Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

No-Nicotine vaping

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by hedaadhes, Dec 11, 2015.

1. hedaadhes

hedaadhes New Member

Is there any threat with no-nicotine vaping? Is there any health effects? I have not smoked cigarettes in my life and I just want to vape for smoke tricks and flavour.

2. bill g

bill g New Member

Pg and VG have been well studied since the 50s (generally regarded as safe)
    What we aren't sure of long term is the flavours as inhaled.

We are all quite sure vaping is safer than smoking by a huge amount.
    Vaping is not as safe as not vaping, so if you want to, stick to unflavoured, primarily VG for the vape in your tricks etc.

3. smudge

smudge New Member

After all the deaths and misery .comsed by tobacco, smoking anything is crazy.
    Almost everyone here used vaping to get off, and stay off smoking.
    No matter vaping is safer than smoking tobacco, it's still something you don't want to start.
    It will bring bad publicity to vaping, if non smokers take it up.
    Please don't do it.

4. WillieVel

WillieVel New Member

Just don't! Most of us are here for a very good reason and smoke tricks ain't it. You want flavour? Plenty of good food and sugarless lollies out there.

You have never smoked or ingested stuff into your lungs in your life......

Keep it that way!

Not meaning to come over as nasty, just don't do it.

5. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

How are you doing your smoke tricks at the moment.

It would be really clever if you can figure out how to get coloured vapour. That's a party trick. Don't worry about flavour, lollies and sweets are much more palatable.

6. Neek

Neek New Member

I understand what you guys are saying and I won't take it up :)
    But, suffice to say are there any un flavored ones? That is if you guys say it's safe?

7. smb

smb New Member

No-one here can tell you it's safe. I for one don't want to be responsible (not saying you) for someone triple stacking batteries and blowing his face and hands off, pouring vg into an electric kettle or some similar dumb stunt.
    Even oxygen isn't 100% "safe".

8. Soymnendownit

Soymnendownit New Member

As Orph said, no one knows if it's safe. We only know it's safer than smoking cigarettes. Many of us who have switched to vaping are long term smokers who struggled to quit a dangerous habit, and failed many times. Vaping has literally been a life saver to us and for that reason it feels a bit uncomfortable to think of it being trivialised to the point of party tricks.

Also as someone else mentioned, we are in the midst of fighting for our right to continue vaping and not be forced back into smoking. One of the main reasons the government gives for taking vaping away from us is that young people may take it up be.comse they think it's fun and cool. So I for one don't feel like supporting you in your efforts to do tricks with something that is extremely serious for me.

9. pregonik

pregonik New Member

What jen said! But unflavoured? As also mentioned above in #2: PG And VG are the base components for unflavored. Better off not though.

10. teguhaji

teguhaji New Member

Wow, I am so sorry, I did not realize how much this really means for you, thank you all for your input and time and I will not vape.

11. geomark

geomark New Member

That's ok, I'm sorry if I sounded harsh or rude. But vaping is pretty important, it has the potential to save lives for the many people who find they just can't quit cigarettes and stay quit.

But I don't have the right to tell you what to do, it's your free choice of course. :)

12. rattle-snake

rattle-snake New Member

You should be fine, just stay away from Cream type vapes and cinnamon ingredients, Do your research on what flavours they using, then research the flavours. Make sure 100% isn't bad for you and then vape. You have an urge that's what starts people smoking, If I can set you on a path that will give you what you want without any danger to your health, then why not. I don't sell anything anywhere, but If someone has a need I'll make sure he does it right the first time. No need to push people away, not everyone is like us, hooked on nic, Basically the way I see it is that we stop one potential person from being a smoker or stop one person from being a nic addict, either which way we win as a community. Jeff
    P.s 100% Organic ejuice might be a better path, search google.

13. kvqlkpdysi

kvqlkpdysi New Member

You can't get addicted to vaping if you have never smoked, I don't know of anyone on this forum who was not a ex smoker.

Also research has shown that nicotine is only addictive when in tobacco.

14. Erammabon

Erammabon New Member

Nicotine is addictive in vaping, But your able to reduce your level gradually to get off of it. Its delivered differently but its much more manageable than patches,gum,medication etc.
    I've met guys in Sydney who never smoked and only vapes 0%-ejuice, Its the next generation, Basically people who want to do something, either have smoke or vapor out of the mouths, I would say vapor is a better way. This one guy had over 30 e-juices and tons of mods and never smoked or used nic, I asked him why was he vaping, He said that he always likes flavours, really he had more gear than most seasoned vapors. Vaping will be the next big thing, some will use nic and some won't and my hats off to the ones that don't, be.comse they have already reached a goal that most of us are striving for :)
    Jeff

15. alenaganina

alenaganina New Member

I'm a bit torn on this one. At first I was like a couple of the strong 'no' posts, for the reasons already outlined.
    However, I then thought back to what was b.comtiful about smoking, even when I was very very young (11), and how enjoyable it was.

On the one hand, yes, DON'T do it if it's merely the new planking. We'll just have to sit tight a bit longer, until this new fad blows over, maybe.
    But I doubt it, be.comse...
    ... On the other, unflavoured vaping (really what choices were there back in the new smoking days?) is a better way to start the glorious inhalation habit than smoking, if I'm still looking at this as an alternative.
    From what I've been reading recently - the assertions of gateways and the young taking it up - maybe we should just stick to the 'alternative' and the harm minimisation approaches to a thing we can't stop people from taking up.
    After all when I started smoking, I'm pretty sure I and my peers were frowned upon for thinking we were cool for taking up such a filthy, not to mention dangerous habit, whatever 'education' method they threw at us.
    It made no difference though, did it?

I must ponder further on this.

16. leeco69

leeco69 New Member

Arguing that vaping is really only for smokers and ex smokers and should be just a cessation or harm reduction tool comes dangerously close to the kind of lines pharma companies like.

Like it or not, demanding "vapers rights" translates as the right of every adult to vape should they so desire.

There's a rather large amount of hypocrisy in vapers getting up in arms at governments\big pharma\big tobacco telling us what to do and not do, then turning around and doing the exact same thing to someone else just be.comse they've never smoked.

17. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

Yes, the more I think about this, the more circumspect I find I have to be in order to have any credibility (from myself) on what I say out loud on this topic.

18. Peakimava

Peakimava New Member

I'm always torn between indignation at the trivialisation of vaping, and my belief in free choice as well Essie.

19. cealgesk

cealgesk New Member

I understand the viewpoint of the last few posts but if I could turn back time to when I had my first cigarette I wish somebody had stopped me....

20. randadengkak

randadengkak New Member

Or that vapes were invented then and I could have started that instead.