Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

MrPuffer test units

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by Mrs.ZacEfron, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Ben from Alienvision made it for me, I love it. He is a cool guy.

2. LuisM

LuisM Guest

I am late with the pictures I promised, Getting things up and running took much more than I thought it would. But I am back on track. Heres pics of this weeks painted units. All but the silver one are clearcoated and will be assembled soon. I plan to have them in the mail late monday as I work eight to five all week for my main job so all shipping is done at end of day

[​IMG]

And for a special treat, here is a toy I have been playing with. They are not for sale but this one is pretty cool as a proof of concept. Behold the MP1XL, it uses a 3x AA box and with the extra space I use unmodded bottles and included usb charging. Havent tested it a a passthrough yet as its not what I built it as. When you plug it in a led will go red to indicate charging and when it is fully charged it the led turns green.

Honestly though, the box is 50% bigger than my normal MP1 and I don't really like the larger size. Please do not ask to purchase one, when I am caught up on my normal mp1 orders and have tested it for a long period of time I will let you guys know about the possibility of selling them. I will most likely sell small batches of them from time to time if I can fit it in but trust me, when you see what I am working on next you will understand why this unit is not receiving my full attention.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Christine!

Christine! Guest

I like the atty on MP1XL :) Is that anyhow a clue on what you planin on making next?

4. Dafydd

Dafydd Guest

Just got some information yesterday that I decided is important to pass on. Some low resistance attys seem to have a slightly larger ID than stock 510s. This means that although my 510 units have a 510 cart, they don't fit snuggly. Solution is simple enough. The 901 carts fit perfectly. I will be making pre modded carts available on my site as well as pre modded bottles so that you can order a 901 cart if you intend on using some brands of LR attys.

One other thing I have heard is that carts can melt at the bottom if you use a high drain battery combined with a low resistance atty. For the time being I recommend using one or the other but not both. If you really gotta have the extra umph the cart will most likely need to be trimmed back about 2mm.

I have tested my units for months and have not melted a single cart, even when using low resistance attys. But I never used a high drain battery with a low resistance atty so as soon as I got feedback about a potential problem I wanted to inform you all as well as figuring out how to properly address the issue.

5. MitchS

MitchS Guest

How much for the 901 cart? because i definetly plan on using my LR atty on my puffer when it gets here! And would like to get it in the same shipment if possible!

6. BUDLT

BUDLT Guest

Same question here :)

7. BB//

BB// Guest

Most likely will be $2.75 for the carts. Also I am trying o rings to see if they will seal the carts, if it works well, no aditional carts will be needed. Would have tested it today but I have a lot of work to do. I will include a o ring with every order if this works well.

8. jleon_

jleon_ Guest

Ya i was thinking about an o-ring... :)
    K let us know.

9. BijuV

BijuV Guest

My last batch went so fast I figured I would make let you all know, next batch becomes available today at 5pm eastern time. Last batch sold out in just seven hours.

New additions this week are the 510 versions. No need to leave a note in your order anymore. If I do sell out of the 510's fast, I will adjust next batch accordingly. I try to listen to what my customers want. As a result, more changes....

Discover card is now accepted.
    Canadian and UK shipping should be an option. (please let me know if it works)

10. JuanB

JuanB Guest

Just ordered my 2nd Mr.Puffer YaY

11. HazyDaisy

HazyDaisy Guest

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!! just got mine in! knew it would be in yesterday or today... and for some reason i did not think to charge some batts ahead of time! doh!

and wow these suckers are small!

12. canadianguy

canadianguy Guest

whats the update on the cart situation Mr puff???

13. Well 901 whistle tips fit nhaler LR 510 attys just fine and are a snug fit in standard attys. I will be using 901 whistle tips on all future orders. The orings were ok but not to my liking, I need to try more but time is something I am always short on.

Other suppliers are offering LR attys now and from what I have heard they are the normal 510 ID so they fit snugger.

