Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Question to all the DIY juice makers using concentrates...

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by aroutty, Sep 4, 2015.

1. shelly

shelly New Member

I like the process!

It does however remind me that I have a compressor to harvest from a degassed refrigerator to use as a vacuum pump, which in turn reminds me that there is a shop in Byron that sells vacuum separation/filtration gear...

2. amojeds

amojeds New Member

I am pretty sure that Hungry Jacks purposely place their cooking odours in concentrated form in their chimney stacks. They make bricks from old grease and burn them to entice people going past that they are hungry. Cos it smells too good and there is too much of it to be natural.

Smells sell.

3. makdil

makdil New Member

Yep, there's an awful lot to keep on top of. DIY, rebuilding, battery technology... and I'm running three different types of devices. I get into some kind of comfort zone, then it goes off the rails and I find out there's still things I need to learn. Speed reading is the only way to pick the eyes out of it sometimes, but it has it's own pitfalls.

Aroma is a very important sense - it's wired directly into the parts of our brains associated with memory and experience. It's no wonder that it's so hard to get it right.

4. shdq3jrenzm

shdq3jrenzm New Member

LOL thanks for you understanding and blessing LOL

5. alekuperdf

alekuperdf New Member

Hmmm a bit disheartened with my own concoctions so far, I will try some recipes that have been placed on the threads here I think rather than try to make my own from scratch LOL..mine really were quite bad! I have a capella pina colada here, wonder if it can be mixed up as just a single with nic and taste like a pina colada or would I still need to add more stuff to fine tune it xo

6. Char

Char New Member

Why not post up the concentrates you do have and see if someone can give you a suggestion based on what you have got? :)

Definitely try the Pina Colada as a single mix, it might be great without tweaking. Just remember to start off low with the flavour and increase as required.

One thing I will say is I have had a heap more misses than hits with DIY juicing. However half the fun is experimenting and working out what works with what.

7. zxcvbnm

zxcvbnm New Member

Yeah, I've been taking my adventure fairly steady. So far, what I've made has at least been vapable, so that's ok.
    I've got some Gingerbread (made with Brown sugar and Graham Cracker as well) nearly finished, so when that tank's empty, I'll try a bit of something else. I only have two or three of something on the go at once, finish that, then move on to another flavour I might like to try.
    Out of nearly 15 'flavours' and 'ingredient' flavours, it's fun to at least make a bit of a start on it all.

Hopefully you can get all excited again, Beth, once you maybe hit on a singler that you like, and go again from there.

8. frugasss

frugasss New Member

I hope so as it can be rewarding to make and enjoy something you have made yourself (as I am sure you know essie :) )

Good Idea CMB, will go off to start dinner now but later post a list of what flavours I have and see if anyone can give me some ideas :)
    xo

9. toicleve

toicleve New Member

A common mistake is to mix them too strong. If it becomes overpowering after a few minutes, it's too strong.

My understanding of the Pina Colada is that it's a base flavour, but you'll have to do a test. Do you know how to do a 20 drop test? This is the simple DIY method, you will need some of your nicotine base mixed up to your preferred vaping mix.

Put 19 drops of base in a tiny dripper bottle, then add one drop of the Pina Colada. This is a 5% mix. You then put some of the 20 drop test into a dripping atomiser and try it. If you don't have a dripping atty you might have to make up 1ml and put it in whatever you have.

If the flavour is a bit light, then try 18 drops of base to 2 drops of concentrate. Try this 10% mix and so on.

A Pina Colada should should be fruity (pinapple), rummy, and probably have a coconut finish. If one or more elements are lacking or missing, you might have to add something to give it a lift. You would do another 20 drop test but sometimes it's useful to do a 40 drop test at this point - every drop is only 2.5% so it's useful for doing more minor additions.

Try the first test, tell us what device you have for testing, what the result of the first test was, and what flavours you have available.

10. audisrurb

audisrurb New Member

Ahh yes, I have to get an atty for dripping yet, I was thinking of the 510 Bridgeless VKS Atomizer, what do you think? Ok to use with a twist?
    All I have atm for testing is some clearos :-(

So the concentrates I have on hand atm are

From Capella:

Vanilla Custard
    Apricot
    Pina Colada

TPA/TFA:

Mango
    Pineapple
    Bavarian Cream
    Peach (juicy)
    Koolada
    Cotton Candy
    Grape

HS USA Blend Concentrates:

Banana
    Strawberry

Juice Factory Blend of Concentrates:

Peach
    Key Lime

eciglife concentrates:

Coffee

Vapeking:

Sweetener

Not a huge kitty yet as not much thought of doing full on recipes was put into these when I bought them as I was only going to use them to spice up some subtle doublers I had of similar flavours/tones.

xo

11. pwrycpkntboo

pwrycpkntboo New Member

This would be fine to use with a twist. Get the 1.8 ohm version and try minimum volts (3.2 V) maybe up 3.8 volts.

That's fine, it just means that you'll have to make up 1ml at a time, and spend more time cleaning between tests, or use a clean clearo for each test.

