Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Please help a smoker wanting to make the switch!

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by maxiustop6933, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Insiny16

Insiny16 New Member

1.8ohm and tight air will compare to a tailor made. Rollies aren't such a tight draw IMO

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

2. njpxvooljf

njpxvooljf New Member

Thanks Tyzer, that is a cracking offer :) If the pro's say it's suitable I will send you a PM.

3. segun

segun New Member

My club is based on Yuishinkan which is very traditional old school karate traces direct back to mr myagi (yes that's a real person, cue the jokes lol). It focuses all on self defence and how all the kata applies to it.

I love it, and it was one of the reasons I took up vaping. I never could have done what I have while still smoking. I initially started as something to do together with my son but within a few weeks I was hooked.

4. lucyneto

lucyneto New Member

That's awesome Littleraf :) I love all the traditional styles - they look so cool - but TBH I just go be.comse the people are really nice and accepting, it's a good way to get moving, and it's the best fun ever! I probably wouldn't care what style I was doing so long as I was having a good time with a supportive bunch of people :)

5. scroobieha

scroobieha New Member

Welcome home mate!
    glad to see you've made the switch. all the above suggestions have been right on the money. If i had my time again id go straight for a box style mod with an inbuilt battery, like the MVP. Most tanks with a 1.5 or higher coil will suit your use. Id recommend the Ego One tanks with a CLR coil. you can rebuild/rewick them as you go if need be, ad the airflow is a little tighter than the standard coils. even at 1.0 Ohm.
    chuck your location up in your profile and someone will point you in the direction of a good store that you can go into, have a chat and actually feel whats good in your hands.
    as for overseas juice vendors, i like the Mt Baker range, but same for gear. Most shops have a tasting bar you can find what you like and buy on the spot.
    i would however recommend buying some of this
    Unflavored 100 mg/ml Nicotine Base 100ML - DIY E-Liquid Base 3-200mg/ml - DIY - Wholesale E Cigarette Liquid , Buy liquid nicotine online, Buy E liquid nicotine wholesale

even has a guide how much to add.
    put it in the freezer and youll get 25 bottles at 12mg

6. skipper_danny269

skipper_danny269 New Member

OK so it looks like the mvp 2 will do the watts you need for the tank/tanks your looking at, so for $9 you can have it if you want?

7. energiewasser

energiewasser New Member

Thanks Tyzer - PM sent :)

And thanks for the link to the mixer stuff Holmsey - but if I put it in the freezer, do I just defrost the whole thing, measure out x mils, then put the remainder back in the freezer? I know you don't do that with chicken...can you do it with Nic? Heh.

8. Advance

Advance New Member

It shouldn't actually freeze and stay in liquid form.

9. kacmarip-a

kacmarip-a New Member

Damn Tyzer doing some nice things for people around the place.

+1(00)

10. alkmaar345

alkmaar345 New Member

Well if you didn't give it away mate, I would have brought it! Haha
    Shouldn't freeze, if your worried, you can just put it in the fridge :)

11. kololo

kololo New Member

Oh cool! Alright! So I'm going to order some stuff for O/S - some Nic liquid (should I get 100% PG or 50/50 base for this?) and about three different flavours of premixed stuff to try straight away before I think about mixing my own, with slightly different PG/VG mixes and Nic levels, so I can test them out.

I was looking at Vape Shop (a NZ online shop) and was thinking about ordering from there. But can I get your opinion on their prices/products? Some of their premixed liquids are up to $40 for 30ml (most are $30 for 30ml) and postage is just over $20. Now I know that this is NZD, but other sites like Mt Barker seem to be a LOT cheaper ($8 for 30ml) although they're in USD... So I'm just wondering - is Vape Shop NZ a huge giant rip-off or is it reasonably priced? If it is a rip-off, where else should I look to order from?

12. EPIC FAIL

EPIC FAIL New Member

Nicotine stores best in PG.

Another thing you can try if you dont want to go full DIY is getting that nicotine base above and then you can buy
    'doublers' from canuk vendors. Doublers are specifically made so that you can add your nicotine and extra PG/VG
    without diluting the flavour. So if you get a 15ml doubler you make it up to 30ml.

If you are going to be mixing your own you are going to need a few extra bits n pieces.....

