Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Provari V2 vs Buzz Pro LR DCC shoot out.

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by RyanE, Apr 21, 2015.

1. PhillipK

PhillipK Guest

which batteries are you using in the buzz pro?

2. MaeS

MaeS Guest

I am using the Powerizer 650mAh RCR123A batteries that NotCigs sells

3. jmav

jmav Guest

thanks Fazed!

4. AjH

AjH Guest

I've been using the Powerizers from Notcigs but am switching to AW IC 750mah because I like AW batteries. Plus I'll take all the protection I can get.:rolleyes:

5. girly

girly Guest

All very good points in this thread . Probably the best comparison thread iv read . All facts without any bashing :) They are both great mods . I would also put them both equaling out in performance overall .I can also say the extra money for the provari with its aditional features and higher cost to manufacture technology does justify the price difference.

Ooohhh one thing i was interested in but forgot to mention. in the video, At any point in the test did the carto start having dry hits or burning juice . Reason i ask is that it is possible that the buzz can push more watts but they could be unusable watts if you know what i mean . At some point i would think there would be dry burning hits. That sometime leads to a provari E2'ing out as well. I dont recall at what wattage 1.5DC start burning since i havent used them in a while but i do knoe if i threw a ressurector on there anything over 4.2 would be a dry burning unusable hit .The dry hit would also drop the ohms and E2 out on a provari at a cirtain voltage. Same with like a boge LR at 5V. I know those are single coil but with every carto theres that burning point. It could be that both are reaching burntness before they max out in wattage which would mean either one can handle even more then a DCC even needed.

6. AriannaJ

AriannaJ Guest

A great vid, your explanations and testing was spot on. The graph was also sweet. Put everything in an easy to understand format.

It's a shame all the ProVari apologists have to come up with all sorts of comments.

It's obvious that for DCC heavy hitters the BP delivers with it's head of the class performance.

Good Job :clap:

7. Thank you all for the information here. It certainly helps someone like me.

8. LADodger

LADodger Guest

It seems that each mod does indeed have it's pros and cons I use Provari's and love them I do like high voltage vapeing someday I will add a Buzz Pro just to check it out I do believe both Mods are quality. I mostly use boge 3.0 with my Provari's. I also make no apology for any Mods pros or cons they are what they are.

9. +1

I would like to know what i asked above though. Not to bash or anything but it would be a important part of the test to me to know at what voltage did the DCC start burning the juice on each device. If i remember correctly using DCC they should be getting dry hit before maxing out the devices. That would change the results a lot for either device. Just like anything you put on it ,say a boge LR . Sure it can go to 6v but it will be dry burning hits at 5v so any extra would be useless power.

10. JDT

JDT Guest

I'll try and answer your question about how much is too much. Vaping preferences, flavor preferences, etc., as you know are very subjective. I don't like DCC's for most of my juices because mostly what I use is fruit flavors and they are better, to me, at lower wattage. However, with coffee's, I like it hot. Again, for me the Provari drives them fine where I like them (about 4.5-4.6v), but I did the test to show what the devices can do because I know not everyone vapes the same way I do. Regarding 5.2v on a DCC, I'm not the person to ask, because I don't like it that high. Hopefully someone else here who prefers those settings can chime in.

Sent via cellular communication device...

11. bws

bws Guest

I have tried the 1.5ohm DCC at every voltage from 3 to 7volts and noticed that anything above 6 just tastes like crap. At 5.2volts, the total wattage output is about 18 but each coil is still only getting 9watts max and that is only if your device and or batteries can actually put that out. With my Precious-LV2, when set it at a chosen voltage, the output gives and maintains a true loaded voltage. If it can't because of the batteries, the led will change to orange meaning the preset voltage is not or cannot being reached.

ps, I have been through over 800 of these 1.5ohm DCC, 500 were bought all at once so I do know these cartos fairly well. They are only good for less than 3ml before they burn the juice, anyone who removes the filler and looks at it's condition can easily verify this.

12. TubCat

TubCat Guest

I used to run a few 1.5 dcc's a while back at i think around 4.5v .Im thinking at the max on each device might be burning from what i remember though . I like hot vapes .My normal vape is boge sr's at 4.8-5.8v .With my question i didnt really mean like when a juice tastes burnt ,i meant more of when the carto starts actually failing from dry hits like a atomizer does when its dry or ran at to high a voltage/wattage. Where its not dependant on juice and more so just not being able to handle the voltage/wattage . For example if you try to run a ressurector at over 4.2 its just gonna fail and burn the filler or a kanger at over 4v. Every carto has that point so i was wondering what that point is on the 1.5dcc's. I know the DCC's should be able to handle a decent amount since its two coils in parallel but not sure where it is.It still would be 18watts the filler is seeing right since that would be the part that fails and starts burning?

