Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Kanger occ coil problem

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by ✔, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

Is this normal? Was vaping on some Mo's Vanilla Custard using an ego one battery and a kanger subtank nano when it tasted like it .comght on fire. I've had dry hits before and coils that have had a burnt taste but this was like smoking a cig ass end up.

Pulled apart the coil and it looked terrible. This was after about 1 week of use and it had been cleaned 3 or 4 times.

[​IMG]

2. Yarn

Yarn New Member

wow, I've not seen that before with any of my coils.
    Wat wattage/voltage did you have it at?

EDIT, disregard, just re-read you had it on an ego one. Not familiar with this battery, but doe sit have a switch to change from 1.0ohm to 0.5ohm?

3. Sebastian M

Sebastian M New Member

No but I vaped a tank on my ego one and when I changed the cotton to change the flavour I noticed it was really black on the cotton right where the coil sits. This was with a fresh 1.2 ohm coil on my ego xl. I've never had any problem with fresh coils or coils that I've changed the cotton on my istick 30. So maybe if I called a week on it I would have. That's a shame .comse they look cool together. Bit scary don't think I'll be using them together again.

How did you clean the coils?

4. piranha

piranha New Member

Your wick looks really burnt, I had dirty looking wicks before but they are never burnt black. It's normal to have a darker patch right under where the coil sits.
    I've just had a look & the Ego One seems to be for sub ohm vaping & is putting out too much power for your sub tank nano or the subtank can't wick juice fast enough for the power of the Ego One. Maybe try the Ego One Atomiser for $20 as it's mated to the Ego One.
    When you say you cleaned the coil 3 or 4 times did you wash out the the wick with water? I think doing this will ruin the cottons wicking ability making for the trouble you are having. Anyhow good luck getting it sorted mate.

5. melmar73

melmar73 New Member

I considering this tank, apparently you need to prime the coil and saturate it with juice to the max otherwise the cotton will burn instantly on the first hit... Just from research, no personal experience yet.

6. alapAdava

alapAdava New Member

First thing you see when you open the box is a massive warning to prep the occ coil head by dropping juice and saturating the cotton.
    There is zero chance it would burn black like that unless you either didn't saturate the coil head or you caped it at way above the recommended watt range printed on the coil and it couldn't keep up wicking.
    (Not sure what the ego one fires at but I know it's not adjustable)
    Not taking a shot, just trying to provide a reason as to why it happened