Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

newbie question about mixing nicotine & flavour

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by eldency, Sep 20, 2015.

1. eldency

eldency New Member

i have only been vaping and off tobacco 3 weeks now. i mix 36mg with double flavour in 30ml bottles. 50/50

so i have purchased a liter of 100mg VG from boxelder. i don't need to use it for a while but i am wondering about the mixing. i get the amount to use of the 100mg for the size of the bottle eg30ml. but what about the flavour being double? seems there's be a hell of a lot of it in there... do i need to get single strength for mixing with it later when i use it? or can i use double (or single) and glycerine mixed together to make up the rest of the amount?

please, if you can reply in newbie, plain idiotic words i'll understand well would help LOL. but i won't be using it for a while yet, have plenty of the 36gm and doublers for now. trying to sort out how to do it when i need to. was thinking to buy VG from juicewhore site to mix and distilled water but have read here about the glycerine available in woollies and demineralised water - so thinking that might be the same in the long run if i have to dilute down more even with single strength.

advice on using the double strength juice with 100mg VG is what i am basically after, but any advice is really welcomed.... thanks you guys for doing such a great job of helping newbies on here. i didn't put this in the newbie section as it is a mixing issue.

2. freecodew

freecodew New Member

I believe you would need 5.4ml of 100mg plus 15ml of the doubler plus 9.6ml of 0mg PG or VG to end up with 30mls of 18mg juice, which is what I assume you want. We'd need more info on the pg/vg ratio of the doubler and your desired pg\vg ratio to help with that.

3. aprilmay730

aprilmay730 New Member

I wouldn't do anything except pour it into freshly .comndered glass bottles and put into your freezer until you need it at this point.
    You may change your mg/mL by the time you are ready to use it, which will make the maths more complex if you've already diluted it to store it.
    100mg/mL is about as easy to figure out mathematically as it gets.

When you're ready to use it, and if you're still using doublers mainly at the same nic level, it might be worth your while to mix up a bottle of 36mg/mL for convenience.

4. takeme2theXtreme

takeme2theXtreme New Member

The other thing I forgot, was to suggest using an ejuice calculator. It can help a lot when you first start mixing. My preference is eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator but I'm you'll get some other suggestions.

5. NeisonGes

NeisonGes New Member

thanks for the reply. for now i am not using the 100mg i bought but only storing it in a spare fridge. i plan to get glass dark bottles to store it but for now it is in the original plastic. i plan to stock up and put into darker glass and store in a spare fridge. i am just trying to figure out what i need to have to use it when i get to that stage. double or single etc. the doubler i use mostly is VG. most of the flavours i have so far are from vaping mad and VG. i tend to go for VG where i can or the highest mix of VG when i have to choose a ratio of both. some come from other sites but most are VG from vaping mad.
    and thanks for the calculator also!!!
    that "9.6ml of 0mg PG or VG" - stupid question maybe but are we talking diluted if i bought it in supermarkets or from juicewhore who have it available?
    i think that might be a dumb arse question but i have had a few drinks tonight and will re read this again in the morning.
    thanks so much for the assistance! i do plan to keep it stored as it arrived in the mail in case i want to alter mg later on. will just transfer to glass when i can and then store it.
    another dumb question - i read it is legal to import up to 3 months personal use supply at a time. but nowhere can i find how much that is or how often.....
    i feel like i'm .comsing trouble asking so much lol ... but i'm new and don't plan to go back to tobacco so need to think ahead a bit. from what i have read and about britain etc, i am concerned nic might become regulated sometime so stocking up would be what i'd like to do.

6. blewaycle

blewaycle New Member

CMB and noe posted a lot about using 100mg nic in this thread here:
    http://forums.canukvapers.com/e-cig...cussion/15040-heavy-smoker-trying-quit-5.html

You need to get proper high grade VG or PG, either from chemists, some health food shops, or vaping supply shops.
    Get pharma grade or food grade at least.
    There's quite a few threads about this, and it does matter. here's one I just pulled out from nowhere, but there's many more:
    http://forums.canukvapers.com/new-v...getable-glycerin-propylene-glycol-please.html

Use filberts online calc to work it out if not sure. (I prefer it to ejuice me up and other programs you have to download and install be.comse sometimes I'm on my ancient laptop with linux anyway) Filbert's Vaping Toolkit

7. LepFitle

LepFitle New Member

Glass bottles for long term storage is better than plastic bottles but in the freezer a year or so of storage in plastic is not the same as a year or so of storage outside the freezer in plastic bottles. In the Freezer very very very little change will occur long term in your juice, whether it be in plastic or glass, IMO, obviously glass is the better option since it will have less degradation than plastic over time but the amount of degradation to a plastic bottle with juice in it in the freezer is going to be miniscule.

I personally have not noticed any difference in nic stored in plastic bottles in the freezer compared to a new bottle of fresh nic, in plastic, of the same strength, from the same supplier, with the freezer stored bottle being 12 -18 months old.
    I would say though that if you plan to store nic in the freezer for 2yrs or longer that glass makes sense to use, in short term I don't believe it makes a great deal of difference.

8. jltsbtd7r

jltsbtd7r New Member

And I've been told that vg can generate bacteria over time so to only buy nic in pg especially if your planning on storing it long term. Not sure if it matters if you store it in glass in the freezer but if there's a chance my vg can .comse any harmful side effects I'll only get it in pg. ;) I'm a newby to so don't yell to loudly at me if I'm wrong, lol. ;)

9. Lone Marlin - Airborne

Lone Marlin - Airborne New Member

VG stored in the fridge or freezer is unlikely to become infected by bacteria, however there is a chance this could happen with plain VG. With VG that has nicotine in it it is even more unlikely. PG stored in or out of the fridge or freezer is extremely unlikely to become infected by microbes of any kind.

10. 3xlinks

3xlinks New Member

thanks for that info. yes i think i'd probably get the VG from somewhere like vaping mad or wherever it was i saw it on line yesterday and get the right stuff from a vaping supplier. thanks for those extra links i will check them all out. looking at the filbert's one there it looks pretty comprehensive and should be easy to use i think.

11. Imiptnill

Imiptnill New Member

i have no real idea how long i'd be storing but i will get enough that i'd say it will be more than a years worth i think. i'll be watching what happens regarding future laws but think it best to stock up a bit. i have an empty bar fridge i can use but i also have a deep freeze and it sounds like that might be a better idea in the long run. i have it in a fridge for now until i can get the needed glass bottles. then i'll put it all into those and i think the deep freezer sounds best after that.

12. RobertBelesme

RobertBelesme New Member

so far i have used products with VG or a high amount of VG. the nicotine i get from the usa is VG. that is what i'll be storing long term. the glycerine mix i feel i can probably get as needed more and not have to store long like the nic mix from overseas. so there could be plain VG without nic involved but not as much and i feel that is replaceable in the future anyway. i think i might be right about that. so the long term is VG with 100mg nic to be stored.