Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Nicotine Discussion & Protecting the forum

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by Feurys Mom, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

i thought this deserved its own thread.... so ill just leave this here, apologies for messing up the thread that was not mine

https://www.tga.gov.com/canadan-state-territory-regulatory-controls-schedule-7-poisons#table

Some recent media reports about electronic cigarettes suggest that the importation of nicotine in personal amounts is exempt from regulation. This is not always the case.

The media reports appear to be in reference to the personal importation scheme for therapeutic goods under the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989. It should be noted that there are important limitations to this scheme in relation to the importation of electronic cigarettes:

Under state and territory law, nicotine (whether or not it is for use as part of an electronic cigarette) is a Scheduled poison.
    Liquid nicotine is a dangerous poison and an emerging .comse of inadvertent poisoning overseas.
    Any product or substance that is a therapeutic good and personally imported under the Act must also be legal within your own state or territory.

You should therefore check whether nicotine can be possessed or supplied in your own state or territory.

If the liquid nicotine is for a therapeutic use (such as smoking cessation), it is a prescription medicine. To import a prescription medicine you need to possess a valid prescription written by a registered canadan medical practitioner. Under most state and territory laws only a medical practitioner can only write a prescription for a medicine, or prescribe a substance that is for therapeutic use.
    https://www.tga.gov.com/behind-news/l...nic-cigarettes

QLD for example

Liquid nicotine is illegal

Electronic cigarettes containing liquid nicotine are illegal in Queensland. It is an offence under the Health (Drugs and Poisons) Regulation 1996 (PDF, 1 MB)(HDPR), for a person to manufacture, obtain, possess, prescribe, dispense, sell, advertise, use or destroy nicotine, unless the person is specifically.comthorised or holds an approval under the HDPR. The maximum penalty is $9,108.

Electronic cigarettes | Queensland Health

WESTERN canada

The Poisons Act 1964 provides that nicotine in liquid form, as used in e-cigarettes, is classified as a Schedule 7 poison. Schedule 7 poisons must meet labelling and packaging standards. They may only be sold by a retailer with a licence, and may only be purchased by persons with a valid permit.

Products that are prepared and labelled for human therapeutic use, such as nicotine replacement gum, lozenges, patches and inhalers are exempt from these requirements.

To date, e-cigarettes have not been assessed or approved by the canadan Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) as a safe and effective aid to quitting smoking.

Electronic cigarettes in Western canada

Lot more research out there. And every state has similar rules from what i have seen.

i just think if the forum is going to protect it self Legally then it should be done correctly.
    Example - someone buys this stuff from a recommendation on this forum and for what ever reason something goes wrong (crosses fingers this never happens).comthorities ask where the info came from and they are advised canukVapers.com well then your open to a whole legal issue.

i just think if the forum and mods are going to start looking out for the forum and its best interests then it needs to be across the board not just half ass selective topics/issues/whatever.

some of you mods do a wonderful job and go above and beyond sorting out our shit and for that i thank you. i just believe that if your going to protect the forum and its owner from one legal issue you may as well protect it/them from all of them

2. Deaddiree

Deaddiree New Member

The stupid thing is the moderator who severely over stepped the line by requesting a copy a posters gun licence under the pretence of 'protecting' the forum and its owner only ASSUMED the poster was intending to do something illegal when he wanted donations of a few counterfeit items to shoot up and film.

Yet all over the forum is constant discussion and links to buy a dangerous substance, KNOWN to be illegal in some states is condoned.

The hypocrisy is mind boggling.

Or maybe a certain moderators witch hunt is a better explanation ?

3. awftmvqicacpw

awftmvqicacpw New Member

If its true, then name the moderator.

4. IrmaWeave

IrmaWeave New Member

sounds to my like.

harden the **** up, this isnt a democracy.

5. Oriessume

Oriessume New Member

Are private sales of vaping equipment covered under the WA ban?

Are AVF moderator-approved counterfeit co-ops considered to be a very public endorsement of IP theft?

Shouldn't these be the sort of issues to be dealt with as a priority "to protect the forum and its owner"?

EDIT: inb4 thread is locked and deleted

6. Awamoub

Awamoub New Member

7. dk5750

dk5750 New Member

Very good points - all my items in any for sale threads are now removed to protect the owner of this forum and the forum itself ..

8. ******

I know the thread your talking about but i cant remember a post threatening to ban anyone mentioning it.

9. cheap snapback hats

cheap snapback hats New Member

I've made the thread visible again, along with reopening the "what licences do you have?" thread.
    I'm sorry.

10. AfroSquare

AfroSquare New Member

Well done Mrs G.

Understandably, Firearms may not be everyone's cup of tea.

If someone want to post a video of shooting up some counterfeit products or running them over with a bulldozer, it's not a moderators responsibility to check on licensing and locations etc.

[​IMG]

11. podrido

podrido New Member

Cheers Mrsgruffy

12. annabilan

annabilan New Member

Tell you what , maybe everyone with a point to prove on how AVF should be run , should all get together , consult every active member of the community , arrive at consensus ( that should be easy) , return and present us with a list of demands and changes to be made ?... and when they have done that , they should buy the forum of Jato , pay a full time team of moderators to enforce every edict , without question or context ... or they could recognise that as moderators we are an extraordinary bunch of people trying to do our best in what is sometimes a really shitty place to be ... we live we learn and we get on ...

Fair dinkum , we are as approachable as can be on a lot of matters , and we often let people have a bit more leash than we proabably should, I read above AVF is over moderated ? Hell if it were , half of you wouldnt have the license to spout a lot of what you do ...

even letting threads like this have half a life is proof enough that the moderation isn't.comtocratic , and who cares if it was ... its not like you are paying for a bloody service !

effin doing my head in now

13. jidapa28

jidapa28 New Member

Sorry mate is this fact or theory ? the only one who could answer that would get shot to pieces no matter which way it went .. its a crap thing to post IMO

14. TedMorse

TedMorse New Member

The Moderator and her husband have done more for the vaping community than anyone else on AVF. Trust me, I've had grumbles with them at times too but you have gone too far.

I don't know why you keep getting away with such shocking behaviour where you constantly attack the man, not the issue? You do not deserve the free run you constantly get IMO.

I'll leave it here and if the mod team decides I need a holiday for this post then so be it.

15. da light

da light New Member

have anywhere in mind?

16. anon

anon New Member

ok can we at least consider this put to bed for a bit ... I have missed too much sleep and too many meals lately I would like to think that we can return to normal service one day , it aint perfect by any means , but its as good as we can make it and their are always gonna be speedbumps in the way

I for one am done for a bit , and I really hope that we can all learn whatever lessons we have to , and then decide what to do with them in constructive , rather than destructive ways

17. Boftstala

Boftstala New Member

oh and again stop with the putting of people down please , its not necessary IMO , its truly not .

18. Peanut Butter Addicted

Peanut Butter Addicted New Member

LOL Brian, haven't decided yet. I'm sure you know, with the internet you can advocate for what you believe in from anywhere on the planet.

19. bananas in pyjamas

bananas in pyjamas New Member

skinnyman ??

20. best006

best006 New Member

Friggin tapeworm man ATM ....am gagging for my sambos on the coffee table ! that have been there since whenever it all kicked off again :p