Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Kind of Newbie, next step up.

Discussion in 'New Vapers Forum' started by spareman, Sep 7, 2015.

1. ffboisv

ffboisv New Member

^^

Provided he likes to direct lung vape. The kanger subox's are all too airy for Mouth to Lung vaping.

2. lilooo

lilooo New Member

I can mtl with it on tightest setting. But i prefer big lung hits

Gladstone qld

3. Swormax

Swormax New Member

Hey Trumpy, I only enjoy MTL vaping and after trying a number of different versions/coils in the Kanger Subtank range I couldn't get a decent or satisfying mouth to lung vape with any of them on the smallest airflow or otherwise.

Everyone's different in their preferences and vaping style and this is why I clarified my post with 'Provided he likes to direct lung vape'. From my reading and understanding in this and a number of other forums it is rare indeed that a MTL vaper enjoys the Kanger Subtank for this reason.

You prefer lung hits so thus you enjoy the Subtank and you probably vape it generally with the airflow wide open I suspect. But when you feel like a MTL vape you probably close it to the smallest airflow and that to you is a MTL hit.

For us general day to day MTL vapers the smallest airflow on a Kanger Subtank is almost always far too airy for a MTL vape.

Each to their own though huh :joyous:

4. Francis Ulma!

Francis Ulma! New Member

I use 2 subtank minis with RBA
    And also enjoy my Orchid V6s

Both in my MTL rotation ;)

5. 2lethal

2lethal New Member

^^ speaking of rare

;):cheerful::excitement:

6. ichtyanthropos

ichtyanthropos New Member

100% true nicaholic. And we are all different in what we like and do. I dont mind mtl occasionally, but yes for people who do that regularly, this set up maybe too airy.
    As long as the OP gets good info and opinions then hopefully they can make a well informed decision and get another person off the analogs ☺

Gladstone qld

7. dnodean

dnodean New Member

Absolutely Trumpy - enjoy your setup when you find what works for you and stay off the smokes - Amen to that !! ;)

8. norma0164

norma0164 New Member

As a full time MTL I absolutely agree with Nic. I find aerotanks on lowest air flow almost too airy. I find anything that doesn't heat up quickly will not produce enough vapour for my 2 second vaping style.

9. ilgoga

ilgoga New Member

Time to head over to the comp ;)

10. lockdoorandviewing

lockdoorandviewing New Member

Yes do so mate - we need to get up another 80 posts for another draw !!;)

11. ainawgsd

ainawgsd New Member

I need another the one i got is comlty Hahaha ;)

12. Phombub

Phombub New Member

tank only on offer as the prize for this round - you have to have a spare tank huh:joyous:

13. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

Haha could be tank thats dodgey
    Atomizer short

14. Lemot

Lemot New Member

If you are after a very very good mouth to lung, then this it is.[forget the kanger subohm and 1.2ohm heads]
    Kanger 1.2ohm heads are ok and can sort of mouth to lung but not like the triton 1.8ohm heads.
    Be aware that the tank may have the 0.5ohm subohm head installed already, so just replace it with the triton 1.8ohm head

15. shadow79

shadow79 New Member

deleted this post again as I researched and answered my own question. :)

16. badmasswifta921

badmasswifta921 New Member

Whew, such a steep learning curve coming from knowing nothing. Another recap from what I'm learning via this forum and what has been suggested here.

Mods suggested: Joytech Evic Mini, Eleaf istick 60 wt, Kanga subbox (opinion being that is is too airy for mouth to lung),
    Questions, I have..... Why the 60 wt istick as opposed to the other wattage's on offer? There are all different wattage.The help staff from House of Vape suggested the 30 wt? How does the istick compare to the Joytech mod? Is it just aesthetics?

Tanks/Clearomizers suggested: Kanga subtank mini, Aspire Atlantis (opinion being it is better for mouth to lung over the airy Kanga) (takes Triton 1.8 ohm coil), Melo tank (takes the Triton 1.8 phm coil), Aspire comtilus Mini BVC Tank (suggested by House of Vape helpstaff). Opinions on the comtilus are most welcome as I haven't heard any of you comment on these yet and I saw some reviews saying these are better for mouth to lung over the Atlantis which was more for lung hits?

Coils: Trition 1.8 Ohm

Extras: Aspire Atlantis 5 ml replacement tank to go with the Aspire Atlantis Clearo. Batteries and chargers.

Starter Kits: Joytech eGo One mega, Istick 60watt and Melo 2 tank starter kit, Kanga Subbox.

I am leaning towards either the Aspire Atlantic tank with 5 ml replacement tank and Triton 1.8 ohm coils. I just need to decide on appropriate Mod, possibly the EVIC VTC mini?. Or the eleaf istick mod with comtilis tank? Then onto the e-liquids which I will be asking you incredibly helpful peeps for suggestions for aswell. Are there two steps to the liquid? Do you buy the flavour here incoms and then import the nicotine over??

17. Tony Toni Tone

Tony Toni Tone New Member

Oh and how often do you need to replace things like the coils and clearomizer tank or its components. Ie how many of these should I purchase to keep my partner going for a few weeks to a month?

18. Incaphy

Incaphy New Member

Coils will come down to how often your partner vapes. I dont use nic, so i cant help there. But this thread is also going to help a friend of mine who is interested in this exact same thing. i love when good things line up for multiple people (well this thread is applicable for multiple people )

Gladstone qld

19. beckamdavid

beckamdavid New Member

The evic mini comes in a kit with an Ego One Mega tank. While it isn't the best tank around it will do the job and you can get coils that will do temperature control and they aren't rare or expensive. My advice is to get it all in one and upgrade the tank later if it works for him. Don't forget to get an 18650 battery or two that will handle at least 25 amps continuous discharge. (A good rule of thumb is to go with the brands you know for batteries, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic or LG)

20. angellat

angellat New Member

When the Atlantis was comnched, you have to remember that it was a subohm tank only and not for mouth to lung.
    It was the triton tank that came with the 1.8ohm heads which are compatible with the atlantis and it is these heads that are really good for mouth to lung when running around 15 - 16w.
    The istick 30w and a comtilus is a good combo for beginners for mouth to lung only but the atlantis with 1.8ohm heads perform better.