14. Maura

Maura Guest

hmm probably will get some of those 901 whistle tip ones from ya when they are offered, i much prefer whistle tip over the round.

finally have a battery going and playing with mine, its damn amazing that you fit some much in such a small box!

i seem to be having problems with the filler though, will likely pull it out and use blue foam instead, poly sucks imo and mine is moveing around and getting pushed way down into the cart, and does not seem to be wicking well, getting a harsh throat hit so either the atty is not staying wet enough, or there is something up with my atty as my wifes does not have the harshness, will check back with results

15. Really check the atty, I have a few that are bunt tasting and quite harsh, thought it was the juice I used but no matter what juice I put in it I still had nasty taste. Put in a new atty, no issues at all and tastes great. Also dont be afraid to hold the bottle down for a while, four to eight seconds depending how much polyfill you use. As far as it being pushed way up in the cart, it is not a issue really, all that is important is the filler touches the bridge and since the bridge pushes the filler into place it assures you get contact. Let me know how it works and feel free to try blue foam, it may flood a bit easier but not really an issue.

Thanks for the kind word,I went through several styles of unit design till I decided on the current one. It is tough to fit all that in a tiny box but thats one of the nice things about a MrPuffer.

16. beenthere

beenthere Guest

o-O yah something is up with the atty, on the 510 batt it works fine, but on the mrpuffer it seems to get to hot, it slightly melted the rim of the cart o-O my other atty does not do this. they are both real joyce 510 atties, interesting well i have had these 2 atties since I started vaping like 2 months ago, about due for one to go out on me

17. Magnixk

Magnixk Guest

ok after half a day of messing with the filler and the fitting tube, and mostly breaking in a new atty this thing is vaping like a champ! i love it!

after trying for awhile i stuck with the polyfill just needed to remove a bit more of it for it to work well for me.

Also the "fitting hose" (which is a brilliant method btw, beats using some small copper fitting) was pushed all the way to the other side of the cart agenst the wall of the cart, I pulled it our a little and that seems to work much better. on that note i had an idea, push it all the way in like it was and poke a few small holes in the tube inside the cart, that way it would wet the filler more evenly, I might try this later today, hmm this could be used as well to make it work well for dripping without the filler, plug the end of the tube with silicon or whatnot and poke a hole in the tube right in the middle of the cart directly above the bridge. hmmm. anyway just a few thoughs.

I love my MP1!!

18. tardis_mom

tardis_mom Guest

Order date 9th is it shipping today????????? Pleaseeee order# 1127

19. Ferny

Ferny Guest

It's Here!!!

I went with the Clear Box,Color Change LED and a 510 connection.

First impression...

It looks like a Box Mod, The Plastic Case snaps together slightly different than my other Box Mods.

Build Quality:
    Not bad, he really packed in a lot of stuff in a very small package.
    I'm happy with my choice, I must say the Clear Box and Color Change LED makes the unit look very interesting, you sure know when it is on.

Assembly:
    Assembly is minimal, Install a charged 14500, Wet the Cart, load up the liquid, Install the end of the Tube and you are good to go.

Pumping / Filling:
    This is taking a little time to get right, seems to be doing the job well, but I'm sure the more I play with it the best technique will become obvious.
    The Tube does draw back some liquid, I have been trying out a "Pump and Hold" method to soak the Filler.
    I have not flooded the Atty yet.

Finger hole:
    Well not a design problem, but this is one area I need to make a minor change as I have FAT Fingers, making the hole slightly longer for my fat fingers will do wonders.

Hose, Tubing & Bottle:
    The components seem to be working well, I have been pumping a lot trying to get the best technique down, no leaking with the unit on its side, standing and even upside down.
    Bottle is a standard 3Mil and a nice tight fit in the battery bay.

Vapor / TH:
    Nice, Hits as well as any 510 / 14500 combo.

Overall:
    Cool Little thing, it will be going with me to work along with my normal Vape supply's.
    I'm happy with the unit and the build quality.

"Madness"

20. angie.

angie. Guest

I just got mine in today and have been using it for the last 6 hours now. I am very happy with this little thing, it does what he says and what you expect it to do and draws great with my 510. Cant wait to do more business with you Mr. P.