Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

My first DIY :)

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by kazuyabo, Nov 13, 2015.

1. ?????? ???????????

?????? ??????????? New Member

2. tinnahill23

tinnahill23 New Member

Hi Jeff,
    Just an idea, but i have been wondering about this myself.......
    Distilling is another hoby of mine and i have noticed the majority of flavourings for adding to spirits contain PV.
    There are quite a few fifferent scotch flavourings which might be able to be used in your DIY?

3. sunday1994

sunday1994 New Member

Yes once I perfected the process, I was thinking of branching into using scotch, maybe adding a dried vanilla bean pod, maybe cinnamon stick, but lately cinnamon has had a bad name with vaping, so maybe not. If It actually turns out really well, I thinking about a long term aging process, But for that sort of investment I would probably have to open a business. But before I get ahead of myself I need to get this process tweaked. I might buy some lab equipment this week.
    I also used to run a still back in Canada, I used to distill all my brews that I didn't like, like wines, I grew my own grapes, currents, hops, raspberries, cherries and apples back in Canada that I used for home brews.
    Jeff

4. scip779io

scip779io New Member

There are 3 things that could be clogging your coils: Oils, sugars, or sediment.

You can control all 3 in the extraction process or deal with them afterwards. A cold extraction will keep sugars and oils to a minimum. Keeping the tobacco as intact as possible will help with sediment.

Post extraction, you can skim oils from the top. Sugars can be fermented with a long steep. Get sediment out with layered coffee filters, cotton ball filtering, decanting, or by centrifugal force. Here is a good DIY centrifuge for the cost conscious - http://www.popsci.com/diy/article/2013-07/how-build-your-own-diy-centrifuge

5. xxamethystnightxx

xxamethystnightxx New Member

Hi welcome to the forum and thread, The link you posted comes up with "Page Unavailable" dead link
    Thanks
    Jeff

6. 15 MoRe WkS 2 g0!!

15 MoRe WkS 2 g0!! New Member

Worked for me Jeff

7. Oscar911

Oscar911 New Member

crap I keep getting

Page Unavailable

8. Connie S

Connie S New Member

I will repost it here so you can see it. I know most people don't have a 3D printer just sitting around, but with a little ingenuity, anyone can come up with a similar solution with stuff that is laying around the house.

9. You remembered?

You remembered? New Member

I was just having a think about the colour of the steeps (if yours is anything like mine), and I recalled that when I was making home made spirits (brewed) that I added activated charcoal to the mix to knock the colour out and it settled at the bottom of the demijong, with the now crystal clear liquid then being siphoned off. It may be worth a trial?

10. abradatvanovy3851

abradatvanovy3851 New Member

In another life I used Benoite for clearing wine. Still available at DIY Brew shops. Works the same way as GT's charcoal

11. aksinyan

aksinyan New Member

Thanks Rob, it may have been that instead (it was a long, long time ago, and I'm not 31 :))) anymore)

12. fljoe

fljoe New Member

Hey Rob, went to the home brew shop today ... and it's closed down :( Anyway, I googled "benoite" and found it to be a boy's name :D However, "bentonite" is the stuff we (?) are after. Reading it's description, it's used as "finings" in home brews. Ah, I can buy that from Coles :)

So I'm going to try some on my steeps, do you want me to post my findings here Jeff?

13. kensi

kensi New Member

Did you receive you pipe ejuice I sent you? What did you think if so?
    Jeff

14. do either of you guys, canukvapes or gtadmin or anyone else have any updates on how your steeps are going?

15. pasyaereyu

pasyaereyu New Member

Well I was vaping some from the first batch last Saturday, Its not a super strong flavour, but Its definitely a cigar/pipe tobacco flavour, I think I used too much vodka, its kind of thin and gurgles on high volts but at 4-5V it vapes great, I like it better than around 80% tobacco vapes, Ive tried maybe 50 or so, So this is a good method, The cheap coffee grinder is really the best way to make it steepable (is that even a word, lol), be.comse it does increase the steepability of the tobacco ten fold. I have another Idea that I'll tryout this weekend and see how it goes, Basically I have a really large thermos around 2L, it keeps boiling coffee hot for over 12 hrs, I was thinking of using that a steeping vessel. That way I could cut out vodka completely, Just VG.
    Jeff

16. axgrmjuazmngx

axgrmjuazmngx New Member

thanks for the update, and thanks for documenting all your efforts to date - valuable information for budding self "steepers" (if thats even a word!)

17. xatan

xatan New Member

I might add some black cherry concentrate and maybe a little vanilla, I'll try it first and see how it goes.
    Jeff

18. flanker35

flanker35 New Member

I just checked, If anyone needs a coffee grinder and buy that one online the shipping is $10 so $22 total including shipping
    Jeff

19. lru00

lru00 New Member

ok I couldn't wait, lol after 2hrs of steeping I opened the thermos and it was still boiling hot, I removed the water and opened the bottle, It smelled 100% the same as the pipe tobacco, my spider senses are tingling this is going to be the best method yet, and the easiest, cheapest, quickest, the coffee thermos I used 1.8L. hmmm I might have to buy another :)
    I also might grind some coffee next weekend and make a small coffee batch :) and see how that works out :)
    Jeff

20. yakamoz.00

yakamoz.00 New Member

ok after 9hrs of soaking in boiling water in thermos I just had to try it :) The water was still as hot as when I poured it :) the bottle was really hot.
    Let me tell you that the scent was spot on, I quickly poured some into a protank and vaped it, I didn't even filter it :), It vaped as good as it smelled, Finally I think I'm really happy with it, I'm getting some burning out my nose, I think its be.comse its not filtered, tomorrow I'm going filter and add nic to it.\ and report back the outcome.
    Jeff