Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Mod module v1 feature discussion

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by Gnarnia 1337, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Zoomer

Zoomer New Member

been using this to test the code since i charged it up last night, i must admit .. despite its ugly, its a real performer.
    I have some bugs to work out, no overpowered hits at all trashing attys though.

[​IMG]

usually been running at the 8 to 9w region, went through a tank of juice pretty quickly.

still on 55% duty at 8W, not sure of precise battery level at the moment as the current code is displaying raw A/D data for voltage and current.
    I will change back to loaded battery volts later and seehow long the mod will run for 3ml so far..

its a bit misleading with these cells as they are about 10 years old and borderline sick. Being recovered from a laptop battery unused for years, some where well under 3v. i think these 2 where so internal R is a bit up from usual.
    if it can put out 20W with these, it likely will with smaller cells.

2. howtodeal2008

howtodeal2008 New Member

well it starting being stupid today and hardly firing.
    charged the batterys .. one took 205mAh and the other took 1468mAh. charger said it was 2.5v at charge start.
    these where both charged similarly on friday so I have severe battery issues with one of them, but I guess the thing used just over 200mAh to go through about 5ml of juice at the 8W mark. about a day and a half for me. unless my charger had a brain fart..
    This thing should go a good part of a week anyway on a couple of good size cells.

3. qbuvnfqgnd

qbuvnfqgnd New Member

4. Eris

Eris New Member

I'd need a 6FET controller ;)

5. chasmodeee1

chasmodeee1 New Member

if you attached that to a truck starter motor .. the truck would start and then the motor would die..

enough mosfets thats capable of 16000W into a 0.1Ω atty .. you really want to go there ?

6. dizzyjnry6041

dizzyjnry6041 New Member

so , this thingy , 1 can run 2 atty's if its fed 6v ?
    umm if i say umm had 4 of them
    how much room would they need
    do they get hot
    was thinking about this at work today
    ive got a beast that needs to be tamed somewhat

7. justwatchin

justwatchin New Member

I was actually wondering how you would go about making a home made mod. I've always been into making building things and how things work in particular. Actually back in school I scored 97% for mechanical reasoning in some career test and the careers advisor was amazed haha. Only thing is though, I have next to no knowledge in this field. Anything I could read up on?

8. jacovicky

jacovicky New Member

it will run more than 2 attys depending on resistance
    its going to be made for 10A plus, lets say 10A is safe .. it should be 11 though.
    battery voltage max is 8.4 volts, so 0.84Ω call a minimum.

if you want one for .. lets say .. 8 attys .. i could probably knock something up..
    just for you billy.

it does not get hot at all.

9. Dr. Octagonapus

Dr. Octagonapus New Member

Any ETA on whenthese will be ready to go out Stoney?

10. sashe94

sashe94 New Member

not yet.. still got a bunch of work to do on them, i am not going to rush out something like this.
    trying to decide whether a balance circuit is required. i am tempted to short cut version 1 and make it so you need to pull out the batterys to charge.
    i think inbuilt charging is worth it tho.

11. Nancy T

Nancy T New Member

Hmm how about a general idea then, before xmas?

12. tiara22

tiara22 New Member

oh for sure !
    plans where by the end of this month, sometime in october I expect.
    I have not had time to work on it lately with the exposure the meter has got, so it got delayed a little.

13. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

؟?؟?؟?؟......

14. Invetaneata

Invetaneata New Member

+1 on the inbuilt charger ... I think I would trust a Stoney Charger a little more to be kind on batteries than a cheap charlie one most of us run to charge them

15. hoanghonht

hoanghonht New Member

Yep, I would only want inbuilt charging. If it's being boxed, it's got to be LiPo batteries. :)