Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

NEW MEMBERS: Introduce yourself here!!!

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by ATHEIST IS TRUTH!, Sep 23, 2015.

1. carmelbro

carmelbro New Member

Sorry Stony, I'm usually very reliable.
    We did leave the Surf Club around 1000h today to go home and pack for the trip.
    Had to drink Black Stubbies at home instead. :)

I'm sorry I missed you.

2. flanker35

flanker35 New Member

Glad you noticed it Margy.
    You have to remember it's Flea sized. :)

3. Rick J

Rick J New Member

Omg, my wife just said this site is infested with bugs LMAO

She ain't coming back, Thanks guys "happy dance"

4. ciceron8

ciceron8 New Member

no probs mate, just happened to be passing at 14:30 or so, thought it was a long shot.
    missus was thirsty.

5. puertas hierro

puertas hierro New Member

Have a good one mate..Hope you can get your son off the caspers..Hey ya got my name right;)

6. holden13

holden13 New Member

I have a 510T and loving it. MY 80 yr old mother had a try at it and loved it so I have ordered her one too. Hopefully it will keep her off the durries.

7. apatrickmyandext2976

apatrickmyandext2976 New Member

Your never too old to vape

8. LabGrrl

LabGrrl New Member

Careful mate, you might get infested with all that fur!

9. Raphael

Raphael New Member

Hi everyone,
    Day 1 for me, as my goodies have finally arrived. Actually I was quite surprised by how quickly the HC order arrived from China - 7 days to a country town in NSW.
    I ordered a JW 510 starter kit, just to see whether I thought I would keep up with e cigs, & was initially worried that it would not be sufficient, as everyone tended to recommend something with a bit more oomph. But for me, the amount of vapour seems to be just right - I only smoked low mg cigarettes anyway, although I smoked a lot of them.

I think the dryness is going to take me a while to get used to, but am drinking water, which can only be good for me:)

I have tried the Del's Ultimate Pipe mixed with some 18 mg nic but find it a bit too strong. The menthol however, with only 11 mg nic & the butter menthol sample are good.

If I was to get some VG at Coles & add a little to the Ultimate Pipe mix I made up, would that weaken the taste a bit for me?
    (so much to learn)
    I will reserve judgement on the battery life for now, as I also got a USB passthrough, & so much of my smoking is done at the computer anyway. And for when I go out I have also got the Personal Charging Case, so hopefully that will keep me pretty well covered.

10. elesypitta3331

elesypitta3331 New Member

Welcome 60's... Adding VG will weaken it off a bit (Depending on how much you add), maybe even add enough to drop it to aroung 14mg Then your flavour loss hopefully won't be as bad.
    As to the 510 kit, don't stress too much if you don't feel the 'need' to upgrade to an ego or 'mod' as my partner is still on his 510 kit that we brought to start with, whilst I have moved on to genesis and VV so you can certainly be satisfied whilst not spending a fortune on the 'latest and greatest'.

Anyways, good luck and happy vaping :)

Sam

11. meareme

meareme New Member

Hi and welcome Sixties
    I started off with a JW starter kit 9 months ago and still use it on a daily basis. I have heaps of other gear but anything that gets you started is good.
    You do realise now you will be spending hours on the internet researching :):)

12. horsti666

horsti666 New Member

Yes I know!
    But have been doing that off & on for a little while now, & this last week has been a constant check on.comspost's tracking site - lol.

I have decided after one day that
    a) I haven't felt the need for a real ciggie all day
    but
    b) I think the menthol flavour is the way to go for me personally, but find the menthol I got from JW just does not have enough , shall I say, artic cooling or bite that I expected.
    I really want to order another starter kit from JW for a friend, as I think it is a good kit (genuine Ego stuff) & easy to set up, & she tried it today & was really impressed. I just want a stronger menthol hit.

BTW - I am in my 60's & my friend in her 70's - so if this gets us off a lifetime of cigarette smoking it will be a miracle!! :)) - but jI ust want to find a menthol flavour that has a bit more bite.
    And I'm a bit confused & frustrated be.comse if I order bits & pieces from different places I'm going to end up with huge shipping/postage costs.

13. John Doe 1st

John Doe 1st New Member

Hi sixties

Seems we have a little in common with regard to age. Your age , not your friends!!