Nicotine
    Extra VG (buy from canada as its cheap and international postage will be ridiculous)
    Extra PG (buy from canada as its cheap and international postage will be ridiculous)
    Flavour concentrates
    Syringes
    Bottles
    Gloves

If it was me and my first time, I would just got to somewhere like the vape shop NZ and grab some premade juice with
    nicotine. Before getting into all that I would first want to see if I take to vaping. DIY is certainly the cheapest route to go
    if you do and worth considering when you feel a bit more confident.

With regard to hardware, I really like the suggestion of an istick 60w. I think you need something with a removable battery
    unless you want to be carrying around multiple mods during the day. With the istick 60w you can just take an extra 18650
    with you and that should last you all day. The other thing is that you can just change out batteries when they run out if you
    have a battery charger. You also have quite a bit of power for what you have indicated you need and you have the option of
    Temperature Control should you want to try it in the future.

Its still worthwhile grabbing a couple of mods. You dont want to be .comght short if one fails. The same with your atty. You
    want to get a couple or at least a couple of spare glass tanks. If you drop it, 9 times out of 10 thats the glass tank broken.

I also think the .comtilus is a vary good option for a first tank. Especially now with all the different coils available.

edit - the vape shop NZ sell more of the 'premium' type US juices. If you look at those same brands in the US you will see
    they are around $20-$22 per 30ml. Mt Baker Vaper is more of a budget juice vendor. I tell you one I just tried recently was
    Gvapers. I wrote about it here http://forums.canukvapers.com/e-cigarette-vaporization-ejuice-nicotine-e-liquids/35506-g-vapers.html
    I have tried a lot of different juices out there and mainly vape the 'premium' stuff. These guys do make a decent juice.

13. ethissig

ethissig New Member

I wouldn't just be tobacco flavours either I did this first and well a few havnt even been opened , didn't like it at all so many flavours to chose from get a couple of others too maybe a fruit or beverage flavour I've got a vanilla custard going atm not sure about it first tank but now I'm halfway through a 60 ml

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. chefi62

chefi62 New Member

They way your options work for juice is,
    Included nicotine to the strength you desire, you cannot buy this in canada bit it is legal to buy for personal use.
    Singles (30ml) are juices that are made for not adding anything and are just flavours ready to vape.
    Doublers (15ml)are what you buy if you have your own unflavored nicotine, they are double the flavour strength and you add your nicotine to it to double the amount from 15ml to 30ml.

15. blncgiz56r

blncgiz56r New Member

16. Gepwrema

Gepwrema New Member

Thanks everyone :) I have made an order from Vape Shop NZ with four different 30ml flavours, at 12mg and 18mg with varying PG/VG ratios, and a bottle of plain Nic. Cost about 2 weeks worth of smokes, hehe.

I have ordered Pistachio RY4, blood orange and vanilla, a pineapple/coconut/melon one, and a rhubarb and stawberry crumble one to start with. Hopefully that should be enough of a mix to get an idea of what I like and don't like. My husband tells me he wants to try vaping also, so between the two of us I think we should be able to get through those bottles, and I'll have some Nic in the freezer waiting for when I'm ready to mix my own.

Very excited to make my own flavours!

Side note - I noticed the people at VapourFi let you design your own flavours and mixes for no extra cost compared to their prebottled flavours.

17. Epiftini

Epiftini New Member

welcome muscovyduckling!

The Aspire .comtilus & the mini are both good tanks for those who vape MTL style, I didn't see it mentioned but if you find the air draw to restrictive look at the Silo tank https://houseofvape.com.com/vape/clearomizer-tanks/silo-tank-kit-by-beyond-vape/ it uses the same coils as the .comtilus tanks but has better airflow & protection than the .comtilus does and carries plenty of juice for a 12 hour shift carried about in your pocket :)

18. Artoro KJ Dancer 11999

Artoro KJ Dancer 11999 New Member

Thanks again folks :)

Errr...I have a very basic question which has only just occurred to me - does ejuices leak out of the drip tip if I don't keep it upright at all times? Or will it be ok to carry it around in my handbag (which is messy so stuff may end up up-side-down)?

When I think about it, I just don't understand how vapour can come out of the drip tip, but liquid can't.... Hah.

19. Kalamata66

Kalamata66 New Member

If you are using tanks, then no, juice shouldn't leak out of the drip tip even tipped upside down. I won't say never, well be.comse ...