

7. sesceawlsar

sesceawlsar New Member

LOL

Whatever works and makes you happy. :)

I just discovered that I really don't like my Lucky Strike recipe in the Vapeonly mega. It vapes really thin and is a bit boring. It's not bad in the Protank though. Very similar devices, quite different results.

8. qenkaegixz

qenkaegixz New Member

Well, the concentrates I should receive tomorrow from VC are

Vanillan
    Vanilla Swirl
    Strawberry (Ripe)
    Strawberries and Cream
    Smooth
    Ripe Banana
    Raspberry (Sweet)
    Orange
    Mango
    Graham Cracker (Clear)
    Fresh Cream
    EM
    Dihydrocoumarin
    Coconut
    Cinnamon Danish
    Cheesecake with Graham Crust
    Caramel - Original Recipe
    Cantaloupe
    Banana Cream
    Apple Pie
    Apple
    and some pipettes
    Thats all for the moment but should boost my kit a little :)
    Now to go in search of more recipes :)
    xox

9. one x sweet

one x sweet New Member

^^^ nice selection

10. spkksm

spkksm New Member

Thanks :) I could have kept ordering more but had to watch my budget LOL, the dollars mount up with these as I am sure you know :)
    xox

11. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

wow i've never thought of that. different devices make juices taste different...i wonder how they manage that...does it have something to do with the wicking speed?

oh beth i'm SOOOOO jealous....i WISH i could go buy MORE....it's not FAIR!!!!!

i've got recipe pages though!!! picked some up today.

http://www.thealchemistscupboard.co.uk/page/capella recipes

http://allaboute-cigarettes.proboards.com/thread/12015/aae-members-recipe-collection

http://www.thevapebook.com/

they'll get you started!!!

also i know how you felt...as if stopping at those was easy...when you have SOOO many to choose from.

hence mrs. gruffy's golden advice...pick 6 recipes and stick with them till you've tweaked them JUST right...THEN move on...i'ma TRY and follow that advice...

12. jushui

jushui New Member

Well, we all know that dripping is different, and cartos are different again, but I always thought that the Vapeonly BCC was pretty much the same as the Protank BCC, but obviously there are some differences. The Vapeonly is a colder vape so that affects the flavour, and there may be some little differences in the airflow as well. Some things I find I prefer in the Vapeonly, but not this one.