13. heylis

heylis Guest

I see what you're asking. My DCC's are always in tanks, and honestly, their lifespan has been very short for me. The 1st few I punched too large a hole and they flooded, the last few were properly punched, fed well, but after about 2 tanks through were toast.

I know people like DCC's, I tried them about a year ago, but without an adequate device to use them on, I wrote them off. I have had a Provari V1 and Buzz pro for a while, and still only used my Boge SR cartos because I really like them.

It wasn't until the V2 came out that I decided to try the DCC again. A comparison just seemed like a good idea.

My take... Once these DCC's I ordered are gone, I probably won't order any more. Give me my Boge's at 9w and I'm a happy camper.

Sent via cellular communication device...

14. Fazed I just read this thread and you are VERY well informed KUDOS , now i have to watch the damn VIDEO LOL !!!

BTW the Buzz Pro / IPro both have 1.5% tolerance regulators so they hold the set voltage to 1.5 % of what you set it at FYI. I have NO idea what the PVari does.

OK I watched the video , very fair comparison IMO fact are what they are , we shoot for a lower cost by choice we feel this is a good market and do well in it .

15. daweeney

daweeney Guest

Coming from you, that is a very high compliment. Thank you.

16. kc_fan

kc_fan Guest

STR8 I was using 1.5 dcc with my Provari v1 in the BDV tanks I like a warmer vape and would run the Provari at 4.0 no higher or it E2s the dcc would start tasting bad after 3 tanks of light colored liquid the darker and high vg content 2 tanks at best. On the Provari v2 1.5 dcc Provari set at 4.9 and 5.0 same thing happens with the dcc using the same tank, also any higher with the 1.5dcc Provari 5.1you get E2 I mostly now use Boge's 3.0 Sr and run the Provari v1 and v2 at 5.5 5.8 that's my sweet spot. I am currently playing with a 2.5 dcc on Provari v1 running it at 5.3 with a light colored juice and will keep track of that. The dcc cartomizers are really to expensive for the short life they have. Some day I would love to play with a Buzz Pro but as far as dcc go if I still had my GGTS with a kick in the life of the dcc would be the same. When the dcc became popular I am thinking they were make for 3.7 Mods to mimic High volt vapeing correct me if I'm thinking wrong here.

17. PSP

PSP Guest

I will stick with my SaberTouch VV with hi power option; it will handle amps way past anything that anyone would consider vaping. It doesn't have all the complicated gizmos of the Provari but makes up for it in eye candy.

18. Chloe

Chloe Guest

The filler will never see 18watts at one single point, the DCC coils are staggered with one just below the half way point and the other above the halfway point. As far as I can remember, it didn't last long at 5volts but was necessary to produce adequate heat and vapor but started to burn quickly at about 5.4volts. If you are asking when the filler starts to burn, even at 4 volts the filler will burn so it's not a matter of what voltage, it's a matter of how soon.
    The higher the voltage, the sooner it will burn. At 5volts, the filler can barely last 3ml.

Never really experienced "dry hits" because I always used a tank.
    The coil placement inside are very similar to this. Can't find the other pics because imageshack keeps deleting them for some reason.

[​IMG]

19. JohnnyBoy

JohnnyBoy Guest

Yea i have taken apart lots of regualr and dc carto and know how they burn .EMDCC's are the worst for that.Iv taken apart a bunch of 10 day old boge cartos that werent burnt though and i run them around 5v. So far iv seen burning with every other carto except the echos. So pretty much like i thought that normally no user will be using 1.5DCC's at the max wattage on either unit. So with that both really would be equal in performance while using it to vape.

20. Metallica

Metallica Guest

Just got my mini and someone gave me a few 1.5DCC's a couple weeks ago so i finally tried it . I got it up to 5v on the mini .After about 10min i got a E2 then put a few more drops of juice in and another 45min or so before i got a E2. Then i put it to 4.9 and no E2's for a few hours now. I would say it can handle 5v though since it only E2'ed when i got a little dry. Carto ohms out at a solid 1.5 too.