Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Moving from EGO pen to mod need advise/help/point in right direction

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by vankatram, Jan 23, 2016.

1. vankatram

vankatram New Member

Hey everyone,
    I've been on these forums for a few months and picked up vaping for the first time 3 sept this yr.
    I'm ready to make the move from the EGO Evod to a mod.
    I'm starting to get sick of vaping on this pen, the draw just seems so small to little vapour and I'm almost positive i'm barely getting that much flavor out of the evod compared to what other people are getting.
    All though it is a great starter kit but just isn't giving me that edge.

I'd really like something that can draw decent clouds and isn't to expensive.
    I have no idea what I should get so what I'm asking any of you readers/posters on this forum is if you can help hook me up with a decent mod.

List of links I'm after to check out the mod
    -Links to a battery that works with the mod
    & a mod
    -Tank
    I was pretty interested in the stingray clone but can't find it any where.

with a MOD what else do I need besides just the battery and mod itself? I've never seen someone use one before besides on a youtube video.
    I'd like one that gives a decent cloud will last the test of time & preferably has pre made coils that I can order on a canadan site for posting would be good.

Stingray with a .comtilus tank would be cool but I don't know if it would work.
    Anything else I should know about mods?
    I'm not interested in a "BOX" mod. well not yet anyway, but if you know of a decent one and have advise on how to set it up that'd be cool, where would I buy the wick/wire for it?

Looking @ $100-$300 price range preferably under $200

2. Rubym

Rubym New Member

The Stingray is a mechanical mod, which means it's a tube that delivers power straight from the battery to your atomiser/tank. It has no ability to raise or lower the power to tailor your vape, and no protection should something go wrong. Unless you're building your own coils, performance will be worse than with your ego battery. If you stick to a regulated, electronic device, there are so many great options in your price range. The SVD 2.0 from Innokin has just come out, the 7/22, the Sigelei 30 watt - try searching "regulated tube mod". Combined with a .comtillus or Silo tank with BVC (bottom vertical coil) heads -- you won't be disappointed.

3. oswaldeugene

oswaldeugene New Member

4. Hershey

Hershey New Member

I second vapetoomuch with his suggestion for the silo tank

And second brianC suggestion for the eleaf istick 20w mod. For its compact size and usb charging. But Vapetoo much recommend the SVD 2.0 dna20 and it is a far better mod in my opinion. It has the option of 18350 or 18630 batteries so it can be compact if thats your preference. And being able to swap out a flat battery for a fully charged battery is a better option.

http://houseofvape.com.com/vape/clearomizer-tanks/silo-tank-kit-by-beyond-vape/

http://houseofvape.com.com/vape/mods-vvvw/innokin-svd-2-0-dna20-mod/

http://houseofvape.com.com/vape/chargers/nitecore-sysmax-i2-intelligent-charger-v2/

http://houseofvape.com.com/vape/mod-batteries/mnke-imr-18650-1500mah-flat-top-battery/

http://houseofvape.com.com/vape/mod-batteries/efest-imr-18350-button-top/

And a couple of packs of coils

http://houseofvape.com.com/vape/clearomizer-coils/aspire-.comtilusmini-bvc-bottom-vertical-coil/

All from a single canadan vendor and around your $200 ball park. And this is a solid setup. I own a dna20 mod and the chipset are made by the most reputable regulated mod company IMHO. and the SILO tank, I've not used myself but have heard nothing but positive feedback and are the best clearomizer-tanks on the market that I know of.
    This is workhorse hassle free setup. I'd recommend to anyone who wants a great vape without getting involved with rebuildable coil atomizers.

5. 24fourinaday

24fourinaday New Member

Hi dsper, being fairly new to vaping myself (4 months), I believe staying away from mech mods (stingray) would be our best bet without the knowledge of battery safety and ohm's law. Since the day I bought myself an Aspire .comtilus I have not only started disgusted from cigarettes, I have also started falling into love with vaping. And the key part of this success was .comtilus BVC coils and finding a good all day vape juice. Currently stepped up my game upgrading my .comtilus into Silo Tank (more airy draws due to bigger airhole, bigger clouds, uses the same BVC coils) and an IPV2s (vw box mod) and I'm loving it! Below are the links you can purchase my favorite gear. All canadan Vendors which means supporting our community and also quick postage advantage. And they are all lovely people who provides after sale support.

Aspire .comtilus and BVC coils
    Steam-e-cigs | Aspire .comtilus w/BVC
    Steam-e-cigs | Aspire .comtilus BVC Coils

Lovely Juice (My favorites are, Apple Hookah, Plime, Blizzard, Fairy Fart)
    Steam-e-cigs | Steam-e-Juice

Ipv2s Box Mod
    iPV2s 60 Watt Box Mod | VapourEyes

Or if you have the bucks :)
    Steam-e-cigs | ProVari P3 - ProVari + accessories - Products

Silo Tank
    Silo Tank Kit By Beyond Vape | House of Vape

And as for the batteries I would recommend Sony Vtc4s or Vtc5s.

All the best with your journey mate. Cheers.

6. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    When I started up I decided not to use too much money on my kit, just in case I didn't like it. So far I'm really happy with it.