Any way congratulations, you have made a splendid start and I wish you well. You already have the kit, and for now canuk vendors are the way to go for flavors. Try Vapeking for the menthol. Other.coms vendors sell, but the only menthol I have tried was from there. They also have a couple of minty ones that are fine.

Good luck

14. CatteSop

CatteSop New Member

Hi Sixties I have only been vaping for a month and was a menthol smoker. I love Wicked Mint from Vapebar. Local suppier and postage is $7.
    I am now completely off the ciggies and very bloody proud of myself.

15. sijad

sijad New Member

Thanks for that Robray.

I have found the sampler of butter menthol I got from JW was a bit stronger & more satisfying than the menthol...its just that when you look at postage etc, you try to fit it all in the one bill.

But I have amazed even myself - I knew I was genuine & really wanted this to work, & started out on some e-cig (disposable) that a local tobacconist was selling. I still have no idea whether it had nicotine in it, as I thought it was banned here...but anyway, we (my elderly friend & I ) decided to try it. We thought it was OK - maybe a good starting point, but also felt like we were sucking our cheeks down our throats trying to get any vapour - also the taste wasn't all that great, although one I got (a Mango one) was reasonable enough.
    But now that I have my 510 kit, the vapour is just right for me - I just need to get the flavours right.
    The Del's Ultimate Pipe was way too strong for me- the menthol didn't have enough 'kick' & the butter menthol, although very very nice, was just a tad too sweet for all day use...but great in between use.

So really I'm just looking for a good menthol flavour, maybe the concentrate from JW - but I just want to order the 510 starter kit from JW for my friend, as I have found it to be genuine, easy to set up for us old gals - plus don't want to give her a bum steer onto a generic brand, once she tried mine & liked it.
    But hey - I'm a happy camper if I haven't felt the need for a real ciggie all day!

I must say though, that when my friend was looking at cutting costs, she thought about not getting the USB passthrough - but as I said to her - this is the ONE thing I would insist upon (she spends a lot of time on the computer playing Scrabble online, as I do, & for both of us, this is the time we tend to smoke the most - so for the extra $20 it is in my mind well worth it)

16. vavxyol02n

vavxyol02n New Member

Thanks cigfree - I might give that a try - although their 510 starter pack is a bit dearer than JW - but its only a few measly dollars - lets face it - if the flavour suits you, what's a couple of dollars more if you're going to be successful.
    Thanks for the recommendation.

17. tvhaqegoay

tvhaqegoay New Member

BIG WELCOME SIXTIES

[​IMG]

18. Dave

Dave New Member

Wow - thanks for that Margyb - I really & truly am thinking I'm going to make a go of all this.
    Well, just in one day I have saved $20 or more - so yeah - can only expect bigger & better things.

I was a bit sceptical - thought that it would only be the psychological advantage thingy & might soon loose interest - but after 40 years of smoking, well- I can't say enough.
    I thought it was going to be a HUGE habit to break - but nope - feeling perfectly satisfied on what I have got.
    I used to get very edgy if I didn't have enough smokes to last me through the night & into mid-morning when I could get to the shops.
    But quite happy now. :))

It makes a big difference to your edginess.

And at a fraction of the cost of the the real cigs.

19. SmartA$$

SmartA$$ New Member

Hi Guys,

Been vaping for about 1 month now. Really enjoying it. Thought i'd introduce myself on here.

Got myself the following gear and loving every second of vaping so far!

2x ego-c twist 650mah
    DCT tank with 1.5ohm dual coils cartos
    1x Provari v2 (18650 x3 batt's and the extender cap, and the normal charger they send you with noalox)
    1x Liquinator tank with a collection of kanger cartos and boge carto's (a couple of 2.0ohm and 3.0ohm)

I initially purchased an ego-t starter kit with a sample pack from greenhouse one.

It was ok.... but i thought there was a better way... that's when i found some helpful people and got me on the right track and got the above.

Now i'm just waiting on an order from Clouds of Vapor for some decent juice and my carto's and punch :)

Thanks for reading!
    m0n

20. stephanieav60

stephanieav60 New Member

Hi mon4g3

Welcome!!

As a newbie, you are well kitted out with your gear. Nice choices to continue on the road to a longer life!!! Apart from the actual Vaping, most of your time from hereon will be spent stalking the postie!!! Have fun