I've got a few ideas on your Pina Colada vape, but you still need to test it at 5% first. To make one ml put 45 drops of base (your preferred vaping mix as discussed previously) into a small bottle then add 5 drops of the Pina Colada.

See how it vapes and tell us your thoughts on it. The strength, what it tastes like, what is missing etc.
    If you don't like it, *why* don't you like it.

Hmmm, this is a new one for me. Long distance DIY!

:-D

12. ExercuB

ExercuB New Member

this is great. almost tempted to throw all my concentrates on here!!! but this is beth's show....i'm still keen on the long distance DIY juices but...can't wait for the next installment!!

so much for giving DIY a break beth...bet you get hooked!!! looking forward to swapping recipes with you one day lol

13. agddcmyzzdaxg

agddcmyzzdaxg New Member

Bethy, try this for a starter

Vanilla Custard 8%
    Peach 2%
    2 drops of banana/10ml (I don't know how strong it is, some Bananas can be way OTT)

14. fabigazel

fabigazel New Member

Hehehe, I know, I am a glutton for punishment :)

I will go off and try a recipe I have now and also CMBs and Fabricators suggestions. Be back later!!
    Oh btw, Sam this thread is not just for me, by all means post away, its for us all to enjoy and get ideas! :)
    Thanks guys xo

15. peach3435

peach3435 New Member

Hi B, looks like youv'e gone for some pretty strong definative flavourings which dosen't give you many options other than strong or stronger.
    Maybe a good idea to get some milder base's in each group you might like first--ie
    Bakery-
    Graham Cracker (dark and or Clear)
    Pie Crust
    et al.
    Coffee's
    Citrus
    Tobacco's--don't bother-most are disgusting peanut flavoured bases

Get some Cream mixes -dosen't matter-vanilla's, custards--whatever.

Then think about adding your stronger concentrate mixtures of fruit, berries whatever etc to your bases

HS USA flavours--Candy Cane-only for the morbidly obese sweet American tastes-my mixes have been overly sweet for my tastes,-may be able to rescue with some bitter mask, but maybe not, have to give them a chance to settle a bit more maybe.

When mixing multiple flavours I just stick each nozzle up my snozzle at the same time, after years of smoking and giving it away I find my sense of smell has now returned with a vengeance.

16. steerryaccept

steerryaccept New Member

This has kind of motivated me to try one of the flavours I've had sitting around for a while - FA Mellow Sunset. I think it's supposed to be a very mellow tobacco vape.

I wasn't inspired to try it after I received it - it's a little cloudy and ... well, yellow. It looks alright mixed to 5%. I have a feeling this is one that will need steeping to bring the real flavour out. Now dry burning my phoenix atty for about the fifth time tonight.

17. stormDX

stormDX New Member

I'd try 10% capella vanilla custard with 2% TPA cotton candy and .5% sweetener from vapeking.
    Try for a mix which is roughly 20% VG and 80% PG
    Once you tweak it to your favourite, I would make a second bottle, and add drop by drop with tasting in between, your HS USA Blend Concentrates banana.
    You can't really do good tasting without a set of drippers, in my opinion.

If you're not totally switched on to your vanilla custard flavour, try adding a bit of your TPA Bavarian Cream and drop at a time sweetener from vapeking.

Good luck.. it's all about the tweak!

18. prancilla

prancilla New Member

Well, I am just trying the pina colada you suggested Fabricator, mixed with a 60/40 base and I must say I am impressed with how such a little of the concentrate goes a long way. I have read this in alot of DIY threads but me being me always thought, nah, just shove nearly the whole bottle in, she'll be right! LOL. I think thats where I have really gone wrong with my last lot, too strong and got more so over steeping days!

I am very much getting the coconut and pineapple tastes quite nicely, coconut being more dominant, not sure about the rummy, are you meaning rum as in the drink? If thats the case I can sort of taste something alcoholish. I am using this in a kanger MTBCC as these are all I have to use until I get a dripping atty.

xo

19. Little Fluffball of Doom

Little Fluffball of Doom New Member

just to throw a spanner in the works then, i might ask what y'all could make with these (suggestions and opinions REALLY appreciated) :

Capella - Caramel, Hazelnut, Cappuccino, New York Cheesecake, Vanilla Custard, Double Chocolate.
    Flavour Apprentice - Marshmallow, Graham Cracker, Ripe Banana, Dulce De Leche.
    Flavour Art - Watermelon, Irish Cream, Catalin Cream, Cinnamon Ceylon
    Additives - Vanillin 10% pg, Ethyl Malto 10% pg, Flavour Apprentice Sweetener.

I'm also happy to post this in a separate thread to de-clutter this thread. appreciate your thoughts anyway.

20. "nozzle up my snozzle" I have to remember that hehehehe, Love it!
    Thanks for your advice and yes if I decide to continue on this DIY journey I really need to get alot more concentrates, as mentioned, these ones I have were only bought with the thought of jazzing up some doublers I had that were lacking flavours that were described to be in them such as strawberry, peach etc.
    xo