Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

New member, New RDA user. HELP please :)

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by Alelvehes, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Alelvehes

Alelvehes New Member

Hey peeps ! get yourself comfortable as it may be a long one.. sorry :'(

Well ive received my FIRST rda which is a Patriot RDA on a Nemesis mod. Ive got an Efest 3.7V 2000mAh battery and also got myself an Ohm's Reader. Im currently learning how to make coils BUT before i use it and before i learn anything else i want to know how the Ohms law works.. It says to put in Voltage, Current, Resistance and power but i have no idea what they are :( so pretty much im at point 1 of this RDA road haha. Ive tried testing some coils out and was wondering how do i get a lower ohms reading ? ive used a 26 gauge kenthal with a 2mm screw with 6 wraps but barely any vape comes out.. so here is what the questions i am asking

1. How does the Ohms law work and how would i calculate it with my mech mod so im safe ? Need to be a bit detailed as im not too familiar with volts, watts, amps
    2. How do i get more vape ?
    3. How do i make lower ohms coils?
    4. Is having a lower ohm coil a main factor to more vape?

Sorry its a bit long but i do want to learn. If you guys think i should be learning something else before anything please let me now and guide me to the right way haha i dont want to go back to smoking cigarettes :O

Thanks for your help guys !

2. unclebob23

unclebob23 New Member

1st up, ditch the efest batteries [what colour are they btw?] and buy something better, AW, samsung, LG, sony all make good batteries

for ohms law, put 4.2 volts for a mech, and your resistance that you built your coil with. read what it says about current/amps and compare that to the capability of your battery [look up the specs online]

you can get more vapour by opening the afc to a bigger opening

if you are new to rda maybe start with single coil 30awg wire to get the feel and build up your skills, a 1.3 ohm coil or there abouts can still crank the vapour if done right

3. tike

tike New Member

Its a red one. I was thinking of getting the vtr5 samsung one? heard thats good. How would i make a coil to hit around 1.3 Ohms? and would you be able to give me a link to the spec?

4. moxcjkx8n

moxcjkx8n New Member

http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/wordpress/battery-information/

those batteries are rated for 10amps, but i wouldn't take it passed about half of that

maybe try an 8 wrap single coil to get the process down. it should come in somewhere around 1ohm on a 2mm bit and be safe with your battery until you can upgrade

make sure your coil is lined up with the air intake, and towards the outer edge of the rda withut touching. als make sure screws are firmly holding wire down

if that doesn't produce enough then go lower and dual coil once you upgrade your batteries

others might have more ideas too

5. Phreako

Phreako New Member

hmm i see so when i get a better battery, i can make a dual coil ? so how would i make a low ohm coil for more vape? Ill be drilling some more air holes in it aswell and also be getting some more vg based liquid. Lower wraps will make more vape? sorry for all these questions

6. andilpfm

andilpfm New Member

yes about better batteries meaning you can go lower on ohms

for vapor production, part of it is surface area of the coil, in general between 6 and 9 wraps will give a nice vape, more will heat too slow and less will taste burnt. some people use kanthal ribbon wire to increase surface area instead of round wire. twisted wire is another option. less wraps is less ohms, but sometimes you need to increase your wire diameter/lower gauge to get more wraps out of a lower resistance

26 gauge like you have should be good down to about 0.4 ohm for a dual coil once you get decent batteries

7. obbg6pwppvd

obbg6pwppvd New Member

ahh i see now.. so what would you do if you wanted to get the most vapor with a 26 gauge wire? and what ohms would you be aiming to achieve that? eg. on a 2mm screw, wrap 6 times, dual coil will give you around 0.XX ohms

8. Dr. Octagonapus

Dr. Octagonapus New Member

do you have an android phone or tablet? "vaper's toolbox" is a nifty little app that lets you calculate wraps etc

i use a 1.5mm bit to give a warmer vape, and 6 wraps of 27 gauge dual coils comes in around 0.38 ohm. being a bigger drill bit and 26 gauge would change that a bit

i mostly vape around 0.5 ohm, so much vaper my house is coated in VG residue

9. paashaas

paashaas New Member

Ohh sweet ! Thats what i want haha so which combination would give the most vape with my 26 gauge ? Ive also ordered a 24 gauge

10. Cheetah_K

Cheetah_K New Member

since you want the most coil surface in contact with the wick to vaporise more juice i'd guess that 8 wraps would output plumes. i think your RDA is 22mm though, so that might be a bit cold and you might be better with 6 wraps or so to warm it up a bit. You'll really have to experiment with it within your batteries limits

11. we69

we69 New Member

Hmm yeah im also confused about the battery safety.. do i test out if im in the safezone using the ohms law ? Still confused about how the ohms law works haha.. so sorry with all these questions

12. jack h

jack h New Member

it's ok, don't worry

different batteries will take more amps. with a sony vtc4 or vtc5 if you can get them, they are rated for 30amp continuous discharge, for safety sake most would advise not pushing them past 20amp, which is just over 0.2 ohm. the vtc are hard to get now though, and more readily available batteries tend to be rated lower. so long as you stay under about 2/3 of the rated continuous discharge amps and check for shorts [before dry burning, then before wicking, then again with the cap on]

13. idcrqydblackeforum.xxx

idcrqydblackeforum.xxx New Member

Okay i see cause im getting myself 2 vtc5 in a few days and how would i measure the amps ?

14. fan69

fan69 New Member

15. Prince

Prince New Member

Should i be looking at the power or current ?

16. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

the current is the amps

power is how many watts you are using, which is handy if you want to convert to a regulated mod like a dna 30 to know what to set it at

17. Jushkie

Jushkie New Member

Oooooh i get it now so i shouldnt go oast .2 ohms cause then itll be over 21amps which isnt recommended because i may cause problems i see ! And 1 more thing. It says i should do ×/x amount of wraps. What does that mean?

18. tazm

tazm New Member

some atomisers have the pins so you need wire pointing in opposite directions, so you can't do the last wrap as a full one, it needs to be half or 3/4. so x/x wraps might be 7/6 meaning 7 wraps, but the last one is a half wrap to get wire direction right to the contacts

19. 60 Million Voted Me

60 Million Voted Me New Member

Ahhh i see thought so haha would it be okay to just do 7 wraps on each coil ? Would it cause problems if i dont ? Thank you soo much. I have learnt so much already but still got heaps to learn !

20. aobbymaarleyay2836

aobbymaarleyay2836 New Member

7 is ok, just make sure the ends of the wire point towards your screws or holes to pin them in your attie