Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Please advise newbie as to where to next

Discussion in 'New Vapers Forum' started by arharovec, Sep 10, 2015.

1. arharovec

arharovec New Member

Hi,
    I've been a vape user for 2 weeks and 2 weeks without a smoke thump thump (that's me patting myself on the back). I began with an Aspire Premium Kit which came with 2 devices - 1 for me and 1 for wifey. For me there will be no going back. As a matter of fact I am now planning ahead for my next vape device.

Before I bite the bullet and make another purchase, I would like some advice from the more experienced users as to my next course of action. So far, my research has led me to an Ego One VT with Temperature Control, a 4ml tank, and 2600 mah battery. This unit seems to have good reviews and is reasonably priced.

Is this a good unit to move on to or is there something that suits my wish list (see below) a little better? Any advice will be muchly appreciated.

What I want:
    • something that will fit in my pocket
    • larger battery
    • larger tank
    • adjustable voltage
    • USB charging without disassembly
    • and finally, topping with ease - not essential.

cheers
    Brian

2. ephexuddy

ephexuddy New Member

If you just started (2weeks) I would not buy a temp control unit as they can be a little tricky to use as a beginner . If I was you I would look at a Istick , they are small and can fit in your pocket easy to charge (usb) I think you can get a 40watt or a 100 watt unit cheap .

3. toni6666

toni6666 New Member

Don't underestimate these little things too... Good battery life... Packs a punch too available in 0.5ohm and rba base... The perfect traveller
    eGrip OLED-CL - Joyetech

4. midnight_ashes

midnight_ashes New Member

Sorry also take the same atomizers as the ego one

5. tjv189

tjv189 New Member

After 40 years i'd be concerned about using coils under 1.0 ohm

Maybe try to find a tank that will let you run 1.2 to 1.8 ohm coils to start with and then after a month or two once your lungs have had a chance to repair themselves try some 0.5 ohm coils.

Tanks that can do this (off the top of my head)
    Aspire comtilus = tighter air draw 4 settings
    Kanger Sub tank = more open air draw 4 settings
    Ego One Mega

I'm sure there are a heap more but we need to keep in mind what type of draw you like ie,

* Mouth to Lung (MTL) just like a ciggie you draw the vaper into your mouth hold it and then inhale to the lungs
    * Lung Hit (LH) drawing the vapor straight to the lungs

Tanks that run 1.8 and 1.2 normally have a tighter draw for MTL
    And tanks that run 0.5 ohm coils and lower tend to have a larger air flow inlet they are normally sold advertised as a SUB OHM TANK and you draw straight to the lung.

When i first tried a SUB ohm tank early into my vape journey it felt like i was sucking air and it was scratchy on my throat. It took a while till i could go back and try it again and i only smoked for 20years.

If your partner is not happy with the Aspire kit maybe a they could try this INNOKIN ENDURA T18 Dual Coil Starter Kit but it sounds like you've moved passed this already. Still id watch the video as it has a lot of good info.

Here is a video on it,
    [video=youtube;qj2R-T82ruM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj2R-T82ruM[/video]

6. ocz1.4

ocz1.4 New Member

Couldn't agree more with the above... I don't sub ohm at all really apart from occasional build on a may fun at 0.8ohm. This is why I recommended the egrip. As stated above stay with plus ohm coils, I daily use a comtilus which is a great tank, as you will be much happier. The egrip is just a compact easy well built unit that I use out and about and really don't notice that much difference between the comtilus.

Good work though dhurfish... Nothing but sound experienced advise above^^

7. fister2

fister2 New Member

my recommendations are box mods and top filling tanks

• something that will fit in my pocket
      - I have an iStick 40WTC which is very pocket friendly but what I really wanted to buy was an Evic VTC Mini.
    • larger battery
      - iStick is 2600 mah and would last me an entire day for VV/VW but other reviewers said it rans out of charge quickly in TC (I don't do TC). You may need to bring a spare battery for the Evic Mini if you take this out of the house and if you frequently vape. The Innokin MVP 3.0 Pro has a 4500mAH battery
    • larger tank
      - I would wait for the Joyetech Cubis in Jan 2016 but its only at 3.5 Ml. I use a comtilus 5ml on an iStick and find it unproportioned.
      Personally I would get a mod the size of an Innokin iTaste MVP 3.0 Pro for tanks over 4 ml but I won't be carrying them in my pants pocket.
    • adjustable voltage
      - yes for Evic and iStick
    • USB charging without disassembly
      - iStick has its usb at the underneath its base, a hassle when you have a tank attached. Evic VTC is better located at the front.
    • and finally, topping with ease - not essential.
      - top fill for me is essential for my next tank and its featured in the Cubis, Triton 2, Uwell Crown, iSub Apex but these tanks are 4 Ml and under.

I was also interested with the Endura for a tube type battery but its price ought to offer at least VV. Tubes, particularly the thin Ego / EVO types are more pocket friendly and would pick them as my after lunch vape plus the arvo tea later in the day when I'm out and about.

scratch the evic vtc mini - Joyetech's Cuboid seems like the go to mod this time. Check youtube for reviews but I would buy this probably a month after its release date.

8. Loakamp

Loakamp New Member

Thanks to everyone who offered their advice. All info was taken on board and helped me reach a decision. See my new purchase below:

It's a Coolfire IV with a uWell Crown tank. Still learning all the options but plenty of time to play.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]