Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Mechanical mod owners...question

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by graphicdesigner, Jun 15, 2015.

1. occam

occam New Member

Not even close. These silly butt banger switches, unless meticulous cleaned often, quickly develop a layer of insulating oxides and the parasitic resistance they add leads to current loss and misfires No high quality, real switch would ever use brass for contact material.

Ever watched this mechanical elistist's reviews?

[​IMG]

It should be quite obvious he's so used to misfires that he has gotten into the habit of always checking to see it it's firing before he vapes.

A high quality real switch like on a SilverBullet leaves that crap in the dust.

The old telegraph key switch approach was quickly abandonded once switches were actually used for carrying current.

A two centuries ago approach to deal with and keep oxidation at bay.

[​IMG]

2. Dave

Dave New Member

that comment alone tells me you have never held or owned one,,,most of those mods use copper contact points

yes ,they need cleaned,just like every other mod out there !! but not meticulously

3. ktommy

ktommy New Member

Seeing switches (like the one on the Silver Bullet) are merely another mechanical device to close the circuit your logic is flawed here.

Brass contacts inside the switch can and will oxidize as well as a mechanical switch say on a GGTS.

Even tact switches used in most Power rregulared PVs can experience oxidation as well. So is the fact of life. The onlt way around this is to pick the highest quality of metal from the top of the Noble Metals list which is gold and will not tarnish or oxidize but has been proven that it is not the best conductor as compared to other metals
    used today with minimal cleaning required.

Why JC holds his mod to his ears has me clueless unless he is not keeping his mods contacts clean. Mechanical or not every mod need regular maintenance to keep it performing at optimum levels of conductivity.

4. agelasfrances1952

agelasfrances1952 New Member

lol.. I love it.

However, most of the mech mod fanbois would be hard-pressed to swing that big bitch with their limp wrists and all. Especially after carrying a huge bag of spare batteries all day. :D

Btw.... I can do 6Amps or 30Watts on my dual 18650 VV mod. No cutoff, either, and it's the exact same hit from beginning to end.

[​IMG]

5. darek6

darek6 New Member

what is a "congestus" ?? pics ?

6. Ava is Dank <3

Ava is Dank <3 New Member

This:

[video=youtube;_orTNYNRqgM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_orTNYNRqgM[/video]

Bigazz 26650 telescope mod from Germany.

Or, ya could just get a Stinger for under $100... ;)

7. Umeme

Umeme New Member

Batter up !!

ok so basically to me ,it looks like a 26xxx GGts

8. My Oh My

My Oh My New Member

Pretty much. :)

I can imagine one of those with my 6ml BO-8 Triton tank....vape for about 3 days.
    Also might be good for doing curls...lol

9. nojav.com

nojav.com New Member

how about a 10ml carto\tank ??

10. PallMall

PallMall New Member

I get bored having just one flavor and even my 2-3ml tanks seem like a lot so IDK...never used a carto tank.

11. Gabglina

Gabglina New Member

It's a matter of taste but, I find higher ohms with higher volts a better combination than lower ohms and lower volts. To going LR is too hot and tastes scorched. Going mechanical means having it the way I like it for about 10 minutes. The rest of the time it's too much or too little. So, I'm with KT. I don't get it. I recently got a natural to verify what I already knew. I was right. It's not for me. I'm waiting on 18490s to use it with a kick.

As for what I think it needs. It would be nice if it would close completely with the batteries it's made for. The Natural doesn't close all the way with the 18650s with nipples that I have. It barely closes on Panny flattops. If it has a switch sticking out the side on the bottom, it would be nice if it was easy enough to press with the side of your pinky. Of course, the button needs a locking feature.

12. StoraTit

StoraTit New Member

well you could get this to regulate
    The Can

13. Irravoill

Irravoill New Member

OK, I don't get THAT.

My mech mods give me the same vape until the batt gets toast. Doh.

I have VV, regulated 3.7 and mechs. The mech mods using 1.5-2.x ohms easily outperform everything else I have. Including my Buzz Pro.
    I have a chiDID on the Buzz now at 1.9 and it's great at around 4v, but TBH, the 1.6 on the Empire clone is blowing it away and lasts longer. 16430's just cant do what a 18650 IMR can. Yes, you'll tell me to wrap bigger coils and do blah blah...

You mate the ohms to the device...not hard. I got a 2.4ohm IGO-L build on my OvaleV8 running at around 4.2v with crap PWM....not burnt. Burnt means you messed up.

I think most you just don't want to fiddle. You want that smoker experience of "I want right now and always the same". Go have a cig and get over it.

I have four pv's in front of me, mech, 3.7, and VV and they all are about the same vape....because I made them that way. I'm not competing wiht some douche on YT for wattage....I vape what I like. I don't care what anyone thinks, I'm enjoying my vape.

14. hellowhat

hellowhat New Member

I'm with you there Caff
    plus having the exact same vape is boring I love my vv's vw's and mech and I set em up the way I like with the juice I like and if it gets weak I change the batt
    seriously on mechs I like the vape from 4.2v to 3.6v on a 1ohms to 1.6 ohms coil just fine really great indeed

15. visit website

visit website New Member

Two legacy mini's and one kicked legacy mini. The only thing I would change is the finish. I want a shiny one. Lol

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

16. Majewskio7

Majewskio7 New Member

Wrong on many counts. First, absolutely no hot spots. Not even on the top of an AGA-T. No you don't need washers to do that and you don't have to bend the wick. I probably fiddle as much as anyone on the board. My first genesis was a Vivi tank that I modded. I did plenty of fiddling to get to where I managed to get a decent vape out of that. If you feel you get the same performance first to last in any all mechanical, either you're changing 18650s every hour or you have very little sensitivity.

17. kbee

kbee New Member

I agree I usually have two provaris going, a kicked Bam and three mech mods. Each has an appropriately wrapped coil and the one I grab is just determined by the kind of vape I want (and the juice in it lol).

18. chick

chick New Member

The only mod I run as a pure mechanical is my Legacy Mini ... it is the perfect little stealth mod, and with my preferred setup (3خ© coil in a Penelope @ 7 watts), it only draws about 1.5A so the 18350 lasts quite a long time. The only thing I'd change is to make it just a smidgen longer so it could hold a 2¢-For-Safety or ShortStop fuse.

19. Usardjab

Usardjab New Member

I own a silver bullet and a megalodon. My girlfriend has a smoktech telescope.

I think what I like most about the Don is the bottom button. What I would change about it is... make it entirely out of copper/brass instead of aluminum or stainless steel and make it telescopic like the smok telescope. Also, I would give it ego threads.

As for the silver bullet, I would give it ego threads and not much more. Having it be a little thinner would be nice, I suppose, but then it wouldn't be nearly as durable. I would also like it better if it was 100% mechanical with no wires... And if it were made of brass and/or copper.

For the telescope, I would like the threads to be made a little better so there's not so much play in the parts. I would make it out of brass/copper, and I would alter the switch to make it a bit stiffer. Also, I would add knurling or SOME kind of texture to certain parts. Also Ego threads.

Basically, my ideal mod would be 100% mechanical, bottom button, telescopic, and made of copper or brass.
    Edit: Oh yeah, and it would have ego threads so I can use pretty much whatever the hell I want on it as far as ego/510 stuff is concerned, without dealing with adapters.

20. FlarlFaifs

FlarlFaifs New Member

So something like [​IMG] you can see it telescoped for an 18500 in my sig.... :)