Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Punching Cartos - A combination of a couple of ideas

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by crehegeZetcek, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Superdave

Superdave New Member

Well FWIW I suggest folks try the Smok 1.7Ω singles. They work great and the draw doesn't stiffen up as much as the DCs. That's my current tank carto (cheaper too).

2. alexja1118

alexja1118 New Member

went to plumbing shop today might as well have asked for a wingwong gazupta.might have to get the one from ebay.

3. FiFi

FiFi New Member

They also seem to have them at Fish/aquarium places.

First time I actually used one was to run water to the ice-maker in the fridge.

4. thelmelcorema

thelmelcorema New Member

mates ice maker did $20,000 damage to his house, long term slight leak that stuffed the wall and floor over 18 months before it was noticed.
    heh, just saying..

Vert slot cart day 4? still going strong, no leaks.. upped it to 4.5V yesterday, see how it goes.

5. sijad

sijad New Member

I want a wing Wong gazupta

6. Billieann

Billieann New Member

i don't even know what that is and I want one too!

7. cifyinit

cifyinit New Member

8. vexato

vexato New Member

Anyone using a dremel? I have the Siam punch and am not in love with it. I end up needing to punch 3-4 holes be.comse of using VG heavy juices, figure a slit might help with this issue.

9. adaasusasd8873

adaasusasd8873 New Member

I have used a dremel to slot cartos before. My only issue is with tiny bits of metal ending in the polyfil and maybe ending up in my juice. It may not be a big deal, but punching is a lot easier and cleaner.

If you are going to slot cartos with a dremel (or cut anything with a dremel really) get yourself one of these:

View attachment 3176

It's called an Ezi-Lock. It doesn't allow the disc to spin freely and come off like a generic cut off wheel. Plus the generic cut off wheels are shit.

10. mark39

mark39 New Member

I use a dremel and for 100% VG juices I cut 2 slots at the bottom of each carto.

11. selamet2012

selamet2012 New Member

Vapebar are doing pre-drilled cartos now.... it's a 2ml hole and seems to work perfectly....I am using 50/50 mix DUP with no problems.........

Sent from here to there by one of those wingwang thingy's

12. horvat33

horvat33 New Member

Dremel seems way too hands on for me.
    Saw those vapebar ones the other day. Looks pretty good to me.

I wanted to buy a cheapish carto punch but VapeKing was out of stock.

13. napoleonicnastolgia

napoleonicnastolgia New Member

I have one of those Siam carto punches, they are fantastic. Someone from here (I think kritikal) had an issue where the point on the screw that punches the carto went blunt I think, but I have only punched about 10 with mine and it's been good so far with no signs of bluntness.

14. sunnylv702

sunnylv702 New Member

I think it depends on which one you get. I had a V1 which never worked well (crumpled cartos) got a V2 as I saw they had been improved. I then got a carto stuck in the V2 (bought some black boges which seem to be too thick and it was a tight squeeze going in and is now stuck) but I took the screw from the V2 and have been using it in the V1 and it works just as well, so it must have been down to the screw not being sharp enough (which upon comparing it definitely isn't). But be.comse of my issues with the V1 I am now paranoid which is why I asked about the dremel as in my head it sounds like a simple, no fuss solution (although the thought of metal shards in my juice has killed that off).

15. kewmjca18e

kewmjca18e New Member

for tanks your supposed to get the stainless steal boges with out the colered sticker be buggered if i want that glue n shit being de solved in my juice couldnt be good for ya i have a v2 carto punch from vk the only thing that should be changed imho is a stopper so you carnt punch to deep iv just put a nut on the thread so it stops at the right depth

16. Margarita de la Rosa

Margarita de la Rosa New Member

I normally always use the SS. I only went the black as they were on super special so figured they were worth it.

17. itarrieli

itarrieli New Member

you could peal the sticker of and then clean the out side with metho that would fix em up :)

18. Foodfrood

Foodfrood New Member

Yeah, the black ones are just stainless ones with a black sticker on them. Peel the sticker off, get the gluey, claggy mess that's left behind off, punch it and away you go.

19. clikege

clikege New Member

You should be able to get that out of the punch housing using pliers & a hammer. Just grip the housing with the pliers & sit the other side of the housing on a flat bench then tap the end of the carto gently to force it through. Once it gets past the deformed part around the hole it should slide out normally. If you tap too hard you will possibly burr the end of the carto so be careful or it may end up stck on the end. It might help if you remove as much of the black sticker stuff from the carto as you can, before you attempt this, that way you will have less trouble getting it through.

I use one of these V2 punches & I find that it is not quite perfect, nothing wrong with the screw or the holes but it does deform the tube slightly, sometimes. To fix this, after punching, I put the carto into an empty DCT, to see if it is going to slide in smoothly. If it doesn't, I look at the area around the DCT end cap to see where it is hitting the carto tube, then getting a pair of pliers with the round cut out jaws, I put the carto into them & gently squeeze the deformation out of the carto. It is a little annoying but not hard to do & sounds more complicated writing it than it is to actually do it. After a few squeezes , i retest the carto in the DCT if it needs a bit more shaping, I put it back into the pliers & repeat until it slides in smooth.
    You do not need to be "He-Man" to do this, just 2 or 3 gentle squeezes on the high points of the tube get it back into round usually.

Oh & as has been said above, don't use colored cartos in tanks, you will be leaching plastics, dyes & glues into your juices. Peel the stickers off, remove glue & anything else left behind with alcohol or metho to get it down to stainless, wipe off with a wet rag & use them.

20. fhwbuizofd

fhwbuizofd New Member

mr noe .. i have used cartos with the wrapper still on, even after weeks it is not 'leaching plastic,dyes and blah blah' into the juice. So far as I can tell it appears absolutely completely intact, as intact as the plastic bottle i am using to get the liquid out of in the first place, the one supplied by the manufacturer.
    you really have a mind set on predicting doom and gloom with ZERO evidence for anything you spew at times.