Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

New member, New RDA user. HELP please :)

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by Alelvehes, Jul 20, 2015.

1. itzwwcs54s

itzwwcs54s New Member

Thank you so much ! Going to experiment tomorrow haha if i get any other questions; hope its okay to ask you. Cheers mate ! ( from Sydney) haha

2. roroperez

roroperez New Member

Hello and welcome to Nu-Vapor!! Sorry but I replied to your first post. and here it is I hope it helps at least a bit.

Ohms law can be confusing to many. Knowing the amp rating of your battery is essential! Especially if your interested in wrapping sub ohm coils. a sub ohm coil is anycoil that meters below 1ohm. If you have a smart phone then ohms law calculator can help you to determine these factors and make sure your operating safely. I believe vapoer's toolbox was also mentioned. it also is a great tool for those just beginning to build coils.
    Back to calculating..If you know two of the factors, say voltage and resistance aka ohms or Ω, then you can calculate wattage and amperage that you'll be generating. All li po batts that we use are labeled 3.7 volts no matter if they are 18650,18350,18490,18500, 14500,26650, et cetera but in actuality they hold 4.2volts hot off the charger so for voltage you will enter 4.2 in the ohms law calculator. That number will never change since a single li po battery can hold no more voltage than 4.2. Now you'll need to know the resistance of your atomizer or its ohms. Lets say your atomizer is wrapped to a resistance of .8Ω. Now you can calculate and with these numbers, you would be running just over 22 watts ( watts = Power ) and pulling 5.25 amps. Also I will include some pictures that may help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. lovemature22

lovemature22 New Member

hahaha thanks for that ! yup ive got how it works now :) ive got a dual coil wrapped around a 1.8mm screw which gave me a reading of 0.25ohms which is giving me a 16.8amp reading. So that means im in the safe zone because im not pushing 20amps

4. Trust and Believe

Trust and Believe New Member

Thats producing 70.56 watts. You may find that uncomfortably hot......and the amps at 16.8 isn't leaving you much head room for safety. I would suggest you bring the ohms (resistance) up to 0.4 or higher for a more pleasant vape and a bigger safety margin.
    Also when you're using dual coils the total resistance is half the resistance of one coil not double. So if took one coil out your ohms would go up to double what you have now and be 0.5 ohms. Have fun but stay SAFE.