Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Juice / mixing / lvl rookie question

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by Your Teeth or Mine?, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Your Teeth or Mine?

Your Teeth or Mine? New Member

May have been asked before, may not have

I am thinking of buying local for the flavours (doublers) and importing some pre mixed nic. I have done the maths on this and actually worked out with the volumes i am buying its cheaper and quicker for me to do it this way than just keep importing.
    Postage kills when you start upping the volumes of liquid

JW have the 60/40 doublers 15ml in 30 mls bottles

I was looking at a link i saw from @disley where they have premixed 50/50 at 18mg

If i mix this with the JW doubler is my maths right i will get 30mls of 55/45 at 9mg nic ?

I am also of the understanding that to change the nic lvl lower from this point i need to obtain some PG and VG seperately and start adding them into it later. The many various juice level calcs will be able to help with that i assume.

My target nic for 2 of the people in my house is around 9mg at the moment. In a few months we are looking at 4-5 and so on. I can work that out all later

Please tell me this is about right, its been doing my head in all morning

2. ykheobq20m

ykheobq20m New Member

Yes............

JW doubler 15mls 60/40 (PG 9mls VG 6mls)
    Nic 15mls 50/50 (PG 7.5mls, VG 7.5mls)

Total PG 16.5mls (9+7.5)
    Total VG 13.5mls (6+7.5)

Percentage PG 16.5/30 = 55
    Percentage VG 13.5/30 = 45

3. SacredDB

SacredDB New Member

4. IdiodoSes

IdiodoSes New Member

Help me out here please guys.

I want to turn 60ml of 18mg/ml of unflavoured nicotine, into 4.5mg/ml of custard flavoured e-juice.

If I start with 60ml of 18mg nic, and I add it to a 60ml doubler of 50-50pg/vg custard flavour, that will give me 120ml of 9mg nic, is that right so far?

If I want to make the 9mg/ml what I now have, into 4.5mg/ml nic @50/50pg-vg, I must add another 60ml custard doubler, or 120ml single strength custard, is that right?

Will this make the nic level 4.5mg/ml, and the custard flavour about right?

I hope I've worded this so you can understand it.

5. kokoman

kokoman New Member

I find the easiest way to do it is make up some 9mg nic (I make up 2 x 50ml bottles at a time) ie. your 18mg nic half and half with plain pg/vg depending on your taste.

then just use that when needed half and half with your doublers to get 4.5mg final mix. Then you're having to bugger about with nic less often.

6. BTZKathle

BTZKathle New Member

That would also be a yes. Technically.

You mention 50/50 on the doubler but don't mention the ratio of your nic. If your nic is of that will change away from 50/50

7. ying ting

ying ting New Member

Thanks, nic is 50/50.