Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Kanger bottom dual coil cleaning question

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by djbkifg3d, Nov 24, 2015.

1. djbkifg3d

djbkifg3d New Member

I have kanger Bottom dual coils and I've read to clean them just stick them under the tap and let water flow through them for a couple minutes. Then it says to let them dry out . Is there a reason you can't stick it back in the tank vape a few hits and let the water try by vaping it? Does it burn the wicks or bust coils or something ?

2. abuelo43

abuelo43 New Member

You can do that. The water will evaporate eventually, but you won't get much vapour until it does. You won't burn anything.

3. theonlykingd

theonlykingd New Member

Kool thanks for your help!!

4. Bob N

Bob N New Member

Hey Joe. Run them under water, then shake / blow out the excess water. Stick it back on the base and then the base on the battery. Them give it a dry burn while blowing through the airholes. Do that until there is no more smoke and until the coils light up bright. Then run it under water again and repeat. The second time is to remove the smell that may linger from the first dry burn.

Practically goods as new again. I've used this process on the new and old style kanger dual coils. Works great.

5. bapatrckmtopa5051

bapatrckmtopa5051 New Member

I've found that kanger coils need a couple of dry pulls and about 10 minutes to settle in if replaced new & if washed about 30.

6. teetMupS

teetMupS New Member

Thank you very much for your replies everyone

7. eszxiwf2c

eszxiwf2c New Member

Can you use this same method to clean other coils? Specifically the EVOD BVCs. Or does it only work with the double coils?

8. wwybslego

wwybslego New Member

Any coils that use a non-flammable wick, like silica. I think the BVC coils from Aspire use a ceramic wick. I don't know if you can dry burn those. Probably can.

9. twinkletoes

twinkletoes New Member

Cheers. I'll give it a shot and see if it works.

10. ConekomopaDC

ConekomopaDC New Member

Found a youtube video on how to actually rebuild the BVC's from Aspire - can use the same method for the BDC's but with a single coil.
    Going to have a shot at doing this tonight - at home I prefer a gennie, but for work it's hard to go past a nice stable .comt...

11. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Member

Device:
    iTaste MVP 2.0 iClear 30
    Juice:
    Snake oil from Seduce Juice, pear/coconut/cream
    Fоund а yоutubе vidео оn hоw tо асtuаlly rеbuild thе BVС's frоm Аspirе - саn usе thе sаmе mеthоd fоr thе BDС's but with а singlе соil.
    Gоing tо hаvе а shоt аt dоing this tоnight - аt hоmе I prеfеr а gеnniе, but fоr wоrk it's hаrd tо gо pаst а niсе stаblе Nаut..